Biopsy Completed

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DaveKell

Biopsy Completed

Postby DaveKell » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:38 pm

I finally followed the advice of a number of you regarding the prostate biopsy. You may recall my PSA tripled in just a few months. Initially I opted to wait 6 months for another blood draw. The last thing I needed while still recovering from a horrible spinal fusion surgery was a new medical concern.

For the most part, the advice I got that the biopsy was only moderately uncomfortable rang true. The first thing I was told was that my prostate was small and no bumps were apparent. The doc did a countdown before each plunge of a needle that really only heightened my awareness of the strange sensations I was having. Basically I’d tell anyone who is wary of the procedure like I was that it’s very tolerable. I followed some great advice to use enough pain and anxiety meds to be loopy when I was being biopsied. I’m glad I had them on hand, however I need to go sleep them off now!

I’ve benefited yet again from the incredible knowledge available at FrankTalk and appreciate everyone’s advice I received.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

tomas1

Re: Biopsy Completed

Postby tomas1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:36 pm

I think it's good that you went ahead with the biopsies.
I did it cold turkey and didn't find it too bad.

Good luck with the results. Did they do a DNA test (covered) as another test?
I don't know why they did it for me. Maybe a new trial or something.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

GoodWood

Re: Biopsy Completed

Postby GoodWood » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:35 pm

I’m glad you did it and thank you for reporting back about the experience. It will make it easier for me, should my turn come. I’ll know other guys got through it just fine.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

Return to “Implants”