Update - one month out...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
readyforchange

Update - one month out...

Postby readyforchange » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:19 am

Hi all.

So the good and the bad news.

The good: No infection, no issues from the swelling, and the abdominal pain subsided. Everything aesthetically looks terrific.

The bad/difficult: The level of swelling has made it difficult to do much with the pump. I am unable to get a good grip on the pump now. I am about 4 weeks out of surgery. I was able, with the assistance of another, able to get it pumped. Thereafter, I haven’t been able to. The issue appears to the pump sitting somewhat higher. The other issue is that I’m have a lot of trouble with the pump sitting in the far rear corner.

I go to Dr. Kramer on Monday morning...i really hope he is able to pull the pump down. The placement is very concealable but makes pumping difficult. This is scary and I really would like to get cycling. I hope he can tug on the pump to dislodge somehow from the higher uppers and it’s just one time sitting in the case.

Thanks guys!
32, ED stemming from spinal meningitis in 2008. Thereafter used pills with little success. Injections were cumbersome and I developed Peyronies. On 9/5/19, implant performed by Dr. Kramer.

Snoozdoc

Re: Update - one month out...

Postby Snoozdoc » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:42 am

Good Luck!!

Same issue!! Pump position (high/low/anterior/posterior) and deflate block orientation (left/right/front/back) are absolutely critical. Especially if you have a strong cremaster reflex and pump is inaccessible when scrotum is very tight.

If only:

1. Cremaster reflex could be permanently ablated

2. Perhaps a single orchiectomy (ball removal) to leave more room for pump

3. Somehow have a dissolvable suture to keep pump in good place until pseudocapsule forms and pump stays properly oriented.

Anyway, hopefully as many folks say, time will heal all.
Developed Type 1 at age 43. ED started about 4 years later (~2013). Pills quit working. Peyronie’s joined the circus. Finally coloplast 18+0 9/12/2019.

marlow13

Re: Update - one month out...

Postby marlow13 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Had the same problem but a member here Garypaxton4 said he used a damp/moist washcloth to get a better grip. I tried it and it worked for me. That’s was some of the best advice I’ve got here so far...makes it a lot easier to grip where ever the bulb is located.
58 y/o PCA 18 on March 2017. Biopsy 8.6 Gleason. Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer June 2017. Robotic Prostectomy Aug 2017. .02 at Follow ups so far. Implanted on 9/6/19 with AMS 700 CX 21+2 RTE's by Dr.Dean Knoll Urology Associates Nashville, TN.

Return to “Implants”