Anyone tried the new nitinol Tactra implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RichardTheFrog

Re: Anyone tried the new nitinol Tactra implant?

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:18 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
RichardTheFrog wrote:
I'm still confused as to what makes it go up and down. Isn't nitinol heat activated? So is it the heat generated by the warmth of your hand? Here's a video about nitinol where it says you must heat it to 500 degrees (Celsius?) to program a new shape.

https://youtu.be/JKBM9my5eOA

Different alloy formulations transition at different temperatures. The in vivo model was said to activate at 104 degrees Fahrenheit, heated by an external device (magnetic induction, I think). But the paper I read did not say anything about returning to its alternate shape.

Just guessing, I would imagine the ideal device would be flexible and comparable to an uninflated IPP and then enlarge and stiffen when heated to 104° And then stay that way until cooled to 95° or so. Perhaps with a cold shower

This would not enable a man to control the degree of rigidity, and would still require an external device, not unlike the vacuum pump. But it would relieve the need for pump, tubing, reservoir and the surgery would be simpler

Any idea what this external device would look like?

Air temperature is lower than 95f.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

JH2007

Postby JH2007 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Talk to local surgeon I’d say
Implanted titan 8/29/2018 hated it,
January 9th 2020 Kramer Tactra 26cm

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:53 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:
benefitter wrote:It's been a just few months since that implant was released, so few people have it.
Also, it is not the new type implant previously mentioned before.
Tactra is still semi-rigid.
New type implant(similar to inflatable and made by shape memory alloy) is still under developement

Are you saying it doesn't get as hard as an inflatable does?
I'm still confused as to what makes it go up and down. Isn't nitinol heat activated? So is it the heat generated by the warmth of your hand? Here's a video about nitinol where it says you must heat it to 500 degrees (Celsius?) to program a new shape.

I don't think that video paints a very good picture as to it's use in a penis implant. It only shows it returning to it's programmed state....quickly I must add. No size increase is demonstrated. Who would want an erection that happens that fast? How would your tissue react to such a rapid change.
It seems that people are hooked on the "semi rigid" name. I can only see that you'd be having sex with a partial erection. Plus it would be partially hard all the time.
I fail to see how this is an improvement over an inflatable implant for most guys.
For those that have a dexterity issue. The partner might be able to run the pump. Better yet, the implant companies need to come up with an easier pump to use.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Skier123

Postby Skier123 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:26 pm

Hey Frog - welcome back to the board ... good to hear from you. So ... how's everything working out for you?
54 yr old single guy
Severe ED for over10 years; diagnosed with peyrones and venous leak
Implanted 12/23/19, Dr. Laurence Levine
Coloplast Titan w/ Genesis pump

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:04 pm

Skier123 wrote:Hey Frog - welcome back to the board ... good to hear from you. So ... how's everything working out for you?

I love the implant. Couldn't imagine being without it.

There are the occasional awkward conversations about why I have a plastic pump, which is why I was inquiring about the nitinol implant.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

JH2007

Postby JH2007 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:57 pm

Gt1956 wrote:
RichardTheFrog wrote:
benefitter wrote:It's been a just few months since that implant was released, so few people have it.
Also, it is not the new type implant previously mentioned before.
Tactra is still semi-rigid.
New type implant(similar to inflatable and made by shape memory alloy) is still under developement

Are you saying it doesn't get as hard as an inflatable does?

I don't think that video paints a very good picture as to it's use in a penis implant. It only shows it returning to it's programmed state....quickly I must add. No size increase is demonstrated. Who would want an erection that happens that fast? How would your tissue react to such a rapid change.
It seems that people are hooked on the "semi rigid" name. I can only see that you'd be having sex with a partial erection. Plus it would be partially hard all the time.
I fail to see how this is an improvement over an inflatable implant for most guys.
For those that have a dexterity issue. The partner might be able to run the pump. Better yet, the implant companies need to come up with an easier pump to use.

I mean if you sacrifice so rigidity for not having three balls seems okay in my book. But the more doctors I talk to a lot agree with you but also say they hope to see the IPP replaces with a epp within the next decade
Implanted titan 8/29/2018 hated it,
January 9th 2020 Kramer Tactra 26cm

benefitter

Postby benefitter » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:45 am

RichardTheFrog wrote:
Skier123 wrote:Hey Frog - welcome back to the board ... good to hear from you. So ... how's everything working out for you?

I love the implant. Couldn't imagine being without it.

There are the occasional awkward conversations about why I have a plastic pump, which is why I was inquiring about the nitinol implant.

Can you tell us little bit more specifically about the 'awkward conversation'

Have women ever responded badly to your implant or rejected you because of implant?
young 20s male, but i think my only option is implant
not good at english

Return to “Implants”