LGX Deflation Question

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
edwardl007

LGX Deflation Question

Postby edwardl007 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:37 pm

I depress the button for 4 seconds and grab the penis and push down and back but I cannot - yet - deflate it totally. The nurse practioner was able to get it all the way down.

If I have done the button squeeze and it has released somewhat, is there any point in depressing it again? Right now that is hurting me a bit.

Anyone else in this same place?
68 years old; ED for 30 years; implanted by Dr Kramer on August 27, 2019; 18 cm with 1 cm RTE

Lost Sheep

Re: LGX Deflation Question

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:52 pm

I have an LGX of 2017 vintage. Coloplast and (maybe) other models of AMS pumps may differ.

I can attest absolutely that the length of time of depressing the deflate button is irrelevant. It is the depth of depressing the button. I depress a shallow bit and deflation occurs (can occur) and stops upon releasing the button. I depress deeply (until I feel a click of the valve reaching its tipping point) and deflation occurs (can occur) continuously and will, until the valve is tipped back into inflation mode. I have proven this with my pump and this has been verified/ratified by others on this support group.

Your valve may operate differently. But that 4-second rule is nonsense as far as I am concerned. I think it was invented because it is easier to explain (and it usually does take a couple seconds to depress the button deeply enough to reach the tipping point - the button does take some effort and apparently time to respond - but, again, it is the depth of depression that does it, not the duration.)

edwardl007 wrote:If I have done the button squeeze and it has released somewhat, is there any point in depressing it again?

If you partially depress the deflate button to permit a minor amount of (partial) deflation, you will have to depress the button again to get more deflation.

If your valve DID reach the tipping point, there is no reason to depress the button again that I know of.

When deflation is occurring, you should be able to feel a slight vibration or buzzing of the saline flowing from the implant back to the reservoir. When outflowing from full erection, this is powered by tension in your penis pushing the saline. As the erection goes down, back pressure from the reservoir (and reduced pressure from the penis) slows the flow until it stops. At that point, squeezing the penis down is necessary for more flow (and deflation) to occur. Simple hydraulics. How well you can "squeeze down" your penis depends on your grip and hand strength. But you should not have to manipulate the button for that. (Coloplast, I understand, before their "One-Touch-Release" valve, required continuous pressing of the deflate button(s) to continue deflation, but not AMS devices.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

edwardl007

Postby edwardl007 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:33 pm

thank you !
68 years old; ED for 30 years; implanted by Dr Kramer on August 27, 2019; 18 cm with 1 cm RTE

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:53 pm

100% agree with Lost sheep. Exactly how mine works. I also hear the squeak when first hit the button. If I squeeze my penis more, I hear more squeak out.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”