Peyronies

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Magicmike

Peyronies

Postby Magicmike » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:07 am

Guys I have peyronies. 60 degree upward curve. Can an implant get me straight are will the doctor have to cut out the scar tissue to make it straight.

Quester

Re: Peyronies

Postby Quester » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:40 am

My understanding is yes an implant can straighten it out, it does take time.

As for the scaring my guess is it depends on how much and how bad. My curve wasn't that bad and it was to the right.

In the notes of my surgery they mentioned that the surgeon lightly excised the plaque, what that means in future I'm not sure but at least I can have sex again, without pills, injections, and the pain and ache the plaque gave me.

He did mention that with aggressive cycling I'll love the look of my cock, and there may be some curving but not enough to be concerned.

So the best thing is to ask your doctor about what to expect.
ED 20 years, Peyroine's Disease diagnosed in 2018, at 57 years I was implanted September 3rd 2019 at the Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, AMS700 CX 21cm + 2cm RTE

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:29 pm

I had the onset of Peyronies and a very noticeable curve prior to my implant surgery. The morning after surgery my surgeon said he “scraped out the plaque.” I still had a curve after surgery, but after about a year it was gone. I have an AMS700LGX. A Titan is firmer so they are often used for men with more dramatic curves in hopes of straightening it out better.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:41 pm

At my worst my curve was about 65 degrees. Traction and ved got it to about 30 to 35.

After titan implant I had a very slight curve less than my natural one. 9 months out, I am straight and .5 inches longer than my stretch measurement.

No scratching or excision, just a titan put in. Took care of curve. I cannot even find the plaque anymore

My doc told me it would take care of curve. He was right..
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Andy1955

Postby Andy1955 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:32 am

One more vote for the AMS! Like you I had Peyronies with an upward 90 degree curve. My Dr found three plaque area at the base of my penis. I had all the concerns most men have about loosing size the curve still being noticeable and in my case I had no erection.

I “visited” several surgeons before I decided which one I wanted. Finally the Dr that took time and made me feel comfortable was who I used. He was great! But has since retired. I hated to loose him. Visit Drs until you know; and you will when you talk to the right one. He also told me the stretch test really didn’t prove to be accurate as he would measure once in surgery. As I understand it, the Dr uses an instrument to measure from the inside so it is accurate with your anatomy. Like you I was concerned over size and the look afterward. He told me to expect up to a year to overcome the Peyronies and get to the size I would be.

Fast forward 18 months...there is no evidence I had Peyronies as the curve is gone. I can have sex when I want without concern over loosing the erection. My dick is about the size it was prior to the Peyronies, but probably not as it was when I was a16;year old. Just keep in mind that as we age ALOT of things change. I cycled religiously on a daily basis once cleared and did that for the best part of a year. Had problems with the pump early and called AMS which was a great help. Learn how to use the pump as it really will take a little time to get comfortable with it. Time and patience is important. I don’t regret getting the implant. I also told the Dr I wanted him to me the selection as if he were being implanted and he smiled and told me he did that with each patient.

As questions it’s your dick, take time selections your Dr and DO what he tells you afterward. Good luck!
Inplanted May 24, 2018. AMS 700 CX, MS Pump. 21cm x 12mm. Peyronies and ED. Pills stopped working and extreme curvature

Quester

Postby Quester » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:41 am

I too had Peyronie’s I jumped right on the internet to learn and do all I could.

I was stunned when the doctor asked me if I had considered an implant. But took the non-surgical route at first. Using pentoxifylline, using. VED,Injections for my ED, some traction.

My Peyronie’s went into the stable phase and being lucky was able to get a implant about a year after being told I had Peyronie’s. The surgeon who implanted me has a low infection rate, does a lot of implants and most importantly I like him not sure why maybe because he answered my questions almost faster than I could think of them.

He favors the AMS brand not sure exactly why but he does do both any way the day of surgery he said the next phase the cycling I’m going to dislike. Then told me if I’m aggressive in my cycling “In 12 to 18 months I’ll love the look and function of my cock”

Being patient is key and following your doctors instructions. But you have to be an advocate for yourself as well
ED 20 years, Peyroine's Disease diagnosed in 2018, at 57 years I was implanted September 3rd 2019 at the Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, AMS700 CX 21cm + 2cm RTE

TallMark

Postby TallMark » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:51 am

In January 2017, I was diagnosed with Peyronies Disease with a 90 degree curve to the left and no ED pills or injections would get me erect. This diagnosis was from a urologist who placed a foley catheter into me during surgery on my right leg. He didn’t offer any advice when speaking to me after surgery. I thought my Peyronies and ED were permanent since no drugs were effective...I would just have to live with it, and never discussed my problem further with anyone. I saw a highly recommended urologist for an elevated PSA in April of this year, and mentioned my curve and ED. He took the time to examine me, and reassure me my problems could be easily corrected by surgery. He referred me to Dr Kadee Thompson at Sutter Urology Sacramento, who recommended the AMS 700CX along with penile modeling to be conducted as the implant was placed. I am four weeks post surgery (conducted 10/18/2019) and just began cycling the implant which is quite painful, but necessary for proper healing. My curvature is now about 30 degrees to the left, but Dr Thompson has assured me this will lesson as I heal which may take anywhere from six months to one year. The most difficult part of the implant is operating the bulb, but I realize my sack is still very sensitive and a bit swollen. I’ve tried every method of inflating the bulb, including using a warm washcloth for grip, but until the swelling and pain completely subside I think it will be a challenge. Dr Thompson has a well deserved reputation as being one of the best urological surgeons in California, and my only regret is that I did not get help when I began having problems almost three years ago.

Return to “Implants”