Question about pumping

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:34 pm

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wanttokno

Re: Question about pumping

Postby wanttokno » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:03 pm

Hey One,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think you may have gotten all that your gonna get. Having run into the same circumstances:

"... but not anymore. The only pumps possible are the ones with the sound that doesn't appear to carry liquid into the implant."

After reaching the point your now at I reached out to my Doc and was informed that he chose to not fully fill my reservoir. He claimed it was because I was very thin, (155 lbs at the time of surgery), but I went from a six inch average girth to just reaching 5 now, I had varied from 5.25 just behind the head to 6.75 by the time it tapered to the base. Don't get me wrong the implant is a blessing in every way, I'm just pissed at my surgeon for making that kind of decision without mentioning the possibility of that specific course of action while consulting with me prior to going under the knife.
As for getting a revision the VA doesn't consider my issue significant enough to warrant a redo, the head of the Urology dept I have to go through has a bit of an issue with me for some unknown reason and has told me that I was bigger than average and able to stay erect so I should learn to live with it and maybe when it's time for a revision implanting a Coloplast could help to somewhat resolve the issue. As for my surgeon, he was contract help at the VA Hospital and has moved on to Chapel Hill, NC.
Again, I hope I'm wrong but what your going through sounds very familiar.
Last edited by wanttokno on Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
57 years old. Implanted 04/23/14 with an
LGX 18cm +3.
Current size 7.6-7.7 inch length, 5 inch girth
65 ml reservoir filled with 45 ml
Revision 11/14/22
Titan 22 cm + 1
Current size 7.5 in l x 5.5 g

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:17 pm

oneperson wrote:Thanks,

I have pressed the valve with all strengh I have and I haven't been able to solve it. I have called the consultance this morning. They have told me that probably is a jam. Wait, you will be called back in some minutes- she said. After a while, a representant of Coloplast has called me telling me the same: is likely to be a jam, don't worry. So, your pump is hard and you cannot press it, isn't it?
No- I answered-. Is soft, I can press it easyly, but a sound like a whistle sounds and no liquid enters the cylinders.
Oh, weird, that not seem to be a jam then. Doctor has to see you to diagnose the problem, but don't panic, every problem has a solution.
My dr is in a convention till Saturday night. I have been appointed on Monday at first hour in the morning.

I am very scared.

Please do not be scared. You are making forward progress! Be encouraged and happy.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

oneperson

Postby oneperson » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:10 pm

wanttokno wrote:Hey One,
he chose to not fully fill my reservoir.

Thanks for your information and sincerety. But I don't think it is the case. First, I know that my reservoir is fulled with 75 cc. The doctor and the report he gave me about the surgery details the technical aspects of the implant and it tells that: reservoir with 75 cc, which I think is enough to full a 12 cm long and 14 cm girth pennis (now I am 9,8 - 12). But despite the fact that there be margin to grow or not, if not, it won't be because lack of fluid. When I tell I cannot press the pump to carry more fluid to cylinders, is not because there is no more liquid and the press goes to vacuum: is because the pump is full of lyquid ready to go to cylinders, and I am not enough strengh to press harder. And it is good, because if I could, it would hurt me.

If as other people say, with time, the cylinders soften and the tissues expand, maybe there is more room to fluid, and then I will be able to press a little more and gain 1 cm both lengh and girth. Almost everybody here agrees with that and they talk from their expercience.

Now, it is true: if there is not enough lyquid in the reservoir, there is no way to expand.
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:51 pm

As I understand it, normally, the surgeon fills the implant to 100% erection while the patient is on the operating table. That amount of saline is the minimum that is left in the entire device (reservoir, tubing and implant). A little extra is advisable (for tissue stretching/expansion over time), but anything more than that would be gratuitous (and therefore useless, taking up space in a man's body, potentially causing a bulge if the guy loses weight, etc).

Am I wrong in this understanding?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

oneperson

Postby oneperson » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:55 am

I went to the doctor today. Next 29th I will enter the surgery again. He has to open to diagnose the problem.

:-(
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

LeftCoaster

Postby LeftCoaster » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:38 am

Good luck hombre. We're thinking of you and wishing you the best bionic brother. I'm sure this will work out just requiring a little bit more time.

Sam
61; ED caused by VL; Coloplast Titan 22cm Implant August 27, 2019 by Dr Karpman at El Camino Hospital, Los Gatos, CA

Return to “Implants”