WindWizard’s (19m) Implant Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: WindWizard’s (19m) Implant Journal

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:11 pm

merrix wrote:(edited for focus)
...it is extremely important to let the reservoir stay full as much of the time as possible after surgery. If not, i.e. if the reservoir stays empty or half empty for too long time in the beginning, scar tissue will form around the reservoir and you will be faced with a bunch of problems. There will simply not be enough space for the reservoir to fill up to its full capacity because of the scar tissue. That will mean you will have a hard time to deflate completely and you will potentially have auto inflation problems.
You don't want that.
Hence, Eid's way is to have his patients start cycling super early. This way, they can get the best from two worlds. Let the reservoir stay empty for 22-23 hours per day, and start cycling early and frequent enough for scar tissue not to form around the deflated cylinders. Which would possibly negatively affect size.

If you think Eid has any clue what he is talking about (he does), then follow this advice. You have already gotten a super quick recovery thanks to Karpman's work. You are cycling very early on. Then do your cycling 2-3 times per day. But leave your reservoir full (i.e. your dick empty) in between, including when you sleep.

Merrix and I disagree (good-naturedly) with some regularity, but in this regard we are in TOTAL agreement.

Scar tissue encapsulation of the reservoir of the implant can create life-long problems. Do a search for the term "pseudo-capsule" here or on the internet at large.

Also, prolonged inflation compresses your tissues. This can impede blood flow and perhaps (I speculate) contribute to effects on nerves and sensation.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

oneperson

Re: WindWizard’s (19m) Implant Journal

Postby oneperson » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:46 pm

I am reading this post and I am worring (more).

It is said that the first days after surgery, the reservoir has to be full as much as possible to avoid scar tissue around it. I was inflated to 80% the first 5 days after surgery, so the reservoir was empty that size all that time.

More, after those five days, I was 3 more inflated to 30%, so the reservoir was not full until 8 days after surgery. But the worry is not that, because I don't think there is a scar. My worry is about my pennis size and cycle of inflating- I am reading that is neccesary to begin cyclin the device as soon as possible, because if cylinders are empty much time, scar in the pennis may shorten the size. I have been more than one month without cycling after surgery. I was emptied 8 days after surgery, and I did not inflated again till 33 days after the deflate. I have been 33 days with empty cylinders, and now as I have said in other post, I realize I have lost lenght (but not much grith, this is almost the same). My lengh was not for lose much )just 10 cm before surgery).

I wonder if that 33 days without inflating can took me to an irreversible lost of size. And maybe the cause of my pain in the pennis.
Implanted September 12nd 2019. Coloplast Titan OTR 20 cm + 1 cm RTE. Dr Cruz (Spain). Liver transplanted. Born in 1967. ED since 24 in different degrees. Pills stopped working in March 2019. Injections caused much pain.

Return to “Implants”