What does this mean?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Wornoutdon

What does this mean?

Postby Wornoutdon » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:40 pm

AMS 700-CX 21 X 12 with 0.5cm rear tip extender on left
AMS700 21 X 12 implant 10/3/19 @Penn Urology by Dr Kovell
Last "natural" erection 2009. Disappointed in results.

medhatg

Re: What does this mean?

Postby medhatg » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:47 am

Wornoutdon wrote:AMS 700-CX 21 X 12 with 0.5cm rear tip extender on left

AMS 700-CX : non-expandable implant from AMS.
21 is the length of the implant in centimeters = about 8.4 inches.
12: diameter of each chamber in millimeters (there are 2 chambers) = 0.5 inches
0.5cm rear tip extender: means there is a part at the end inside the body to complement the implant at 0.5 centimeters = 0.45 inches.

Wornoutdon

Postby Wornoutdon » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:56 pm

medhatg wrote:

0.5cm rear tip extender: means there is a part at the end inside the body to complement the implant at 0.5 centimeters = 0.45 inches.

Close to what I thought although I don't understand the relevance of the rear tip extender? And, I assume that the 21cm is half inside and half outside? And finally, why non-expandable, I thought that was the whole idea? And, I know, I did not do enough research before going under the knife.
AMS700 21 X 12 implant 10/3/19 @Penn Urology by Dr Kovell
Last "natural" erection 2009. Disappointed in results.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:20 pm

Wornoutdon wrote:
medhatg wrote:

Close to what I thought although I don't understand the relevance of the rear tip extender? And, I assume that the 21cm is half inside and half outside? And finally, why non-expandable, I thought that was the whole idea? And, I know, I did not do enough research before going under the knife.

Not too late to do post-op research. T will give you a background to understand your post-op experience.

The ratio varies; each man has different anatomy. %50%-50% is, i think, rare. 1/3-2/3 is more common. But that really does not matter. Your dimensions are your dimensions.

Rear tips are used to shim up (adjust) the length of the implant to meet your precise dimensions, since the manufacturers only make discrete lengths. For example AMS makes 18 cm and 21 cm implants and if a guy has internal space that requires 19 cm, the surgeon cannot use the 21cm (too long), so uses the 18cm and adds 1cm of rear tip extender for a proper fit to that particular man's anatomy.

All this information and more is readily available to read if you take the time. Not that we mind addressing your questions. That is why we are here, helping. But you may miss some information. It's just math. Past posts (covering a couple years of experiences and answers) have a lot more experience than you will get in the current time frame. That is, you will find dozens, perhaps near a hundred answers if you look back in past posts in multiple threads. The answers you get in one thread today will number (I speculate) far fewer and from fewer respondents. It's just math.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”