What if I am oversized?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
oneperson

What if I am oversized?

Postby oneperson » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:04 pm

Hello again. As you know, after 3 months post surgery I am not able to have sex because of the pain when I am inflated. So, as my Doctor is not very comunicative and I have not an schedule with him till 18Th december, I have witten to Dr Eid explaining my case.

He has told me that there are 3 possible causes that make this happen: inflamation, oversize and infection. Then I have told him that I have been implanted with 20 cm + 1cm RTE titan, and the strech test was 10 cm. Then, he has told me that, unless I am a fat person (and I am indeed a thin person), the average distance from crux to pelvis, ie, the part into the pelvis of a prothesis, is 6 cm. Considering my crux dimensions are high over the average, 8 cm, if the strech test was well done, it gives 18 cm max length cylinders. Mine are 20 + 1, which according with Eid, and having that pain after 3 months, there are many chances that I have been oversized.

And then, if I am really oversized, what is the solution? Replace the implant?

I am terribly worried now.
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

Lost Sheep

Re: What if I am oversized?

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Replacement is one solution (if your implant is actually too large/oversized). If not oversize, more investigation is required.

I will speculate:

If your implant is oversize, stretching your penis is another possible solution. It takes a very long time for penile tissues to stretch/grow, but since the tunica albuginea is living tissue it can grow...slowly...probably months.

Is the pain in the tip or the shaft?

If you apply vacuum to your penis when the implant is inflated to a painful degree, does the pain lessen?

If you feel your glans, can you find the tips of the implant? What is the distance from the tips of the implant to the tip of your penis?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

oneperson

Postby oneperson » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Is the pain in the tip or the shaft?

In the tip not exactly. Near the tip, in the down face of the penis, mainly. But also in the left part of the shaft, in the scrotum (that Mr Eid tells it can be reflected pain).

If you apply vacuum to your penis when the implant is inflated to a painful degree, does the pain lessen?

I don't have a vacuum device, so I cannot make the test.

If you feel your glans, can you find the tips of the implant? What is the distance from the tips of the implant to the tip of your penis?

I find the tip of the cylinders about maybe 4 or 5 mm under the tip of the glans, both deflated and inflated.
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

merrix

Postby merrix » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:01 pm

oneperson wrote:Hello again. As you know, after 3 months post surgery I am not able to have sex because of the pain when I am inflated. So, as my Doctor is not very comunicative and I have not an schedule with him till 18Th december, I have witten to Dr Eid explaining my case.

He has told me that there are 3 possible causes that make this happen: inflamation, oversize and infection. Then I have told him that I have been implanted with 20 cm + 1cm RTE titan, and the strech test was 10 cm. Then, he has told me that, unless I am a fat person (and I am indeed a thin person), the average distance from crux to pelvis, ie, the part into the pelvis of a prothesis, is 6 cm. Considering my crux dimensions are high over the average, 8 cm, if the strech test was well done, it gives 18 cm max length cylinders. Mine are 20 + 1, which according with Eid, and having that pain after 3 months, there are many chances that I have been oversized.

And then, if I am really oversized, what is the solution? Replace the implant?

I am terribly worried now.

Sorry man, you are not going to like what I have to say, but here goes:

I understand you are terribly worried. I would have been to. Actually I was terribly worried after my surgery. Pump positioning, pain in the scrotum, 3 o'clock flaccid, nightly flood-like sweatings, high blood pressure... The list went on. But all issues disappeared and all ended up on the perfect end of the scale.
But I know the feeling.

My guess is you actually are oversized. Of course, I am no doctor, and what the heck do I know. But - it just isn't normal with that pain you are feeling. And your implant is very big for your size.
But more important than my own conclusions is your response from Dr. Eid. If he indicates your implant is 5 cm too big, I think chances are quite high you actually are oversized. If not, then your crus should be almost double the depth of the average man. Unlikely. But of probably theoretically possible.

That was the bad news.

The good news is that even if you are oversized, that is not the end of the world. It is not the end of your life, and not even the end of your dick and your glory king-of-sex days. A couple of years when you look back at this, it is just going to be a bump in the road. A pain-in-the-ass bump perhaps, but really nothing more.
As long as you don't destroy anything, then it can be fixed.

My advice, which I think I gave you before, is to take it very easy and gentle with the pumping. If you truly are very oversized, then you don NOT want to pump hard to force the implant to straighten. That would put enormous pressure on the inside of your glans. And if you damage your glans, then you might possibly cause serious damage which will risk to have very long term negative consequences.
If you are that much oversized, I don't think you need to worry about shrinkage even if you don't inflate at all. Your dick is probably being stretched enough 24 hours per day anyway.

This is also why I would not follow advice of other posters in this thread. Don't mess with it. He is no doctor and you have no reason to experiment just to answer his questions. Then what? Is he going to give you his diagnose? And then what? He will give you the cure? Unlikely, right?
And his idea that your dick might stretch/grow to fit your implant... Anybody heard of an implanted dick growing 5 centimeters (2 inches)???
The last thing I would do in your shoes would be aggressive cycling...

For the same reasons, you should not just do what I say either. Listen to your doc if you trust him to fix this.
Or find another one.

But my advice is simply to be careful. Don't take any risk
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

oneperson

Postby oneperson » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:43 pm

It seems very clear that the chances of oversize are very big. And this makes me think about one thing: what can make a 25 years of experience surgeon, with hundreds and even thousands of succeded implants in his career, take the decision of put a so big implant? What did he saw in the OR to take that decision? Didn't he saw in the OR that that implant was very big? The RTE thing is even more confuse. Not only put a 4 cm bigger than needed prothesis, but also add another cm with an RTE?

It is very very strange. That kind of mistake is not normal even in a rocky surgeon. Such evident oversizing is too much even for a rocky. A very experienced one, I think can make a mistake oversizing one, maybe 2 cm. But 5? It sounds crazy.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:44 pm

merrix wrote:But my advice is simply to be careful. Don't take any risk

I absolutely and emphatically agree.

merrix wrote:This is also why I would not follow advice of other posters in this thread. Don't mess with it. He is no doctor and you have no reason to experiment just to answer his questions. Then what? Is he going to give you his diagnose? And then what? He will give you the cure? Unlikely, right?
And his idea that your dick might stretch/grow to fit your implant... Anybody heard of an implanted dick growing 5 centimeters (2 inches)???
The last thing I would do in your shoes would be aggressive cycling...

I hope NO ONE would think I advised aggressive inflation. My intention was to experiment only with inflation oneperson already does and no more than that. I neglected to add that truly painful inflation should be avoided.

It is true that the first few weeks or months after implant, there is some discomfort with inflation. That is normal (at least, it has been commonly reported in this forum). But extreme inflation is inadvisable.

No, I am not a doctor. I did advise that my post was largely speculation. But speculation based on logic. I omitted mentioning that caution is also needed.

I have read of penile stretching over time. Not 5 cm. But reports of 2cm after a few years are not uncommon (usually after a revision). But I agree, aggressive cycling is not a good idea. But oneperson is obviously cycling to a lesser degree. Do you, Merrix, advise no cycling? What degree of cycling would you recommend?

merrix wrote:
For the same reasons, you should not just do what I say either. Listen to your doc if you trust him to fix this.
Or find another one.

Yes, second opinions are often quite valuable. Flying to New York is expensive, but may be worth it if another physician (with expertise) in Spain is not available. In the meantime, the answers to the questions I posed might be informative. - As long as oneperson is cautious about how he goes about the exercise.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

merrix

Postby merrix » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:04 pm

Sorry of I sounded harsh on you LS.
But I simply think Oneperson needs help, and not from you. Or me.
He has bad pain, cannot have sex. I just think he should be careful.
You can’t mean he should bear the pain for two years till his dick has beaten the world record and grew 3-5 cm from (painful) cycling?

Anyway, in the end you must decide yourself what you do Oneperson.
But as I said above, oversized is really only a disaster if the implant pushes so hard that it destroys your tissue.
Before that happens, it is only one more surgery. Doable, right?
And if your lucky; you are not oversized and things will be fine soon.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:57 pm

merrix wrote:Sorry of I sounded harsh on you LS.
But I simply think Oneperson needs help, and not from you. Or me.
He has bad pain, cannot have sex. I just think he should be careful.
You can’t mean he should bear the pain for two years till his dick has beaten the world record and grew 3-5 cm from (painful) cycling?

No problem, Merrix. Your challenges are beneficial and keep me on an even keel. So, I thank you.

I disagree about help. From me, from you, from anyone who has thoughts that might benefit him. Of course, thoughts and speculations from laypersons (and even experts who have not made clinical examinations) are not worth very much. But they can lead to good questions for oneperson to take to his doctor.

I supposed that a stretching protocol could ease oneperson's pain (hence, my question about vacuum device) and do it sooner than years . I cannot know, of course. So, I asked. In any event, if the pain of inflation lessens over a short enough time that it is bearable, that MIGHT be preferable to a revision surgery.

merrix wrote:Anyway, in the end you must decide yourself what you do Oneperson.
But as I said above, oversized is really only a disaster if the implant pushes so hard that it destroys your tissue.
Before that happens, it is only one more surgery. Doable, right?
And if your lucky; you are not oversized and things will be fine soon.

Tissue compression and subsequent injury (especially if it leads to the implant tips eroding through the penis tip) would be a disaster of the first order. A revision surgery before that happens would be good and the sooner the better.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:48 pm

oneperson wrote:And then, if I am really oversized, what is the solution?

You could ask about imaging of your pelvic area, ultrasound, or CT scan, or MRI. That might show in detail how the implant is fitting in your body and might show the cylinder folds if you were oversized. Imaging is non-invasive and relatively inexpensive, maybe something to ask your surgeon about.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Skier123

Postby Skier123 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:21 pm

A couple thoughts:

1. I am a fan of giving your original Dr. a chance to make things right. Although Dec 18th isn't very far away - I would call him again tell him you are in PAIN and *ask* if he can't fit you in any sooner - like tomorrow.

2. I am also a fan of backup plans. If you don't get your issues sorted out quickly by your original surgeon - I would get a second opinion pronto. (Even though I am going to use a very well respected high volume surgeon - I already know who I will go to see if the first guy screws something up and can't or won't fix it.)

Be calm and work the problem. I haven't read anything in your description yet that a good implant surgeon won''t be able to fix one way or another.
54 yr old single guy
Severe ED for over10 years; diagnosed with peyrones and venous leak
Implanted 12/23/19, Dr. Laurence Levine
Coloplast Titan w/ Genesis pump

Return to “Implants”