WindWizard’s (19m) Implant Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
GoodWood

Re: WindWizard’s (19m) Implant Journal

Postby GoodWood » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:02 am

Congrats!!

Know that there will be ups and downs as you recover but it will get easier day by day. In a few weeks you’ll be able to start to enjoy hardons that are as hard as you want, for as long as you want, whenever you want. CONGRATS!!

For now, follow all of their instructions; walk if they tell you to walk, keep your feet up if they tell you to keep your feet up. Warm compresses, ice, whatever they tell you.

Know that we are all rooting for you. And in the future you are going to be able to share your experience and offer support to other guys that are getting their implant.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:19 am

What an incredibly brave young man!

Take it easy and try not to worry yourself. You know you made the right decision so stop ruminating!
We are all here for you. Take it easy and keep us informed.

Well done!
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:55 am

Great to hear from you. Thanks for the update. The words you wrote could have been written by hundreds of guys here. We all go through some ups and downs, but once you get past the initial pain, it gets better and better. If you are feeling better about your size now, you will most likely get happier when you heal and see your real results. Immediately after surgery your penis has been through such trauma it is not fully flexible. Once you are able to pump up 100% you should be a bit longer.

You are very fortunate to have the relationship you do with your dad. It is wonderful he was there for you and with you. Many of us older guys have our wives for support, but I notice a lot of younger men seem to Do this alone and don’t want their family to know about the surgery. Congratulations on your bravery to be open with dad and to make this life-changing decision. Now you can stop worrying about ED and move forward with your life. I wish you all the best and hope your implant is everything you want it to be.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

guy123

Postby guy123 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:21 pm

Congrats Kid! Your incredibly brave and i want to thank you for posting your journey. I am schedule for implant on oct 25 and i'm going back and forth about doing it. Its a very scary thing . Hang in there and keep posting.

Thank you

Guy

WindWizard

Postby WindWizard » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:05 am

DAY 1

Wow. Was I in for a few surprises. The night I spent in the hospital last night was undoubtedly the worst night of my entire life. I began the evening feeling hopeful and optimistic, the pain was present, but often only around a 3 or 4, on a scale to 10, manageable with medicine and easy enough to ignore texting friends or watching YouTube. Again, my nurse for the beginning of the evening was awesome, super helpful and friendly.

Unfortunately trouble began sooner than hoped. My Foley catheter was getting backed up frequently. This in turn would cause my bladder to become large and the pressure would greatly irritate the drain and incision. My nurse would have to come in regularly and manipulate the bad and catheter tube to get flow out from my bladder and relieve the pressure. This helped the pain.

Unfortunately those who followed him did not help me with this issue. Once he was off his shift, nobody, how hard I tried would help me manipulate the catheter. They all insisted that because there was some urine in it I was obviously draining fine. Well this led to a night of extreme pressure and pain. The worst thing to hurt thru this all has been the tips. I can feel the implant pushing up into the head of my penis, and after a while the pain became excruciating, as if someone had cut the head of my penis of. The nurses were happy to give me a dose of narcotics every four hours, but while that certainly helped relieve my incision and pump pain, the pain in my head was terrible. A lot of it was caused I believe due to the massive catheter. It was heavy, and pulled down hard on the left side of my penis, bending it throughout the night and shooting constant pain throughout my head. I tried to move it but the pain was so bad I had to stop.

The worst pain was in the morning waiting for Karpman to arrive. It was certainly an 8, horrible pain in the head of the penis, the incision and the pump.

What I ended up having to due was manually manipulate my catheter tube to drain properly by lifting it up and down and contorting it to allow the fluid to drain gravitationally into the bag. I had to do this 5 times during the late night as none of my night nurses would assist me. Very dissatisfied in that element of care. I just was brushed off with, oh well it’s normal to feel pressure, take another pain med, etc. So as a result I had to spend 8 min every few hours manually draining my piss thru the tube. I slept for exactly one hour that night, no more.

The worst pain was in the morning waiting for Karpman to arrive. It was certainly an 8, horrible pain in the head of the penis, the incision and the pump. Had me writing in the bed before they pumped me an IV medication that made me feel a lot better.

On the bright side, seeing Dr. Karpman in the morning did give me a lot more hope. He said he gave me the biggest penis he possibly could of, and that I should grow to he very satisfied with the result. He gave me an AMS LGX 18cm + 2 RTE’s. He said the reason for so much gland pain is the aggressive sizing he performed, and that it will be uncomfortable as I begin to cycle, but he emphasized to the utmost importance that I cycle often and aggressively. He showed me pictures from the surgery of my post implant dick, and all pumped up like that, with the head engorged it honestly did look fairly good. With the expansion I get from the LGX should hopefully get to a pretty satisfactory length. Hoping to gain in some girth tho that’s always been lacking but it feels thinner post implant.

After checking out with the hospital my dad and I toon and uber to the airport. I had to be wheeled everywhere because I am so sore and hurting that walking just isn’t practical right now.

Another mistake I made was the plane ride home. Karpman told me to keep my partially inflated penis pointed upwards and not let it hang down as I was traveling home. Unfortunately, my idiot ass determined the best way to due that would be wearing boxer briefs and jeans. Terrible idea, the jeans and briefs were digging into my penis head the whole flight, causing level 7 plane the whole time. Because of my penile curvature I cant simply keep my penis pointed upwards against my body comfortably. I’m still not sure exactly what I should have done to follow Karpman’s directions but certainly not what I did do. Longest flight of my life.

Peeing has been difficult and painful since the catheter has been out, and I’ve certainly got some major constitution issues as well.

Also I’m just a little bit concerned with cleanliness at the moment. I had to take a stop to pee in the airport bathroom into a plastic jug they gave me at the hospital because my bladder was bursting after the flight. Have I inadvertently raised my risk of infection? What about being around the animals at my house? Or sharing a bathroom etc?

I think my biggest concern right now is in regards to my dick. When Karpman unwrapped me this morning. I looked a little shrunken and shriveled and thin. And a little shorter than I was hoping for, but I was also standing pretty nice and straight, which was great to see, the implant had changed my 40 degree curvature to only 10. After his PA deflated me tho to about 70% (feels significantly smaller than fully pumped tho haha) I was initially pretty straight too with a little more downward curve.

Over the day tho, as I’ve begun to swell and such, the downward cur Avery we had gotten much more prominent and I’m seeing curvature to the left significantly, which was admittedly present before the implant as well, but honestly not to that degree. The angle just looks kinda weird and kinda scares me is all. I’m hoping he didn’t misplace a cylinder tip because it looks like the right tip is barely in the head. Here’s a pic to show what I mean.

F2E9CD2A-0B15-4E96-9FA4-942D1140B1D9.jpeg
F2E9CD2A-0B15-4E96-9FA4-942D1140B1D9.jpeg (17.09 KiB) Viewed 1301 times

Does that look normal for guys with some curvature post penile implant? Is it anything to be concerned about? I’m gonna try and get ahold of Karpman to ask him about it, but I’m a little concerned at the moment tbh.

Also do you all have some general recovery tips? I’m icing my penis a bit to try and help with the swelling, I’m popping my narcotics, and I’m keeping my dick free because anything pressing down on it makes my head erupt in pain. Should I keep my pelvis area raised? Do I need to keep my Dick upright or can I let it kinda hang forward like it is haha? Particularly for those of you who had a lot of pain, what did you do to manage that pain?

SteveSW, FMLFML85, FreddyFree, notaes, SpiritWhirl, Greg1956, MK1965, GoodWood, LeRoastBeef, guy123, thank you all so much for reaching out. I’ve been kinda panicked these past hours and you’re words have all made me feel better. So thank you so much.
20 years old. Severe ED for the past 5 years due to scar tissue.
Tried shockwave therapy in Greece, and PRP shot from Dr. Goldstein in San Diego. Both with no results.
Implanted with a AMS LGX 18cm + 2 RTEs, performed by Dr. Edward Karpman - 10/8/2019

WindWizard

Postby WindWizard » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:14 am

Oh, quick update for anyone wondering if the infrapubic approach lessens sensitivity in the head of the penis I can certainly confirm it doesn’t! :D :( Karpman promised me it wouldn’t, I still had some doubts but believe me it hurts like hell where those needles went thru, and it’s VERY sensitive to the touch. Which I guess is a good thing!
Tried shockwave therapy in Greece, and PRP shot from Dr. Goldstein in San Diego. Both with no results.
Implanted with a AMS LGX 18cm + 2 RTEs, performed by Dr. Edward Karpman - 10/8/2019

FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:25 am

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WindWizard

Postby WindWizard » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:06 am

FMLFML85 wrote:Windwizard implants looking good. Good to hear Dr Karpman prioritizes sizing so much. My post implant penis hangs at a angel now to but pumped up it is pretty straight. Another method to handle pain is ice packs (frozen peas). It works surprisingly well and when your cleared to take warm baths this will also help a lot. I was very concerned about infection as well but when I contacted my surgeon he said the risk of infection happens during the surgery and the infection is closed inside of you when they stich/glue you up.

Yeah? You think it’s looking good? I’m glad cuz I’m a little bit nervous about it to be honest haha. Just don’t see why it’s so crooked and downward facing you know when it seemed to straight really before all the swelling started. Interesting... if you don’t mind me asking, did your penis hang at an angle before you got your implant? Or only after?

Thanks for the frozen peas suggestion I’ve just started with those and they’re making a difference already I feel. Yeah I’m excited about the opportunity for warm baths and showers. Right now I’m kinda having trouble differentiating the pump. Feels very weird having such a large foreign object in my nutsack like that you know? I guess I’ll get used to it we’ll see...

Okay that’s very good to know about the infection. Makes me feel a lot better for sure. Thanks a lot for you’re response man, it’s making me a bit better already.

If you don’t mind me asking what about this downward angle?

5A3A5509-3A08-4050-9B0F-C853B894B2F2.jpeg
5A3A5509-3A08-4050-9B0F-C853B894B2F2.jpeg (64.13 KiB) Viewed 1298 times

I mean does that seem normalish for a supposedly 70% pumped implant?

FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:04 am

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:01 am

Happy you are back at home and on the road to recovery. Isn’t this a great place you can come to to get answers and support? I read a couple things in your update I want to respond to. First, I think many of us were supplied with a jock strap to keep our dicks upright at first. I assume since you wore boxers on your flight home that you did not get one. The jock and sweat pants were my uniform of choice those first days.

You mentioned the pain in your glans. That is completely normal. The cylinder tips are intruding in a place that hasn’t been intruded on before. The pressure in the inside will be noticeable for awhile.

Last, you mentioned you hope you get more girth. Your shaft looks damn thick in the photo. Is it more flat from a side view than the top view in your photo? If that is the case that is also quite normal. If I pump up my penis still has a flat side view but when my wife or I stimulate it it fills out.

Keep us posted on your progress.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Return to “Implants”