9 days post op SITREP

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Chiefy

9 days post op SITREP

Postby Chiefy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:59 pm

Thought I'd post as I owe so many here for the reassurances their posts gave me.

Had titan implant 9 days ago, infrapubic. Sent home same day with a drain in and pumped approx 30%, according to doc. Doc removed drain and fully deflated me 4 days later, his usual protocol. Says everything looks perfect.

As of today, I still can't wear underwear. Wearing loose athletic shorts. It's still very stiff and swollen, glans are really sore, but the swelling has noticeably gone down. It's at about the 330 to 4 on a clock dial and I still can't bend it up or down to tolerate underwear. Hopefully this will continue to improve and I can wear some drawers soon. I don't remember where I read it but I plan to use a toilet paper roll when I get enough flexibility to bend it enough to wear clothes. I'm going to start a little icing today.

Sitting is very uncomfortable. I lower myself onto a hip and slowly ease over into a seated position. The boys didn't have much room to start with and the pump feels huge...now that I can actually touch it haha. There seems to be no room. I have to walk a little bow legged, otherwise the boys are getting squeezed each step. I have a canopy bed and put a belt on the top rail to help get in and out of bed for several days. I don't know how I could have done it otherwise, but better now.

Pain. I know this varies a lot and is subjective. For me, it's been pretty bad. I had incision and grafting surgery last March. That sucked, but I took 2 pain pills the 1st day and Tylenol for a couple days. For this one, I took a pain pill 20 minutes ago. Doc gave me 20 percs, and I've taken half of them. I didn't take any days 5 and 6, but it was pretty painful and very difficult getting any sleep. I've had 3 spinal surgeries and I believe you heal faster without them, but you have them for a reason.

One of the things I wasn't prepared for was peeing. The first time I peed, I thought I was gonna scream. The pain was an 8+ easy. I figure it was the combination of the swelling, the slight pump, the tight bandage and the 2 holes through my head. I peed into the shower and thankfully I was holding on when it started. Curled my toes. I dreaded the next few trips for sure! They sucked, but it got easier. I had the spraying everywhere vs stream like many have. Oh and on day 3 my penis farted. haha. That's exactly what it sounded like. I was just finishing peeing and it happened. I believe there was air trapped in the bandage and the swelling had gone down just enough to let it escape....or at least that's what I hope happened. lol. Sure felt better after though.

How guys are already pumping at this point is amazing to me. Very glad my doc waits until my next appoint in 3 weeks.

I have a power recliner that I spend my days in...watching OSU beat Wisconsin ass!

LeftCoaster

Re: 9 days post op SITREP

Postby LeftCoaster » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:55 am

Chiefy, our new Bionic Brother welcome!

Everyone's journey is different, so pain and swelling ymmv from others. I think I was about 20 post surgery when I turned the corner. Up to that point, ice bags on the equipment and warm soaking baths of an hour were the best way I dealt with pain and swelling. Also peeing was a challenge. One trick I found on my own was squeezing a roll of toilet paper helped me pee and get through that period of a few (3 - 4?) days. Maybe it will help you? Good luck! Penis fart?! Dude that's hysterical, sounds like an opening for a stand up comic :lol: Unfortunately can't help you with that one. Anyway another thing I think helped me was being active as the pain allowed. I was back at the gym in a week, even to just walk on the treadmill. Like I said by day 20 everything feels good, and after my post-op appointment with the doc I ratcheded up there exercise. Now at 2 months I'm going full speed at exercises (HiiT, Circuit Weight even days; Elliptical, Pull-ups odd days). Feeling good and anticipating it will get better.

Give it time it gets better.

Good luck!
Sam
61; ED caused by VL; Coloplast Titan 22cm Implant August 27, 2019 by Dr Karpman at El Camino Hospital, Los Gatos, CA

Chiefy

Postby Chiefy » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:33 pm

Thanks Sam, I'm taking it slowly. Going to ice more. Today, it bends a bit but the cylinders seem fuller. I can slightly squeeze them and its like a shuddering sensation and they go down a little. Hard to describe, almost feels like I'm squeezing out air. Both sides are the same, so I'm not concerned and assume this is normal.

Still have pain when I'm up and moving, predominantly in my dick and it swells some, but it's better for sure. no pill today.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:19 pm

I think everyone's recovery in the first few weeks is marked by a heightened awareness of what's been done to your dick and the condition it's in at the time. You (hopefully) never had to experience anything like it before so all the swelling, bruising and discomfort is alien to you and gets magnified often in the mind. Believe me, what you have to look forward to being magnified in your mind is the great sex you are headed for in a short while. All of what we went through initially will evaporate from the mind like it never happened in due time. I always sort of objected to the term "bionic" because that is not truly what we are as there are no electromechanical components to an implant. However, I guess it would apply if you loosely describe any artificial body part as being bionic. We definitely DO become superhuman in the sense of how we can go on longer by far than when we functioned naturally. I personally can't remember anything about the immediate aftermath of being implanted but I can sure recall the immediate results!
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Chiefy

Postby Chiefy » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:36 pm

Copy all...looking forward to it!

Return to “Implants”