Implant or injections?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Txagq8

Re: Implant or injections

Postby Txagq8 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:02 pm

Thirty plus year injection veteran with no Peyronies and hopefully no scar tissue. I guess we will iind out soon enough.....when I get implant installed.

Let me put it this way-if injections were still as effective for me as they were five years ago i doubt I'd be looking at an implant. But they aren't. Not even close. But I got over 25 years worth of good from them. I don't regret using them.

Surgeries, even those done by the experts in the field, are always a crapshoot. Yes, nowadays the risk is low and the outcome is likely to be good. But if there are nonsurgical options which work, I sure as heck wouldn't dismiss them.

I used a 1/2 inch 29 gauge syringe. Nothing to it.

Injections wont cause any size loss.

When and if they quit working, surgical options haven't been ruled out.

If it were me, I'd avoid the auto inject. Rotate sides each time. Don't inject more than you and the doc determine is a good dose.

Best of luck to you.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

oldbeek

Re: Implant or injections?

Postby oldbeek » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:19 pm

My favorite saying is:: Nothing beats a blood filled dick. 30% of guys have terrible pain from the adprostadil . I was one of them. If you have that pain discussion will be over. Anyway,, Even with the pain, the feeling in my dick was much better with injections. Maybe the allergy thing but I started getting a right bend at midship with under 40 injections, and scar tissue. Pre implant flaccid was stubby 1 1/2" now implanted 5 1/2" My dads implant lasted 15 years till he passed away.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:29 am

Toby799 wrote:Just wanted a bit of advice. I am 40, wore a cock ring for too long in my early 20's and things have never been the same... For years things worked fine with tablets but over the past few years that's been less and less the case. I've been in a bit of denial about it tbh. So I've seen a urologist and tried the urethral alprostadil cream without success. Now they want me to try injections. It just sounds like such an extreme thing to do and so unnatural and difficult to incorporate into an intimate encounter, even if it does actually work... The urologist was quite insistent that it was better to keep ur unadulterated cock for as long as possible, but I don't know... And all the feedback from people who have had implants is so positive. Wondering if I should skip the injections entirely and jump straight to an implant. What are peoples thoughts?

Hey Toby, welcome. I posted my experiences moving through the entire range of pills to injections to now newly implanted. Maybe you find some value:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13511&p=118023#p118023

My experience was that pills failed for me at some point (inevitable) and then injections allowed me to have almost consistently unbelievably magic sex for almost 9 years after pills failed. Can only share my individual experience, but for me I would not change anything about my decision and my time spent injecting. It got painful toward the end and I understood the inevitability, too, of injections running their course because my body had just at some point had too much of it, had become too tolerant to increasing drug concentrations, etc. But would...not...change....my path. Injections, despite the obvious inconvenience and logistics which must be figured out, if you get in a groove and actively manage it closely, you have the opportunity to be able to do things you might not believe. Implant is always there and they'll do nothing but get technologically better. Just one guy's opinion. Oh, and no small thing - I don't know your wife/partner situation but all I can say is you need to be completely transparently and unnervingly open with them about all this. Make them an active participant. I think that is critical. You will run into all kinds of crazy situations along the way while injecting but you want her actively involved. Yes, that's a hell of a vulnerable place to put yourself in. Absolutely. But do it. You'll feel better and if she's the right girl she'll be right there beside you and your intimacy with her will only deepen. Good luck, man, and let me know if I can help in any way!
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:06 am

oldbeek wrote:My favorite saying is:: Nothing beats a blood filled dick.

:lol:

Robert66

Postby Robert66 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:51 am

[quote="Toby799"]It's OK, interested to know from injectors too. Was thinking some people who have implanted will have had a period injecting to compare it too.

So you are happy with the injecting option?[/quo

You think injections are extream but an implant is not
edex and tri mix 45/1/27 26 units

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:07 pm

I was only injected at the docs office. It took 4 separate injections to even get me semi hard. Two separate occasions. So no go for me. I also had severe peyronies so implant ended up my only real option.

Totally happy. If I want a hard dick just squeeze the bulb.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Robert66

Postby Robert66 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:11 pm

Oh injections are a hassel at first till you dial in your dose but once there its errection on demand and how different is the injection dial in period from the just implanted drama ..And i see the word revision a lot in here ...A lot easier to change trimix strength then get a revision ...i will keep injecting till it dont work
edex and tri mix 45/1/27 26 units

FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:24 pm

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

antelope

Postby antelope » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:47 pm

Less invasive is almost always a more prudent choice than more invasive.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Toby799

Postby Toby799 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:46 pm

Thanks for all the feedback guys! After reading all you've said I've decided to give the injections a go and picking up some vigicorp before the end of the week which I think is supposed to be good for venous leakage which is my prob. Fingers crossed it works but if not I'll be going down the bionic cock route. So good to know there is a workable solution no mater what... :)

Return to “Implants”