Titan Pump Trouble -- seeking advice!!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TitanGuy

Titan Pump Trouble -- seeking advice!!

Postby TitanGuy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've posted before on here though it's been a while because everything was going great. I'm about 2 years post-implant. HOWEVER, this weekend while inflating the pump on my Titan suddenly squished in and didn't fill back up. It happened while my implant was probably 3/4 full.

The same happens now every time I inflate. It gets 3/4 full and then the pump just stays squished. The only to get the pump to fill again is to press the deflate button, and then the same thing over and over.

I'm terrified this is the first step in a fully failed pump. I left a message for Dr. Eid's office but have not heard back yet. I'd obviously be devastated to have a pump failure less than 2 years in.

Thanks very much,

TG
46 years old. Divorced. Father. Athlete. Implanted 2017 by Dr Eid. Coloplast Titan 22cm. Venous Leak that grew worse over time. Got tired of pills. Full revision 2019 after tubing crack. Coloplast Titan 24cm, touch pump, 125cc reservoir

505AbqNM

Re: Titan Pump Trouble -- seeking advice!!

Postby 505AbqNM » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:43 pm

Well, at least you had two years worth of use! My Titan pump appears to have failed after only five months. It does not inflate at all and I can feel what I identify as a cracked edge at the end of the pump. I have a revision (probably just a new pump) scheduled with Dr Kramer in a week.
This is the standard Titan pump, not the One Touch pump.
So incredibly disappointing.
I have been extremely pleased with the sizing by Dr Kramer. It was perfect!

Now I am think maybe I shouldn't use full squeezes but rather more, smaller squeezes.
I will ask the Dr for his opinion.
Married, age:67, work fulltime, Type2 diabetic, worsening ED since 2012, all meds ineffective by 2019. Bionic on May 1, 2019 by Dr Andrew Kramer. Titan XL, standard pump, 24cm + 1RTE, best TriMix sizes realized, G~6", L~7.5”, pump revision Nov 2019

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:45 pm

Titanguy. No first hand knowledge. I'm guessing that the pump might be working correctly. The non responsive pump after working for a few pumps seems more like it has ran out of fluid. In other words, your reservoir isn't full. That would lead me to think that you might have a very small leak somewhere in the system. It can't be very large because I'm inclined to think that most of the fluid makes it back to the reservoir upon deflating each time. Should be an easy fix. Likely under warranty. Repair might be within the skills of a doctor closer to your home than Eid might be. Shouldn't be a full replacement if my idea is correct.
Best of luck to you. Keep the forum up to date if you care to share your experience.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

TitanGuy

Postby TitanGuy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:57 pm

Thank you, GT. That's what my suspicion is too. My fear is that they won't know the cause of the lead or whatever else until they go in via surgery. I hate the idea of a new reservoir tucked back up inside me but we'll see what happens. And fingers crossed the leak is VERY slow and keeps working in the interim. Much appreciated.
46 years old. Divorced. Father. Athlete. Implanted 2017 by Dr Eid. Coloplast Titan 22cm. Venous Leak that grew worse over time. Got tired of pills. Full revision 2019 after tubing crack. Coloplast Titan 24cm, touch pump, 125cc reservoir

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:27 pm

TitanGuy wrote:Thank you, GT. That's what my suspicion is too. My fear is that they won't know the cause of the lead or whatever else until they go in via surgery. I hate the idea of a new reservoir tucked back up inside me but we'll see what happens. And fingers crossed the leak is VERY slow and keeps working in the interim. Much appreciated.

Not to say the picture is all roses. I think in most implants the splices end up in the sack. Not a totally great place but very practical place. The sack gets pushed & pulled in every direction during the day. As always, just an opinion. Simple incision, not likely to have a lot of poking around so the area shouldn't get all mad at you. Recovery should be quick. I don't think it would require a top notch world class sugeon to replace it. But at least a compentent surgeon. I don't know where you live & getting it replaced at a low cost might require Dr. Eid to do it. But I think that you have some options available.
For what little it is worth. The reservoir is such a simple device that doesn't get a lot of movement. I really doubt that you need to worry about it getting removed.
Again, your experience with a revision would be a good data point for the forum. Good luck.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Weazer

Postby Weazer » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:02 pm

I'm jnn the same boat. Last week I was inflating and on the second or third squeeze it went flat. I have only had my implant 10 months and have been really happy. I hope it is just the pump and will be an easy fix because this comes at a bad time for me. I just started a new job and won't be eligiable for insurance for another month.
57, not married, Peyronies Disease in 2014, plication surgery 2016, failed, grafted in 2016, implant Dec. 27 2018. Titan 20cm +1RTE

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:52 pm

I haven't read all that much about pump failures so early in Titans. That there are now 3 on this forum in such a short period of time strikes me as a bit odd. Have coloplast recently changed their pump design?

I have no lack of thought for you lads going through this, I just have nothing to say to help, and these are my immediate thoughts.
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Magicmike

Postby Magicmike » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:20 pm

Titan guy I sent u a PM

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:30 am

LeRoastBeef wrote:I haven't read all that much about pump failures so early in Titans. That there are now 3 on this forum in such a short period of time strikes me as a bit odd. Have coloplast recently changed their pump design?

I have no lack of thought for you lads going through this, I just have nothing to say to help, and these are my immediate thoughts.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. There are so many titan pump failures in this forum over the years. I have titan so I am also worried about this. Titan pump is notoriously unreliable.

I also press the pump with small squeezes, hoping that it will be less stressed
Titan 24cm . December 2015

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:56 am

I have had my Titan touch for almost a year and a half, pump it up at least once daily and have had no problems at all.
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Return to “Implants”