Anyone tried the new nitinol Tactra implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RichardTheFrog

Anyone tried the new nitinol Tactra implant?

Postby RichardTheFrog » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:23 am

This is the one that uses nitinol, the metal that remembers it's shape.

Just got FDA approval in April.

https://www.biospace.com/article/boston ... rosthesis/
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

benefitter

Re: Anyone tried the new nitinol Tactra implant?

Postby benefitter » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:10 am

It's been a just few months since that implant was released, so few people have it.
Also, it is not the new type implant previously mentioned before.
Tactra is still semi-rigid.
New type implant(similar to inflatable and made by shape memory alloy) is still under developement
young 20s male, but i think my only option is implant
not good at english

Snoozdoc

Postby Snoozdoc » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:13 am

As they say in the medical field:

“You never want to be the First, nor the Last, to try something New”.

:-)
Developed Type 1 at age 43. ED started about 4 years later (~2013). Pills quit working. Peyronie’s joined the circus. Finally coloplast 18+0 9/12/2019.

JH2007

Postby JH2007 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:35 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:This is the one that uses nitinol, the metal that remembers it's shape.

As of now scheduled for January 8Th for it
Implanted titan 8/29/2018 hated it,
January 9th 2020 Kramer Tactra 26cm

Namirrah

Postby Namirrah » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:09 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:This is the one that uses nitinol, the metal that remembers it's shape.

My immediate thought was the t 1000 from Terminator 2.
Age: 39, Diabetic (well controlled) HBP (since teens, less well controlled, but ok),
mild ED for 3 years, l arginine l citrulline and norvaline (amino acid stack) helped.
Pills: ineffective. Started trimix: 6/24/18, EXTREMELY effective.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:34 pm

JH2007 wrote:

As of now scheduled for January 8Th for it

Good luck.

Are you going to keep us posted?

What do you dislike about your inflatable?
Last edited by RichardTheFrog on Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:44 pm

benefitter wrote:It's been a just few months since that implant was released, so few people have it.
New type implant(similar to inflatable and made by shape memory alloy) is still under developement

Are you saying it doesn't get as hard as an inflatable does?

I'm still confused as to what makes it go up and down. Isn't nitinol heat activated? So is it the heat generated by the warmth of your hand? Here's a video about nitinol where it says you must heat it to 500 degrees (Celsius?) to program a new shape.

https://youtu.be/JKBM9my5eOA

JH2007

Postby JH2007 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:17 am

RichardTheFrog wrote:
benefitter wrote:It's been a just few months since that implant was released, so few people have it.

I'm still confused as to what makes it go up and down. Isn't nitinol heat activated? So is it the heat generated by the warmth of your hand? Here's a video about nitinol where it says you must heat it to 500 degrees (Celsius?) to program a new shape.

I’ve played with the model it isn’t as hard as the inflatable implant(also you will lose girth)[but I don’t fuck with it pumped super hard anyways and for me my dick is big enough at 9 inches losing girth won’t hurt my feelings], and it is always hard so you move it to the position for the up and down. As for the metal it’s self not too well educated on it.

As too what I don’t like about the inflatable device is I have three balls, and tubes running out of control threw my shaft and balls. For most who have fewer life partner or go into it with people who support or are interested in those qualities great, but I’m thirty and I miss having my balls played with and I’m not about to update my tinder or try to bring to light that I have these issues. So In Conclusion i am either abstaining or trying to make it as hidden as possible which translates to awkward moment all around
Implanted titan 8/29/2018 hated it,
January 9th 2020 Kramer Tactra 26cm

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:20 pm

JH2007 wrote:
RichardTheFrog wrote:

I’ve played with the model it isn’t as hard as the inflatable implant(also you will lose girth)[but I don’t fuck with it pumped super hard anyways and for me my dick is big enough at 9 inches losing girth won’t hurt my feelings], and it is always hard so you move it to the position for the up and down. As for the metal it’s self not too well educated on it.

As too what I don’t like about the inflatable device is I have three balls, and tubes running out of control threw my shaft and balls. For most who have fewer life partner or go into it with people who support or are interested in those qualities great, but I’m thirty and I miss having my balls played with and I’m not about to update my tinder or try to bring to light that I have these issues. So In Conclusion i am either abstaining or trying to make it as hidden as possible which translates to awkward moment all around

Do you know where I might get a model?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:14 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:

Different alloy formulations transition at different temperatures. The in vivo model was said to activate at 104 degrees Fahrenheit, heated by an external device (magnetic induction, I think). But the paper I read did not say anything about returning to its alternate shape.

Just guessing, I would imagine the ideal device would be flexible and comparable to an uninflated IPP and then enlarge and stiffen when heated to 104° And then stay that way until cooled to 95° or so. Perhaps with a cold shower

This would not enable a man to control the degree of rigidity, and would still require an external device, not unlike the vacuum pump. But it would relieve the need for pump, tubing, reservoir and the surgery would be simpler
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”