Any experience with narrow cylinders?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
csr1224

Any experience with narrow cylinders?

Postby csr1224 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Whats good bout em? Bad bout em? Do they fold or kink easier with pressure?
I ask because i may have to go that route. I ask because my biggest concern is gaining girth from an implant. I would prefer to not any girth at all and am hoping to decrease girth some by going to a narrow cylinder. 43yo and probably nearing time to make a decision about implantation. I suspect venous leak.

oldbeek

Re: Any experience with narrow cylinders?

Postby oldbeek » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:35 pm

Just use the ams 700 lgx and you will be happy. Adds nothing extra.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:05 pm

Oldbeek,

From what I have read and viewed, neither implant will add anything to what you have already. If you 'get' anything, its because you already had, but for one reason or another, you lost through atrophy or something else.
As for the cylinders, you may or may not get kinks. It does not matter. BUT, the Titan is more susceptible to kinks.
I don't understand how either Titan or AMS can get kinks when it is a closed system. You usually get kinks when suction is goes *beyond* just taking out all solution.
I think I will leave my Titan with one or two pumps in it ever time I deflate (I wonder what would happen).
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

csr1224

Postby csr1224 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:40 am

Thanks for the replies,guys.

csr1224

Postby csr1224 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:42 am

In regard to kinking...i was moreso asking in regard to kinking easier under pressure while fully pumped. Being a narrow cylinder would it have less rigidity or bend easier than a non narrow cylinder.
I would sort of assume being narrower would be have less axial rigidity. Perhaps i can find a published paper on it.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:16 pm

Agfa13 wrote:Oldbeek,

From what I have read and viewed, neither implant will add anything to what you have already. If you 'get' anything, its because you already had, but for one reason or another, you lost through atrophy or something else.
As for the cylinders, you may or may not get kinks. It does not matter. BUT, the Titan is more susceptible to kinks.
I don't understand how either Titan or AMS can get kinks when it is a closed system. You usually get kinks when suction is goes *beyond* just taking out all solution.
I think I will leave my Titan with one or two pumps in it ever time I deflate (I wonder what would happen).

Your comment about not gaining anything you did not already have makes me think you are referring to length, not girth. You can definitely gain girth. Titan cylinders are bigger around than AMS cylinders. If you compare the same penis with one and then the other, the Titan will have more girth. For that matter, if a guy had a very narrow penis. An AMS will also immediately increase the girth.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:21 pm

csr1224 wrote:In regard to kinking...i was moreso asking in regard to kinking easier under pressure while fully pumped. Being a narrow cylinder would it have less rigidity or bend easier than a non narrow cylinder.
I would sort of assume being narrower would be have less axial rigidity. Perhaps i can find a published paper on it.

I am not sure I understand the question. Yes, a skinnier cylinder will have less axial rigidity. "Column strength". Look up Euler's formulas/principles in engineering books or Wikipedia or Google.

Narrower cylinders (both AMS or Coloplast make them) are used for men with narrower tunica (because of genetics or scar tissue or other cause) and standard diameter implants will not properly fit. It is not usually an elective choice.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:21 pm

csr1224 wrote:Whats good bout em? Bad bout em? Do they fold or kink easier with pressure?
I ask because i may have to go that route. I ask because my biggest concern is gaining girth from an implant. I would prefer to not any girth at all and am hoping to decrease girth some by going to a narrow cylinder. 43yo and probably nearing time to make a decision about implantation. I suspect venous leak.

Do you feel your girth is too great?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

csr1224

Postby csr1224 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:16 pm

I would prefer to be less girthy without sacrificing rigidity if its possible.

csr1224

Postby csr1224 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:26 pm

Just not sure if by placing a narrow cylinder thar my fascia would "shrink" to fit over time or be "baggy" over the implant. My girlfriend and i do often struggle with sex do to her inelasticity and my girth. Id like to make things easier on both parties should i go through with surgery.

Return to “Implants”