Anyone has been regretted after implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
barrosa

Anyone has been regretted after implant?

Postby barrosa » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:10 am

Hi,

Well .. my subject is clear.

Anyone has been regreted after implant? What is the worse thing?

Also, are there people here implanted for 5 - 10 years with only one surgery?

Thank you
32 years old. ED all of my life alleged by venous leak.
Surgery 05 Feb 2020 by Dr Roselló (Spain)
Titan Touch 20 cm + 1,5 cm RTE
Absolutely satisfied

dg_moore

Re: Anyone has been regretted after implant?

Postby dg_moore » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:30 am

I have regrets, but not because of the implant itself. I got my implant in 2008 but have never used it for reasons of health. If I had known what the outcome would be I would not have undergone the surgery or incurred the expense. Mine remains functional after more than 11 years, but since it's unused that probably isn't too surprising. It has rarely been inflated - maybe once every three or four months. Not much point in inflating if you're not going to use it.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:43 am

barrosa wrote:Hi,

Well .. my subject is clear.

Anyone has been regreted after implant? What is the worse thing?

Also, are there people here implanted for 5 - 10 years with only one surgery?

Thank you

No regrets here. Wish I would have done this much earlier. The worst thing for me was not having a very good implant surgeon close to where I live. I have had mine 19 months from my first surgery.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:42 am

Absolutely no regrets when considering what living with the alternative scenario would've been like. I DO have issues with being implanted that I've mostly overcome after a little more than two years with the implant. These revolve around the fact that very little about how my dick feels all the time is not the normal I recall from when I still functioned naturally. I can always feel the cylinders when grasping myself to pee and have to reposition my dick when rolling over onto my stomach in bed to sleep. My flaccid size is 3 times longer than before and I have to place it in a different position depending on which underwear and pants I have on at times. I don't like the fact that the outline of the pump and tubes are very visible at times when I'm lying on my back in bed and sometimes holding down the deflate button is difficult.

I've taken to comparing my plight to the circumstances many wounded warriors face. Almost 11 months ago I had a fusion surgery on nearly half of my spine as a result of a car wreck that wasn't my fault. I have titanium rods and screws in my spine and can no longer bend over enough to put on socks, I have a rope handled tool to accomplish it. I'm certain the wounded warriors missing their legs would gladly trade places with me. I recently read about one such warrior missing his legs who underwent a penis transplant surgery and learned from the story there are a number of warriors missing legs who also sustained massive damage to their penis. I'm certain all of them would trade places with me for the observations I've already mentioned about how I'm experiencing my dick post implant. In light of what they're enduring I'm actually very fortunate. I still walk upright without the aid of a very unnatural looking prosthesis and I can still have sex in a very unimpeded manner. I've much to be thankful for.

I stress at seminars I speak at about being implanted that a large degree of mental preparedness and acceptance should be in place before the implant procedure. The end result is very far from ideal but I say it's the closest you can get to spontanaeity of any available ED treatments. It has an astounding 98% satisfaction rate which very few medical treatments involving surgery have. Developing the mental toughness to accept a new normal from an implant is vastly easier than what I'm struggling with from the spinal fusion. All in all, everything about the implant ends up in the PROS column as opposed to the CONS.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

Minort76

Postby Minort76 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:14 am

I was just implanted just over a month ago. and i have no regrets. Nothing work on my ed so the implant has given me an erection even my wife smile at. i do reget that my deflat button is hard to operate but is does work.
Prostate Cancer Survivor
the pills and shots did not work for my ED
Titan Penile Implant 24 cm 1 rear tip 25 cm
started inflating 10/14/2019
9/10/2019 implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer
you tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYHqZGPfpAw

Quester

Postby Quester » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:06 pm

Because of the guys here, that took time to answer my questions about implants I have had no regrets.

I didn't even really have a WFT moment before or after surgery, I knew kind of what to expect. For me I took Oxycodone only 2 times while still in the hospital, just so I could sleep.

At home I had meloxicam,acetaminophen, over the counter ibuprofen, and ice. I do have a fairly high pain tolerance.
ED 20 years, Peyroine's Disease diagnosed in 2018, at 57 years I was implanted September 3rd 2019 at the Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, AMS700 CX 21cm + 2cm RTE

TheProfessor

Postby TheProfessor » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:49 pm

No regrets here! I haven't used it much due to my wife's lingering menopausal issues, but when I do use it, it's great. Just knowing I have it makes all the difference.
The Professor

RP July 2016
Gleason 3+4=7
Peyronies
AMS Implant March 2019

University Professor of History

andrew1959nj

Postby andrew1959nj » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:03 am

I wish that I had it done, 10 years earlier. My health was much better and the women were much wetter. I have MS and only date women my age.
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:24 am

I wish I had done it at 20. I didn’t have ED, I had PE. Also I have lost 2” since my 20s.

Because of my PE, I was terrified of having sex. Although the thought of having it consumed me.

My wife of 35 years was the one who pushed our relationship in the early days. We got drunk and I lost my virginity by just entering her. I guess that proves women, at least mine, don’t let things like that get to them.

Now with the implant I walk into a room and know I could “do” every woman in there without stopping! However, I will end up dying before having sex with another woman.

Regret having an implant? A resounding NO!
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

oneperson

Postby oneperson » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:40 am

Hey barrosa,

As you know, I am at a point that I could be one good candidate to regret after implant: many days/weeks in huge pain, Physical disconfort 8 weeks ahead surgery (tomorrow). Incapacity of having sex despite 8 weeks after surgery. Fear about the lose of size. In other words, the perfect man to hate the decision and regret the implant.

But, know what? No way. I would do it again one hundred lifes I would live.

My sexual activity was completely ruined, and so my relationship with my wife. At the very edge of divorce from the love of my life. Now I am at an stage in which I don't know if someday I will be able to satisfy her, either because of the pain, or because of the size. But one thing is for sure: if I would not have gone with surgery, I would never be able to have sex in the rest of my life.

Worst thing that can happen is not being able to have sex the rest of my life. That is, the same than before. When you have nothing to lose, you cannot regret any decision.
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

Return to “Implants”