Infra-pubic or scotal ???

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Biker60

Infra-pubic or scotal ???

Postby Biker60 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:57 pm

I had to change my planned Dr. They only submit billing for implants and surgery for that purpose. Since my employer has a exclusion, they wont pay for there standard code for implants. Since the implanting Dr is not sending the codes for the diagnoses of ED or PD. I found two Surgeons who got the implants approved on my peyronies diagnosis. My question has anyone had a infra-pubic procedure done? This Dr, will only use AMS because of the antibiotic impregnated material. This is a concern because with severe PD, coloplast might be the better option. Thanks in Advance

LMCatman

Re: Infra-pubic or scotal ???

Postby LMCatman » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:04 pm

I've had both...the expertise of the surgeon is more important....good luck!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:22 pm

Have you discussed the degree of Peyronie's and how much straightening can be expected from the AMS device?

The AMS CX is said to be slightly superior to the AMS LGX for straightening Peyronie's. Also, there are procedures that can be done prior to surgery or during the implant surgery to help.

Also, your original choices of surgeons administrative offices can resubmit using the PROPER codes. You may have to lean on them a bit, but if your Peyronie's is better treated with Coloplast, worth it.

Scrotal or infrapubic is less of an issue, I think. Different issues involved, but if the surgeon is expert with the procedure, either will produce excellent results.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:52 pm

The infra pubic vs. scrotal topic has been well discussed on this forum. You might try doing a search. It's sure to turn up lots of comments. There's actually 28 pages of them.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Return to “Implants”