Pumping Questions AMS

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Wornoutdon

Pumping Questions AMS

Postby Wornoutdon » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:17 pm

Trying hard (pun intended) to make this work. Not a lot of room in my nutsack and having difficulty holding above the block with one pair of fingers while the other pair pumps. Sometimes while pumping I will accidentally cover the release button and then nothing works. Eventually I can release the fluid to start over. Then I try and get no valve pop and the pump won't squeeze? Somehow I try again and it works and I pump as much as it will let me but don't get as hard as other times. Overall, the biggest issue seems to be steadying the pump to inflate.
AMS700 21 X 12 implant 10/3/19 @Penn Urology by Dr Kovell
Last "natural" erection 2009. Disappointed in results.

Quester

Re: Pumping Questions AMS

Postby Quester » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:18 pm

I didn’t notice if you mentioned it but how long have you been cycling?

My sack has always been fairly tight as well. And had some issues at first. At first I’d take a hot bath or shower, find the tubes from the pump and follow them down to the block and just stabilize it kind of just pressing it down into my sack. Press a couple of times on bulb as hard as I could if my dick was going up then usually the valve would “pop” and get easier to pump. If not I’d press the deflate button then try again.

As you cycle you get to know how to hold everything and it for lack of a better term “breaks in” like a pair of stiff shoes
ED 20 years, Peyroine's Disease diagnosed in 2018, at 57 years I was implanted September 3rd 2019 at the Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, AMS700 CX 21cm + 2cm RTE

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:07 pm

Wornoutdon wrote:Trying hard (pun intended) to make this work. Not a lot of room in my nutsack and having difficulty holding above the block with one pair of fingers while the other pair pumps. Sometimes while pumping I will accidentally cover the release button and then nothing works. Eventually I can release the fluid to start over. Then I try and get no valve pop and the pump won't squeeze? Somehow I try again and it works and I pump as much as it will let me but don't get as hard as other times. Overall, the biggest issue seems to be steadying the pump to inflate.

Yup, we need more details. It seems like my early days, so hang on there:
- How far ago have you had your surgery?
- Do you still have swelling? unhealed sutures?
- Did you try sitting in a bath-tub with warm water to relax your ball-sack?

Frederickdave

Postby Frederickdave » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:28 pm

I've been cycling my AMS for about a month now. Still really frustrating sometimes. Got to make sure to hold penis up so there is no resistance. Still takes 3 or mor trys before the valve pops. Gets easier each time, either I'm more experienced, or the valve is breaking in. Doing it almost exclusively in a hot bath. Lets me feel the tubing, block, and bulb easier. I try and pull down on the pump to keep it low in the scrotum everytime also. Doc said they tend to creep up otherwise. Sometimes it gets tangled with the veins feeding my left nut. Squish a vein and it swells for about 3 days. It a learning process for sure.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:11 am

Hi. Not sure if this will help, but I find it easiest to hold one hand as shown in the photo, with fingers pushing down on the tubing going from cylinders into my sac. I had Lupron injections for Prostate Cancer last fall and my balls shrunk down very small so my scrotum got tight. Slowly everything is growing, but even when it was all very tight doing this worked for me. In order to hold my phone to take the picture I could not pump with the other hand, but it works great. It works well because it keeps your fingers away from the release.
Attachments
5196A272-BBFF-4C77-98DB-F6290D3FAFE0.jpeg
5196A272-BBFF-4C77-98DB-F6290D3FAFE0.jpeg (20.36 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Jerryf

Postby Jerryf » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:30 am

The two hand method works best. The valve sticking is very common. If it’s a problem squeeze the block from the two ends. This will help loosen the valve and let it pop over. If you hold the block with one hand and squeeze the bulb with the other. I find this works for me. Everyone finds there own method. Good luck with it.
Turning 60 August of 2017. July 18 of 2017 implanted with ams 700. Have had ED for over 15 years. Diabetic for 20 years. Had five heart bypassed done in 2013. Married 37 years.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:28 pm

Wornoutdon wrote:Overall, the biggest issue seems to be steadying the pump to inflate.

I used two hands for months. Steady the pump with one hand, fingers reaching over my penis to steady EVERYTHING and the other hand squeezing the pump bulb.

Eventually I developed a grip configuration where I could pump up with one hand. You will, too.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”