News from the Doctor

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
oneperson

News from the Doctor

Postby oneperson » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:26 pm

Hi,

Today finnaly went to the doctor to tell about all the problems I have recently talked about in the forum: the unaffordable pain having sex, the very up testicle and the small size of my pennis.

Dr has examined and has told that there is still much swelling. He has prescribed another week of ibuprofen, 400 mg a day. And has teach me an exercise to push the right testicle to its correct position. He has guarantee that with time, it will go to its place and won't interfere with my sex.

My problem is the liver transplantation and the medication I take to avoid rejection. Inmunosuppresors depress the inmune system, and the inmune system is the responsible of deal with swelling and reconstruction of tissues. So as long as I am depressed, I need much more time to heal. So his advice: be patient, go with exercises, don't rush and everything will end happily. Pump once or twice a day during 15 - 20 minutes till it aches but not too much. Do the push the boy exercise several times a day (as much as I can), try some lubricant if I want to make sex (and if it doesn't work, not make it), and wait. Size will return with time, and sex too.

I am much more calmed now.
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

tomas1

Re: News from the Doctor

Postby tomas1 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:13 pm

Wow, you're the first guy I've heard of here who had an organ transplant.
Maybe that introduces some of the problems that you have experienced.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:23 pm

I'm fairly certain that there is a newer member, recently implanted that has had a transplant. I think kidney & pancreas.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

WhiteCane

Postby WhiteCane » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:56 pm

^^ guilty! after feeling like crap all of the time on dialysis and having felt the effect of 20 years of type one diabetes, the implant and both of my transplants are worth any amount of work for… i’ve been doing crazy things to keep from getting infected… I think it’s all going to be worth it though! soaking the showerhead and bleach 20 minutes before every shower, drinking 3 1/2 L of water a day, taking all of my antirejection medications right on time… Normal stuff to make sure you’re not getting infected and not rejecting at all… I told my doctor that even above size, my transplants were number one in the surgery… That’s the whole reason he went with the AMS instead of the Titan... much less infection… It’s no game with the transplants… healing with anything sucks to some degree… This one, I’m staying extremely fortunate… My white blood cell levels are perfect… No signs of infection at all, actually! Just keeping with the program and staying on top of every little thing I need to for my third chance at life! Best of luck, brother!
Implanted October 2019 Dr. Kramer lgx 18 cm +2 rear tips. Preop at 6.75 post op 5.25... awaiting revision… Implanted for possibility of having our first child.

oneperson

Postby oneperson » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:44 am

tomas1 wrote:Wow, you're the first guy I've heard of here who had an organ transplant.
Maybe that introduces some of the problems that you have experienced.

My liver transplant was 23 years ago, when I was 28. Despite the inmunosupression, I haven't had any infection in my life, just some tendency to flues and colds. One of my fears with implant was that: the high probability of infections which could ruin the implant. My dr said that now, the chances of infection are low because the anthibiotic treatments that implants receive, but he was very careful and gave me anthibiotics before, during and post surgery, and gave me estrict and precise instructions for wound care. That way, I have been away from infections.

The transplant medication, however, has influenced in several ways. First, while impossible to prove, it is the main suspicious to be the responsible of my ED. Second, it has raised my lipids in blood. Third, it appears to be the responsible of my slow recovery from implant.

But it is too the responsible of keeping me alive. And that is much.
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

WhiteCane

Postby WhiteCane » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:31 am

A couple of years ago, a semi rigid, or in the case of a good surgeon a two-piece implant would have been our only options! I had my Transplant Team, infectious disease, Dr. Kramer, and myself come up with a good plan of action… I’m on a different antibiotic then would normally be prescribed and I’m doing bloodwork twice a week just like after transplant… i’m two weeks out today and feeling amazing! The ointment and the oral antibiotic seem to be kicking any kind of infections out… When you have any kind of issues with your body, your bodies first instinct is to shut down reproduction first… A lot of times with transplanted people, even after they get the transplants, the damage is done… It sucks but it’s reality… Gentleman like us get it fixed and are able to MoveOn! I wish you nothing but the best in all of this… I’m always around for support in the sense of transplant, implant, or anything else… Be well!
Implanted October 2019 Dr. Kramer lgx 18 cm +2 rear tips. Preop at 6.75 post op 5.25... awaiting revision… Implanted for possibility of having our first child.

oneperson

Postby oneperson » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:56 am

Yes Whitecane. That was exactly what my physiciand told me the first time I had problems with ED, at 26, two years before my trasplant. He said exactly that: when the body fights agains any illness, the first things that stops in order to save energies are all functions not needed for survival. And, between all body functions, the perfect candidate without anything to do with survival is sex, so is the very first function affected or stopped.

And, true, regarding your total recovering after the illness is cured, the damage done to organism is done, and many times is irreversible.

I have 23 years of experience with transplant. And though this forum is not for that, of course I will help anybody here that have to deal with something like that.

In implants, I have not much experiencie by the moment. I am just a totally unexperienced baby now. :D

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:09 am

I think it would be helpful to start a thread about implants after organ transplantation or immuno-suppression experiences. It seems to present more challenges than a simple implant.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Implants”