Stretch Test

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Magicmike

Stretch Test

Postby Magicmike » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:54 pm

I've read a lot about the stretch test. Most people say it is useless because the correct test is in surgery. My question would be how many of you have more length after implanted vs the stretch test

Lost Sheep

Re: Stretch Test

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:26 pm

In my opinion, the stretch test is the least useful test for penis length. However, it is easy to do and can be done on a flaccid penis with no preparation. So it is the most convenient.

The measurement in the operating room with the measuring tool is not so much a test as it is a fitting. A shoe shop technician does not test your foot. That is a measurement to "size" the shoe (select the proper prosthetic). (In a sense, both the shoe and the implant are prosthetic devices and need to be the proper size to function optimally.)

The foregoing is more my philosophy than definitive, so others may take exception to my words. That is OK. I don't mind.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:27 pm

Look at it from the doctors point of view. It is fast & easy to grab your dick & pull like hell. Hey buddy, this is ALL you have. You are not bringing a big dick to the surgery so this is what you have & will get. End of discussion. Now after surgery & a reasonable time for recovery. Throw in some regular inflation routines & looky what happened. You gain some length & girth after surgery.
If the doc was to tell you an accurate length estimate you'd be one pissed off guy after surgery.cause the trauma made your dick go hide for a while.
Those guys would be in his office screaming like a smashed cat. Why should he set himself up to listening to every guy whine for 6 months?
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:35 pm

My doctor's stretch test was much like Gt1956 said. He pulled out fairly hard and said, "This is what you'll have. Is that what you expect?" He was trying to make sure I didn't have an inflated (heh) view of what I was bringing to the operating table. He told me that many men think they are bigger than they really are and it causes trouble after surgery so he tries to make sure expectations are set correctly.

As it turns out, after recovery and some stretching, I am a bigger than he forecast, which is just fine for me. I was satisfied with having a hard dick again at the size he stretched to. The rest is gravy. In addition, after years of atrophy I had very little girth left and I'm much better now.

Very satisfied.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Chiefy

Postby Chiefy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:58 pm

My doc doesn't bother with stretch test, says its misleading and can go up or down when done. Said he'll know once he injects it in surgery, but I won't be awake to tell. lol

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Chiefy wrote:My doc doesn't bother with stretch test, says its misleading and can go up or down when done. Said he'll know once he injects it in surgery, but I won't be awake to tell. lol

I wonder, what is the medical purpose of the injection test? Is it just curiosity? The internal measurement is (or should be) the determining factor in sizing the implant. IF the surgeon goes by the external measurement of (even the best and most representative) injection-induced erection there is a substantial chance of mis-sizing. The depth of crus varies from patient to patient, after all. If the surgeon chooses the implant size based on the injection-induced erection, there is a high likelihood of needing to adjust the size by rear tip extenders or of having a too-short or too-long implant.

The usefulness of measuring the injection-induced erection (in addition to the REAL measurement the internal one), I think, is only so that the final result can be compared to the immediately pre-surgery dimensions. Doing the injection during the surgery really only informs the surgeon and the patient only second-hand. Doing the injection BEFORE surgery would inform BOTH with first-hand information.

I was able to get erections before surgery (but which only stayed erect for seconds at a time), so the question is irrelevant for me, but I am very curious as to what information is really gathered by the injection. Or, is there some advantage to operating on a cavernosum that has been injected to tumescence minutes before incision?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:17 pm

I also wonder about the injection while under.
My doctor never asked about prior size or did a stretch test.

I wonder if the doctor could measure enough of the erection possible externally then use the measuring rods to measure the crus. Add the 2 together and come up with the length.

I don't have another appointment for 2 1/2 months, but I'll try to ask that question.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Implants”