Rear Tip Extender Sling?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
LA Johnson

Rear Tip Extender Sling?

Postby LA Johnson » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:03 am

Hi guys, have any of you knowledgeable guys had a “rear tip extender sling”? What I read seemed a bit vague. Surgery report says, “possible proximal perforation” as the reason.

Asking because no one told me about this, Dr or staff post-surgery.
B 1958/ M 1991/ VL, Titan implant 3/18 20cm+ 2cm rte Dr. Yafi UCI Medical
1st Revision 3/19 Pump failure 22cm+1.5 rte; 2nd Revision 9/19 Pump failure 22cm+2cm rte
3rd Revision 6/16/20 Cylinder aneurysm Dr. Kramer Titan 24cm no rte. 4th Rev 4/14/21 Pump.

newbie443

Re: Rear Tip Extender Sling?

Postby newbie443 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:02 am

As the corpora goes down into your body it bends a bit or spreads. Make a bit of a curve so to speak. We all are different and some go deeper and or bend more than others. But If for some reason the RTE breaks through the corpora and out where it should not a sling may be used to repair this. If you are not upset by watching implant video's here is one that shows the repair. And there is a diagram that shows the spread of the corpora as it goes down. https://www.coloplastmd.com/resources/p ... rforation/

I have not had one of these repairs.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

LA Johnson

Postby LA Johnson » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:20 pm

newbie443 wrote:As the corpora goes down into your body it bends a bit or spreads. Make a bit of a curve so to speak. We all are different and some go deeper and or bend more than others. But If for some reason the RTE breaks through the corpora and out where it should not a sling may be used to repair this. If you are not upset by watching implant video's here is one that shows the repair. And there is a diagram that shows the spread of the corpora as it goes down. https://www.coloplastmd.com/resources/p ... rforation/

Thanks Newbie443, I searched but found nothing as clear as the link you provided. I'm hoping someone who has had this done knew how it affected healing, etc. I read that this happens in about 50% of revisions, but don't recall ever seeing it mentioned on FT.

BTW, looks like you and I got implanted on the same day. Sucks that I've had 2 revisions since 3.21.18.

Thanks again
B 1958/ M 1991/ VL, Titan implant 3/18 20cm+ 2cm rte Dr. Yafi UCI Medical
1st Revision 3/19 Pump failure 22cm+1.5 rte; 2nd Revision 9/19 Pump failure 22cm+2cm rte
3rd Revision 6/16/20 Cylinder aneurysm Dr. Kramer Titan 24cm no rte. 4th Rev 4/14/21 Pump.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:58 pm

LA Johnson wrote:
newbie443 wrote:As the corpora goes down into your body it bends a bit or spreads. Make a bit of a curve so to speak. We all are different and some go deeper and or bend more than others. But If for some reason the RTE breaks through the corpora and out where it should not a sling may be used to repair this. If you are not upset by watching implant video's here is one that shows the repair. And there is a diagram that shows the spread of the corpora as it goes down. https://www.coloplastmd.com/resources/p ... rforation/

Thanks Newbie443, I searched but found nothing as clear as the link you provided. I'm hoping someone who has had this done knew how it affected healing, etc. I read that this happens in about 50% of revisions, but don't recall ever seeing it mentioned on FT.

BTW, looks like you and I got implanted on the same day. Sucks that I've had 2 revisions since 3.21.18.

Thanks again

Maybe that's one of the reasons my local uro's don't do revisions. I have had trouble with my LGX but so far am able to work around them. If I can get this one to last another 2.5 years when I start Medicare I am for sure going to have one. Guess we both are unlucky. Hope this third one is the charm for you.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Return to “Implants”