Cold feet setting in

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Biker60

Cold feet setting in

Postby Biker60 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:07 pm

3 weeks out form surgery. Have terrible PD but can still get a deformed bend on. Can ejaculate and oral sex works . So does all morning or nocturnal erections end once the implant is done ? I assume yes for the most part. But does a flaccid implanted penis still have sensation? Called the coloplast ask a question to a guy with a titan. The person never called. So, for those that did have the implant. Was pain terrible? Xiaflex for Pd pain was pretty terrible. I will be 59 next week, vegetarian, no drugs, do not smoke or have reckless behaviors. Do many charity bike rides , worried that that will end. All input is appreciated.

Mike

Greg1956

Re: Cold feet setting in

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:42 pm

Mike,
It is natural for many guys facing implant surgery to be afraid or have doubts about following through. All I can do is share my story. By the time I decided I was going to get an implant I was at the point where I thought my dick had failed me so what did I have to lose. In your case DP will not likely get better and can get considerably worse so it is a situation where you take a risk moving forward, but there is also risk by not doing anything.

My pain was very minimal. In fact I have described at more as discomfort than pain. I did not need pain pills. Some guys do and some don’t.

As for your bike rides, there should be no resin you can’t continue. I have not stopped any of my activities/exercise. I bike, swim, run, use circuit training machines, etc.

I hope this helps. Most guys who have gone through this have only one regret and it is not doing it sooner.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

gercoa

Postby gercoa » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:41 pm

I know exactly how your feeling, my surgery is in the morning....
52 Been on every pill, done Trimix/Bimix In line for a Titan pump. Married, wife involved with this whole process. :) Implanted 12/9/19 Titan 20 with 1.6 rear tips.

Texas75008

Postby Texas75008 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:10 pm

I had my surgery almost a month ago. The first few weeks of recovery were difficult for me. See the post “pain after implant”, and one other I wrote which was a follow-up. I found the pain meds mildly useful, but not much of an aid with discomfort. What was helpful was: (1) frequent icing (2-4 x per day), and (2) separatec underwear, which is a two pouch system (I was in between a large and extra large based on weight size - the large proved to be the better fit).

I had real concerns for the first few weeks. My body has finally accepted having a foreign object inserted (AMS/LGX). I can handle my scrotum without pain, and can’t wait to see my doctor in another week to learn how to cycle the device (which was held off at two weeks because it was too painful). I have gone from slightly despairing the surgical outcome, to now understanding patience in the early days is needed, and I am hopeful the implant will restore my sexual abilities (I.e. an erection that lasts), and my appetite in that regard is very high!
Last edited by Texas75008 on Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:22 pm

gercoa wrote:I know exactly how your feeling, my surgery is in the morning....

I wish you well. Being it is in the am. I guess the closer I get the more accepting I will be.

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:26 pm

Greg1956 wrote:Mike,
It is natural for many guys facing implant surgery to be afraid or have doubts about following through. All I can do is share my story. By the time I decided I was going to get an implant I was at the point where I thought my dick had failed me so what did I have to lose. In your case DP will not likely get better and can get considerably worse so it is a situation where you take a risk moving forward, but there is also risk by not doing anything.

My pain was very minimal. In fact I have described at more as discomfort than pain. I did not need pain pills. Some guys do and some don’t.

As for your bike rides, there should be no resin you can’t continue. I have not stopped any of my activities/exercise. I bike, swim, run, use circuit training machines, etc.

I hope this helps. Most guys who have gone through this have only one regret and it is not doing it sooner.

Greg

You are correct xiaflex failed, so implants are the only surgical procedure that makes sense. Don’t even know if insurance will cover for PD. They paid the $40k for xiaflex and that was money poorly spent. PD left untreated can calcify and that is not good.

gene308

Postby gene308 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:50 pm

I know very wellthe doubt and fear. My implant experience has been better than i could ever expect. I was very fortunate to havevPA and nurse support before the surgery. They were my coaches helping me through thevprocess. Dont hesitate to ask the PAs to spend time until you are more comfortable. There will always be some apprehension but the more you know and the staff taking are of you the more confidence you will have
Gene308 married 43 years AMS 700 CX 21cm+2cm Implanted 10/04/2018 Dr James Hotaling (surgeon) and Mariah McCafferty, (Surgical Nurse and AMS rep) , University of Utah

WhiteCane

Postby WhiteCane » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:17 pm

Completely normal to worry about all of this… If you have already thought your ED was bad enough at all, you’re pretty much ready for it and need it before shrinkage and all of the other fun stuff sets in… glad to know I’m not the only veggie weirdo on here... diet will not be affected by the implant LOL… it will not make you crave the sausage…... Bicycle “down bars and aggressive“ still hurts the boys a little bit for me about seven weeks out… Back of girlfriends motorcycle does not hurt at all… after the first couple of weeks, I started riding the stationary’s at the gym and using this little floor bicycle that I have at home very lightly… It kept me feeling good that I didn’t need to give that up… I hopped back on the seven in my trainer one day last week and was able to go for about three minutes LOL this will get better in time… It really wasn’t that bad but I didn’t wanna push anything… you’re really going to enjoy your new kickstand…..
Implanted October 2019 Dr. Kramer lgx 18 cm +2 rear tips. Preop at 6.75 post op 5.25... awaiting revision… Implanted for possibility of having our first child.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:16 pm

With PD the surgeon may keep you pumped hard for 4 weeks. This is needed to straighten you out. That is what my doc said. He didn't warn me in advance. It hurt like hell for the whole time pumped 80-90 %. Now I have a beautiful straight dick. You may ask your surgeon if you will be healed by being pumped hard. The doc probably does not know till he gets inside and deals with the plaque. My healing was very painful and dr would not prescribe heavy duty pain meds. Go for it. It is worth it to have a straight dick. Mine actually curves up a small bit now. It matches the beast in me. Much better that the right curve at mid ship I had before..
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Bumble

Postby Bumble » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:06 pm

Mike, pain was not that bad to deal with. recovery was on time. the only problem i had was post op with a hematoma in why scrotum which, like the doc said and i knew resolved and all is great wish i had done it years earlier.
53, married 30 y, hypogonadal since 33, pills, rings, VED, Titan 23 cm March 2019

Return to “Implants”