Using other than a world renowned surgeon

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Greg1956

Re: Using other than a world renowned surgeon

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:17 am

We will never agree on this issue. As Merrix agreed, there are good implant surgeons who are not among the high volume docs. That is all I have been trying to say on behalf of all of us guys who found great doctors and got great results. If you choose well a surgeon who is not one of the top three can also have great statistics. For me it was all about doing my homework to know I was making a smart choice. I did and it paid off.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

jump.ship

Postby jump.ship » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:10 am

Greg1956 wrote:We will never agree on this issue. As Merrix agreed, there are good implant surgeons who are not among the high volume docs. That is all I have been trying to say on behalf of all of us guys who found great doctors and got great results. If you choose well a surgeon who is not one of the top three can also have great statistics. For me it was all about doing my homework to know I was making a smart choice. I did and it paid off.

Agreed. It's a tough one deciding. Funny I am actually scheduled for a different surgery for free on the NHS here, its unrelated to ED, and the surgeon couldn't answer one of my questions at the consultation. He goes: "Look this isn't my main area expertise. I am an experienced surgeon, but have different areas of interest".

For this, I couldn't care less that this isn't his main area! I am confident he is experienced and will do a good enough job.

But with the implant I just can't leave anything to chance. Success in this procedure is not a simple binary success or failure, but rather a scale of say Shit, to OK, through to Good and Excellent, so I know, even if the outcome is good, I will torment myself wondering if it could have been better!
Last edited by jump.ship on Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uk Based - 39 Years
ED from day one - VL confirmed with NHS
Implanted Jan 2022 - Dr Eid - 22cm Titan / no RTEs

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:31 am

Who's set up to do your surgery, jump.ship?
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

jump.ship

Postby jump.ship » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:02 pm

LeRoastBeef wrote:Who's set up to do your surgery, jump.ship?

I decided to go with Eid. Looking like it will be early new year.
Uk Based - 39 Years
ED from day one - VL confirmed with NHS
Implanted Jan 2022 - Dr Eid - 22cm Titan / no RTEs

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:26 pm

World renown is apparently only on Franktalk. The Dr I found a USC Keck did over 200 a year. He recently retired. He said and I believe him that USC Keck urology does more than either Eid or Kramer. His second that is taking over his specialty is doing 3-4 a week. I am sure there are other high volume surgeons in the LA, San Diego area and none are mentioned here. I found my surgeon when I was considering Dr Karpman in the San Jose area. He is mentioned here as high volume. He is the one who told me to go to Dr Boyd at USC. as he was the master on the west coast.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”