Titan Pump Trouble -- seeking advice!!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lester33

Re: Titan Pump Trouble -- seeking advice!!

Postby Lester33 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:30 am

Happy Toy and I were done about the same time and I haven’t had problem one either. Recently saw my surgeon and told him I was doing my best to wear it out, we both had a good laugh. Still 100% glad about having it done.
IPP on 6/22/2018 by Dr. Perito, Miami, FL.
22cm Coloplast Titan, 2 RTE
Testosterone therapy
Cancer free seven years, married fifty years, wonderful sex life

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:43 pm

Darnit!

Sorry to hear that in such a short time there is a pump failure. Ive had mine over 5 years and haven't had any problems.

Even more, I hope Eid will fix the problem pronto.

Best of luck to you all and hope mine won't fail me......

Mike
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:15 pm

Basically the pump is the only moving part in an implant. Failures shouldn't be a surprise. Just how many would be the issue.
Same with a leak. Most pumps (if not all) are near a splice. Likely the only splice. So a pump that only works for a partial erection or doesn't pump at all probably is the result of a splice leak in my layman's opinion. So are these failures the fault of the pump or a splice malfunction?
Again, just an opinion. I bet that you would have a hard time getting a surgeon to tell you that his splice didn't work correctly.
A comparison might be to my hydralic jack that quits working. Is the Jack broken or do I just need to add some jack oil to it? Hint....I keep a bottle of jack oil in my workroom. Fixes it every time.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:40 pm

Do all titans have splices? My ams system came all connected. No splices.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:11 pm

Seems I am misinformed. That's a shame, the titan really seems to shine in other respects.

I wonder how OP is doing today?
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

TitanGuy

Postby TitanGuy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:34 pm

Hi Everyone,

Figured I should give an update. I went in to see Dr. Eid and the moment I told him about the pump staying squished he said he didn't even need to look at my implant, that the Titan did indeed have a leak and would have to be fixed/replaced. Unfortunately it sounds like the pump on the Titan is much less reliable than the AMS. It's crazy, it's not even two years old.

What I know worry about is that I do a lot of sports and wonder if somehow all my activity could have caused the leak somehow, whether biking, push ups, burpees, etc. Revision scheduled for next month (where I have to pay a huge deductible). These things should have guarantees. Very frustrating.
46 years old. Divorced. Father. Athlete. Implanted 2017 by Dr Eid. Coloplast Titan 22cm. Venous Leak that grew worse over time. Got tired of pills. Full revision 2019 after tubing crack. Coloplast Titan 24cm, touch pump, 125cc reservoir

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:11 pm

TitanGuy wrote:Hi Everyone,

Figured I should give an update. I went in to see Dr. Eid and the moment I told him about the pump staying squished he said he didn't even need to look at my implant, that the Titan did indeed have a leak and would have to be fixed/replaced. Unfortunately it sounds like the pump on the Titan is much less reliable than the AMS. It's crazy, it's not even two years old.

What I know worry about is that I do a lot of sports and wonder if somehow all my activity could have caused the leak somehow, whether biking, push ups, burpees, etc. Revision scheduled for next month (where I have to pay a huge deductible). These things should have guarantees. Very frustrating.

Not to sound all upbeat on you. But it is nice that you got such a quick answer for your problem. Reduces the stress of worrying what could be wrong. Your posting of the diagnosis should help others that may have the same symptoms, thanks.
Hopefully you can get a little use out of it before you lose too much fluid. Might make the time go easier until your surgery. Best of luck.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Skier123

Postby Skier123 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:49 pm

Weazer wrote:I'm jnn the same boat. Last week I was inflating and on the second or third squeeze it went flat. I have only had my implant 10 months and have been really happy. I hope it is just the pump and will be an easy fix because this comes at a bad time for me. I just started a new job and won't be eligiable for insurance for another month.

Weazer - which model pump do you have - Genesis or One Touch?

thanks,
54 yr old single guy
Severe ED for over10 years; diagnosed with peyrones and venous leak
Implanted 12/23/19, Dr. Laurence Levine
Coloplast Titan w/ Genesis pump

Skier123

Postby Skier123 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:50 pm

TitanGuy - which model pump do you have? Genesis or One Touch?

Thanks,
54 yr old single guy
Severe ED for over10 years; diagnosed with peyrones and venous leak
Implanted 12/23/19, Dr. Laurence Levine
Coloplast Titan w/ Genesis pump

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:26 pm

What pump fro you have one touch or genesis. My surgery is next month. Going with Titan but Dr wants to use genesis

Return to “Implants”