Can a pump failure avoid a full revision?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
benefitter

Can a pump failure avoid a full revision?

Postby benefitter » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:30 pm

Is it possible to use implant again for 10 ~ 20 years if only pump is replaced ?
young 20s male, but i think my only option is implant
not good at english

TANGERINE

Re: Can a pump failure avoid a full revision?

Postby TANGERINE » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:43 am

most surgeons prefer to replace the whole thing since that would optimize the chance that you will indeed get a full ten more years out of the newly installed device.

Also, there is a chance that you might get longer cylinder on the revision (only happens if you were a little undersized the first time of if you somehow grew after the first implant)

I sense that you have some concern about facing a full revision , and I notice that you are not yet implanted. In my opinion, you should only get the implant if pills/injections are not working properly for you. There is no going back once you have an implant, and yes, you should count on a revision roughly every ten years. Penile implant surgery is not for the faint of heart; you have to really really want to restore your ability to have sex. Thus, the possibility of revisions should not be a big deterrent since, in my mind, the "down side of repeated every decade surgery is quite minor compared to the upside of ten years of having glorious sex ."

For me, the price (in terms of cost, downtime, pain) of having revisions is totally worth the prize of excellent sex. Before you opt to get the implant, your mind should be in a mode where you will "do nearly anything" to be able to restore your ability to have sex. If you are not in that mindset, then you might not yet be ready to go for the implant.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:13 am

I think there is a time element for this. If the pump or tubing fails in a short period of time then they can be replaced/repaired with out a full revision. But at some point in time then a full revision will be done. This would be a good question to ask your doctor as to what time limit he/she uses for tubing/pump failure.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:52 am

ANYTHING that has more than one moving part will *eventually* need to be replaced because of wear and tear, no rocket science here. The time given is approximate. You may get more, you may get less, but do you really just want to replace one component because the rest feels OK? Also, if you replace the pump, there is the idea of....hold on...they are already in your body, why not do everything? You are going to pick and chose and run the risk of more surgeries?
I have an infection, I am one of the lucky 3% to get an infection, oh joy, and I am pissed because I have to have another surgery, even more down time in life!
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Return to “Implants”