Coloplast or AMS?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Biker60

Coloplast or AMS?

Postby Biker60 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:58 am

Surgery next month and the surgeon gave me the choice options. I have bad Peyronies. Explained that AMS does not expand like Titan, but penis looks more natural. Titan would increase girth, and the AMS just more natural when flaccid. I lost a few inches with Pd. Dr said if I cycle it I could get close to where I was. Titan may even make girth more but can only expand with what you have. Did mention, flaccid Titan might look wrinkled, or might just be larger in the flaccid state.

Question, I work in healthcare, so I don’t subscribe to Dr knows best. I just want to see what options are.

So let me know what the pros and cons of both from real guys who have them. My one fear, I am a avid cyclist. I can see this is going to be a problem. Sitting on the saddle and leaning forward with the pump and cylinders etc. Also, does the pump increase scrotal weight much?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Greg1956

Re: Coloplast or AMS?

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:54 am

Mike,
Each of us has a unique body so it is difficult to get answers from a bunch of other men and apply it to you. I have an AMS700LGX and I am thrilled with my results. I am 26 months post-op. At about 1 year I was back at my lifelong length after losing a lot to Prostatectomy and Peyronies. I had an upward curve of about 25%. My surgeon said he “scraped out the plaque” and it took about a year to end up totally straight, but it is now.

I had a choice of both brands and together my doc and I decided the AMS probably would help
me achieve my specific goals of a natural flaccid look because I was a nude model for college art classes at the time and that was important. The potential to regain my lost length was also something I cared about. I also like the look of the glans sticking out about from my shaft and the thicker cylinders of the Titan can make the glans look small sometimes.

After I was in recovery he told me he was glad I had chosen the AMS because the Titan was not as well suited to my anatomy. My girth is a little over 5.5” and I know some guys with Titans have the same so I am not sure exactly what he meant, but maybe internally the cylinders would not have fit as well.

When I had surgery my balls were nicely sized hung down and did a great job of camouflaging my pump. I would not say it made any difference to the weight of my sac, but with the tubing it was not quite is loose and floppy as it had been before. Last year I had A recurrence of Prostate Cancer and part of my treatment plan was a series of Lupron injections that caused them to shrink down to the size of small grapes. Then the pump became obvious. During this past year the size of my balls has increased, but not near back to what they were. The pump has sort of saved me at times from looking like I had been castrated and lost my balls altogether.

If you get a number of replies, it will still matter what your body needs. If you are well-endowed the Titan is typically preferable. If you are now a grower, not a show er, you may like the Titan because there is not a lot of difference between pumped and unpumped length so it is said to provide a good “locker room” look. If you want to enhance girth, the Titan cylinders will help. I love my AMS. I have as much flaccid length as I am comfortable with, my girth is perfect for my wife and my hand just barely wraps around my shaft when I jack off so I have plenty. I do not have the dog-ear problem that seems more likely with Titans.

Best wishes.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

oneperson

Postby oneperson » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:10 am

I would say both are good, each one with its advantages and disadvantages.

Patient satisfaction is similar, so that is not decisory.

As I have read, one of the advantages AMS had over Coloplast is the antibiothic treatment, and therefore, the less probability of infection, but Coloplast also has an antibiothic treatment, so I guess the infection ratio is similar, very low, in both.

Titan is stronger, so it is better suited for peronyes. Also, if you are concern by a possible girth lose, is a better choice.

AMS, seems to have a more natural flaccid appearance. So if your main concern is the penis appearance in flaccid state, you should go with AMS.

Titan provides more sizes than AMS. If you have a very large penis, you should go for the Titan, because the lack of higher sizes in AMS, is compensated by using RTE's, which with time, gives lower quality erections.

Two days ago I saw in Youtube an interview to 3 of the best surgeons in the world in IPP: Kramer, Perito a Eid. All of them said that they didn't find any reason that justify go with AMS when you can go with a Titan.

And viewing the advantages of the Titan, neither do I.

I wear a Titan, and the appearance in flaccid is not bad.
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:15 am

if you do not have 6 inches or more in girth, I would go with ams, it's more durable than titan.
Titan tubes and pump suck.
Titan 24cm . December 2015

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:14 am

I have the Coloplast and I'm very happy with it. After 18 mo. I have my life long length, 5.5" and girth, 5.5", back. I have not had any other problems with my dick other then ED, unlike a lot of other guys here. I was a grower, flaccid, less then an inch most of the time, hated that! Now flaccid I'm 4" all the time, love that! As far as the pump goes, I only have one very large developed testicle, the left, the right one is about the size of a small marble, so my pump is on the right side which fills out my sack very nicely and is EZ to get to and use, and I have had no problems with it. I feel the only guys who can really tell you which system was best for them are the ones who have had revisions and had both brands installed. Both do the job their supposed to do and that is to make you hard on demand. When you really get down to it, nothing else really matters for most guys. I have before and after pictures if anyone is interested in seeing them, just PM me.
Andy
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Jasonsa

Postby Jasonsa » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:10 pm

Welcome Biker60. 3 weeks post op with titan. I too had peyronies, rather bad curve upward (I have before and after pics on my introduction). Very much limited intercourse options. Mostly. My dr said titan best option for peyronies. He also put in a size up to increase straightening. I now have quite the “flaccid” package to conceal. I was a grower not a shower, so having a big flaccid dicknis interesting. The debilitating curve is now gone. Pumped up to the max yesterday and I’m very happy. With daily cycling of pump - I hope to regain some length. Read my intro and see photo journey. Feel free to private message me. Best of luck.
56 years old. Botched Titan implant 21cm 11/13/19. San Antonio by Dr. Sammy Vick. ED 14 years/Peyronies. Revision by Laurence Levine Chicago January 2021.

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:53 pm

Well Guys thank you for your replies. Prior to Pd. I had a 6 in penis. Flaccid it was about an inch. Peyronies comes and knocks off 3 inches. Did the Xiaflex torture which may have freed up an inch at the base. But then. I have a 90 degree bend up and to the left. I am nervous about the procedure in the recovery sense. I divorced many years, raised two daughters and then Remarried 4 years ago. I waited for my daughters to be adults before involving them in the war of the roses. My 2nd wife 10 years younger then me 48, was healthy and caring and was my real sole mate. Well pancreatic cancer ended that relationship fast. So now a widower at 58, I am not doing the marriage thing again. But life is for the living and I am doing that. So I have no one to help feed my cat and dog. This is my fear in the early days of recovery. I mean I will work it out, it’s not easy in the sense I know I will be 50% inflated for 5 days after. Then 20% for the next 6 weeks. So it could be embarrassing in the early stages. But I am doing this for me. I have interviewed numerous Drs for the procedure. I met the big hitters and while I am sure they do good works. Not all of them impressed me with really caring about me. 25k to 30k is a bit much for someone who sees you for 7 minutes and others that change Alacarte for every question. I found a head of surgery at the 11 ranked uro hospital in the US. Local and the dr spoke to me for 2 hours. He told me what to expect and treated me with dignity that I felt I was not seeing with the other Drs. Two surgeons refused to implant because they don’t deal with Peyronie’s.
So, is my insurance paying don’t know. But it’s a hospital based system. The surgeon is an employee and that helps. There is no financial gain for him. If they don’t pay I will negotiate with the hospital that they should charge me no more the. The Medicare rate. Which is about 16k give or take. Coloplast has a surface that will absorb and solution that soak it in. I will have a 23 hour admission so I can stay on IV antibiotics for the duration. Also the nurses can take care of me for that time. If I have pain, that can be addressed and the foley won’t have to be removed by me. It’s all planned. Still nervous as hell. I still wake up the 90 degree hard on which hurts. But that won’t happen after the surgery. Last question guys, does anyone get any natural arousal once the implants are there ? I am told some do. The plan is to place the cylinders and not destroyed the copra. With the initial cracking the plaque while in my proprofol sleep that will set the course to straight ness Cycling offering will help as well. He did say I might have some curve but it would be a Ok.
Thanks again. I will post some Pd picks letter to see what my Pd looks like. For those who don’t have your lucky. Hopefully all will go well.

Mike

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:39 pm

Oneperson,

Can you provide the link to the vid, I would like to see it.
My surgery is with Kramer this coming Tuesday, Dec. 10th, so I still have time.
In my initial consult with him for the salvage, he gave me a choice, I said AMS.

I am just under 8", posted on Dick of Day, on the thick side (never measured, but it is a handful I would like to keep, lol).
I sent him a before pic saying I want to keep what I have.
I know the issues with Titan on here are just a drop in the bucket on here, but what you mentioned in the vid about all 3 saying at Titan is preferred, gives me pause as to what I told him. Should I say Titan? I will be on YouTube searching for vid, in case you don't get back to me.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:48 pm

Just an opinion. It seems to me that there is plenty of happy men with either brand of implant. I suspect that the real challenge is the installation of the implant. How many times have we read about poor results using either brand installed by a lackluster surgeon. Finding the doctor that cares about his work enough to keep learning about new & better ways to perform the implant is the key in my opinion.
Finding that guy is the real challenge, not picking the brand.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

oneperson

Postby oneperson » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:12 pm

Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

Return to “Implants”