AMS vs Titan Size

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
St1pan2019

AMS vs Titan Size

Postby St1pan2019 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:39 pm

Just curious on the whole ams LGX vs Titan implant erect size. If the ams cylinders can expand upto 20% more than why don’t more people gravitate to this LGX model? If everything else is the same in terms of you went to the best surgeon and he sized you correctly wether it was the LGX or Titan but in the end the LGX gives you another inch in length why isn’t that the preferred model? Is it because girth is potentially better with Titan even though LGX expands girth wise also? Is it the longer flaccid of the Titan people want? Although again from what I read even with the Ams the flaccid is longer than what you had before. I understand those with really above average penises who need the rigidity or those with curvature who need the extra strength to straighten, the Titan is the way to go. But what about everyone else?

If you went to one of the best and he measured you at 21 cm when fully pumped and if we do the 1/3 rule to 2/3 rule then you would have 14 cm in the useable part of the shaft of the penis. Then with the AMS you could expect another 2.8cm potentially (20%) in expansion to top you up to 23.8cm when fully pumped 1-2 years later post cycling and also some enhanced girth.

Same scenario with the Titan and 1-2 years later post cycling you would still technically have 21 cm.

Other than larger diameter cylinders right out of the box with the Titan why wouldn’t people ask for the LGX if they were concerned about losing length especially those that have already lost due to atrophy or other complications. Just curious about people who have gone through this and what their reasoning was and do they get back their size, did they get more or less etc.

Don’t give me the size isn’t everything speech either, I get that lol! Your comments and experiences are greatly appreciated to us guys about to start these new journeys!
40 yrs old, ED from Scleroderma since 2010, married since 2004, was using VED/rings for sex as injections/pills didn't work, Also on Testosterone injection therapy
Implanted 1/9/2020
Dr. Eid, Titan Touch 20+1cm rte
Reside in Ontario, Canada

newbie443

Re: AMS vs Titan Size

Postby newbie443 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:29 pm

I am not a doctor and this is just my understanding and my rememberer is not the best.

First neither will enhance the size you were born with. What we are talking about is reducing or eliminating size loss due to surgery. So the LGX will not expand if you do not have any size loss that can be regained by cycling. So just because it can does not mean it will.

I have been told that AMS holds 75% of the market. But that being said the Titan does provide more girth than even the LGX. So for a man with large girth the Titan would be a good choice to minimize or eliminate girth size loss over the LGX. And as you said the Titan is available in longer sizes for those who need them. And even tough AMS has a thicker wall CX in some cases the even thicker walls of the Coloplast are really needed for some men.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:52 pm

St1pan2019 wrote:Just curious on the whole ams LGX vs Titan implant erect size. If the ams cylinders can expand upto 20% more than why don’t more people gravitate to this LGX model? If everything else is the same in terms of you went to the best surgeon and he sized you correctly wether it was the LGX or Titan but in the end the LGX gives you another inch in length why isn’t that the preferred model? (edited for focus)

I think the "LGX lengthening" is a misnomer. Examine their catch phrase, "Soft for the locker room, hard for the bedroom."

The length-expanding feature of the AMS LGX can be looked at as a feature that allows a man's flaccid penis to be shorter (more convenient to stow and less prominent in the locker room) than his erect penis, or even an uninflated prosthetic that did not shrink (around) 20% when uninflated.

The imagery of, "Our prosthetic shrinks your penis for convenience and decorum when not erect." is not as compelling as the equally accurate, "Our prosthetic lengthens your penis when erect."
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:42 pm

Ok...so, bottom line, neither can enhance or take away what you had??? This is great!
You just have to choose accordingly, correct?
If you are big in both departments, yes, I am worried, than I should go with the Titan to minimize loss of length and girth? This cycling thing to get things back will test my patience, lol.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Return to “Implants”