Pain After Implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SW0110

Re: Pain After Implant

Postby SW0110 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:59 pm

I was also left inflated at 60 percent for about 2 weeks. Due to pump glitch inflated pretty full for about 4 days till I saw my doc. So about 2 weeks and 4 days in saw doc and he deflated me and made sure i could deflate.

Been using it ever since. Pain was gone when he deflated me. Unreal very dull ache and a perpetual hard on for almost 3 weeks. Hardest thing to deal with.

Be careful what you wish for. You might get it. I was so happy to be soft again, but able to get hard at will. Just like old times.

Post op instructions I found were not the best as what to expect. Pretty much a common denominator from everyone's story here.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:49 am

Guys....inflated at 60%??? Even at 10%, it was uncomfortable for me! What a chubby!
According to what I have researched, there is to be some inflation that the Dr does upon surgery, and he lets it out 3 weeks later.
For me, and looking at my emails I sent the Dr (rd. 2 coming up for me). NONE of the medications were working IMHO.
My 1st 2 weeks, I could not sit down, per se. I would have to sit at the edge of a chair. If I actually sat down normally, it felt like my perinium area was pushed into my pelvic area.
I say none of the meds worked because I did not feel any difference, regardless of the time I took the meds. Did lots of sleeping and reclining, but I was just miserable all in my crotch area.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

cobylinks

Postby cobylinks » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:27 pm

Pain wasn't to bad after deflation.
Deflation occurred at the same time the cath. was removed
4 days post surgery. That pain was hell, short lived but hell.
Following surgery use ice and plenty of it. frozen peas work
great. Only had to use the heavy meds for 3-4 days then
OTC pain pills work fine. Good luck it's well worth it in the end!
Received implants 10/4/19 Coloplast 24cm + 1cm RTE
Dr. Brady, Orlando, Fl

oneperson

Postby oneperson » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:11 pm

Agfa13 wrote:According to what I have researched, there is to be some inflation that the Dr does upon surgery, and he lets it out 3 weeks later.

I think there is no rocket science in this. Each doctor and even each patient seems to be different.

In my case, I get out of the surgery inflated to 80%, one thursday, and next Monday I was deflated to about 30-40%%. Four days after, on Friday, I was totally deflated.

I have read stories of people that were left inflated for 3 and even 4 weeks. There is some confusion here. Some people says that if you are left inflated more than some days, you may develop scar in reservoir which result in autoinflated problem later due to lack of room in the reservoir caused by scar formed when it was empty because you were left inflated much time.

But not only that: in my case, I could not have been left inflated more than one week: that friday I was completely deflated, I was only at 30% and the pain was so big that if anybody would told me I have to stay like that just 2 days more, I would suicide.
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Wow! 80%? Isn't your cock, in general, just going to be painful?
I mean, I know the implant is there, but it is surrounded by your skin, so damn!
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

David_R

Postby David_R » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:33 pm

cobylinks wrote:Following surgery use ice and plenty of it. frozen peas work
great. Only had to use the heavy meds for 3-4 days then
OTC pain pills work fine. Good luck it's well worth it in the end!

Same for me and I totally agree. :)

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:11 am

My guess is that many surgeons are superstitious. They used a procedure that worked & are nervous about changing how they do things for recovery. My advice, and it isn't worth very much. Just go with your doctors orders. He has found that it works most of the time so don't try to out smart him. If the pain is too much, don't be afraid to tell him it is. He knows how to treat pain & I'm sure that he understands that it is part of his job. Best of luck to all of you that are newly implanted.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Texas75008

Postby Texas75008 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:11 pm

I had my two week post-surgical follow-up with my surgeon this morning. The "pain after implant" that I originally wrote about had started to subside late last week (about 10 days after the surgery). I was still uncomfortable due to the implant being 60% inflated. The surgeon tells me everything looks good, although I am still swollen, even more than I am able to observe. He deflated the implant, which was super painful (yikes!), but not long lasting. At one point I observed it felt like someone was squeezing one of my testicles (although I used a different term). He kept saying "sorry", which I told him was unnecessary! He tells me he keeps the implant inflated for the first two weeks to prevent bleeding. He did not think I was ready to start cycling the implant on my own, and I thoroughly agreed. My concern is that if I got frustrated I would loose hope the implant would work. He has me scheduled to come back in three weeks. His expectation is that I will be much more comfortable with the implant at that time, and that in the long run the implant will prove to be a success.

Once I returned home, I iced the overall area, and am feeling much better now. While deflated, the penis still feels a bit "full". I am going to discontinue any further use of the hydrocodone as I don't think it is needed. I am wearing my boxer shorts once again, but he recommended I keep some support over the surgical area, so I am using a pair of briefs on top of those for now.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the helpful advice!

Jasonsa

Postby Jasonsa » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:47 pm

I'm day 12 post op. Definitely still in pain due to peyronies and being left inflated as well. Hurts most in perineum (pressure intense) making it so difficult to sit for any period of time. Also hurts more when moving around - ugh. Going in for my next dr visit next monday (really hoping he deflates me). Flying on Thursday 12/4 and the thought of sitting erect (no pun intended;) in those tiny seats seems excruciating, if not impossible.
56 years old. Botched Titan implant 21cm 11/13/19. San Antonio by Dr. Sammy Vick. ED 14 years/Peyronies. Revision by Laurence Levine Chicago January 2021.

steven1

Postby steven1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:30 pm

I’m considering implant ,I still have to go to work after the surgery and my job is very phsysical how do you handle it should I take the time off of work?

Return to “Implants”