One touch model implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
barrosa

One touch model implant

Postby barrosa » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:14 pm

Hey dudes,

I have some doubts.

Are there some implant (AMS or Coloplast) what is inflated only pressing one time the pump?

I read a lot of times "One touch" and the name sounds that its possible to inflate just pressing one time.

And other doubt... is it possible to get morning erections with an implant without pressing the pump?

Thanks!!
32 years old. ED all of my life alleged by venous leak.
Surgery 05 Feb 2020 by Dr Roselló (Spain)
Titan Touch 20 cm + 1,5 cm RTE
Absolutely satisfied

WindWizard

Re: One touch model implant

Postby WindWizard » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:41 pm

barrosa wrote:Hey dudes,

I have some doubts.

Are there some implant (AMS or Coloplast) what is inflated only pressing one time the pump?

I read a lot of times "One touch" and the name sounds that its possible to inflate just pressing one time.

And other doubt... is it possible to get morning erections with an implant without pressing the pump?

Thanks!!

Hey barrosa! Nice to hear from you!

I am recently implanted, (October 8th) but this is a question I can answer for you!

The “One Touch” you see mentioned a lot is not referring to a one touch inflation or a one touch pumping up. The “One Touch” you read about refers to a One Touch Release, or a One Touch Deflation. It means that after you are already inflated, when you go to release the fluid to return to flaccid, you can do it by simply pressing the deflation button firmly once, and then the fluid will be cycled out of the implant, without the need to hold the deflation button. My understanding is with the older pumps you had to hold down the deflation button until all the fluid was out, but with a One Touch Release, you simply press firmly once and the implant will deflate.

Unfortunately, there is no implant model that can inflate with simply one touch or one pump. Regardless of whether you get AMS or Coloplast or anything else, it’s going to take multiple pumps to inflate up to erect. Mine seems to take about 12 to 14 pumps so far.

As to your last question, it is not possible no get morning erections after a penile implant. The body’s natural ability to achieve an erection is gone with an implant, and to achieve an election the implant must be pumped.

I hope that was helpful,

Wind
20 years old. Severe ED for the past 5 years due to scar tissue.
Tried shockwave therapy in Greece, and PRP shot from Dr. Goldstein in San Diego. Both with no results.
Implanted with a AMS LGX 18cm + 2 RTEs, performed by Dr. Edward Karpman - 10/8/2019

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:11 am

Getting up towards 3 years with my Titan and it’s more like 30 pumps
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

oneperson

Postby oneperson » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:21 am

I have the Titan Coloplast One touch since 6 weeks (today) and I need about 25 pump presses to fill at maximum (what I think is maximum because I am not able to press the pump anymore, too hard).

But, regarding one touch, if I press the release button, cylinders begin to empty, but if I don't help pressing the pennis with the other hand, they don't get totally empty, a kind of soft erection remains. To be able to fully empty the cylinders, I have to press the release button several times and help with pressing pennis with the hand until empty completely.
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

regor1965

Postby regor1965 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:25 am

Wondering how long it will be before we have a Bluetooth connection and an app to inflate/deflate :lol:
Male, 54 years old, ED issues since early 30's pills helped for many years, now give me headaches or do not work. Implant surgery 10/4/2019 by Dr. Frank Greskovich Pensacola, Florida.

oneperson

Postby oneperson » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:47 am

Good point hahaha, but there are a kind of obstacles that I think it won't be possible, at least until battery technology evolves very much.

In therory, that is not difficult. Technically is easy in fact. The problem is that bluetooth needs power, and the remote is easy to change the batteries, but the receptor, inside the thing, it is not that easy. I should be the same than a pacemaker for heart. Batteries of a pacemaker last between 6 and 15 years, and the process of change the battery has risks of infection. And our bionic pennis would need much more battery than a pacemaker. So maybe in two years, we would come back to surgery for changing and again, have risk of infection.

But if the soli state technology or whatever else comes to us, maybe in few years we can have batterys that last 40 years. Then, for sure it will be a question of time to have prothesis with remote.
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:20 pm

oneperson wrote:Good point hahaha, but there are a kind of obstacles that I think it won't be possible, at least until battery technology evolves very much.

In therory, that is not difficult. Technically is easy in fact. The problem is that bluetooth needs power, and the remote is easy to change the batteries, but the receptor, inside the thing, it is not that easy. I should be the same than a pacemaker for heart. Batteries of a pacemaker last between 6 and 15 years, and the process of change the battery has risks of infection. And our bionic pennis would need much more battery than a pacemaker. So maybe in two years, we would come back to surgery for changing and again, have risk of infection.

But if the soli state technology or whatever else comes to us, maybe in few years we can have batterys that last 40 years. Then, for sure it will be a question of time to have prothesis with remote.

Transcutaneous battery recharging is possible today.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

zandro

Postby zandro » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:04 pm

Be cautious of the one touch hype, I have the one touch pump and the one touch mechanism simply doesn't work, only way to fully deflate is by holding down the release button
Implanted @ 36 on Oct 8th, '19 - Titan Touch 24cm (XL)
Revision Sept '20 - AMS CX 24cm

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:19 pm

zandro wrote:Be cautious of the one touch hype, I have the one touch pump and the one touch mechanism simply doesn't work, only way to fully deflate is by holding down the release button

Have you contacted the Coloplast Patient Liaison? They are provided free of charge to help users deal with difficulties exactly like yours. Talk you through the process of "unlocking" a jammed valve, they will.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

zandro

Postby zandro » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:16 pm

regor1965 wrote:Wondering how long it will be before we have a Bluetooth connection and an app to inflate/deflate :lol:

I've given this some thought too, in theory it's just a new pump, the problem however is that any medical implant has to be manufactured in a completely sterile fashion, and achieving that with electronics can't be easy, this complication may very well make it impossible (for now)
Implanted @ 36 on Oct 8th, '19 - Titan Touch 24cm (XL)
Revision Sept '20 - AMS CX 24cm

Return to “Implants”