Concerts and events detectability

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
WhiteCane

Concerts and events detectability

Postby WhiteCane » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:19 pm

So, I’m a younger guy… I go to a lot of concerts and Broadway shows… Am I going to have to explain myself and the implant every time? I know airports are in issue and I’ve seen a lot of that stuff but haven’t really read up on the things they use at concerts…
Implanted October 2019 Dr. Kramer lgx 18 cm +2 rear tips. Preop at 6.75 post op 5.25... awaiting revision… Implanted for possibility of having our first child.

TANGERINE

Re: Concerts and events detectability

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:09 am

there is no issue.

I have a titan 22cm, and have been going through detectors and scanners for nearly three years. Really, this is never a problem. Maybe an occasional pat down when I go through the fancy scanner, but I think that is just random selection.

NEVER an issue through standard metal detectors.

So, do not worry about TSA or concerts.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:36 am

I have had my implant for two years and have been through many scanners at airports, as well as other things like concerts, shows, and tourist venues. I have never been stopped for it. In a recent flight I got stopped upon going through the security check point and I thought I was finally going to have to pull out my implant card and the guy patted down my ankle. There was nothing there so not sure what they saw on the scanner.

The implants are not made from metal so there isn’t much of anything to detect. I have read here that for guys was really long flaccid sizes they sometimes get questioned due to the bulge. Mine is 5.5” deflated so I guess it would need to be bigger than that. I don’t think you need to be concerned.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:22 pm

Greg1956 wrote:The implants are not made from metal so there isn’t much of anything to detect. I have read here that for guys was really long flaccid sizes they sometimes get questioned due to the bulge. Mine is 5.5” deflated so I guess it would need to be bigger than that. I don’t think you need to be concerned.

I have to totally agree. If there is any metal in it, it would be a tiny spring in the pump. The eyelets in your shoes have more metal than can be in an implant.
Lots of myths about scanners. This has to rank up there with "plastic" guns aren't detectable. No such thing as an "all plastic" gun.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

1egg2fry

Postby 1egg2fry » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:55 am

I travel via air frequently. One one occasion I was stopped by TSA going through security. The scanner device picked up the reservoir bulb in my abdomen. Not sure why. It hasn't happened since. The TSA agent gave me a weird look when I explained what it was and after a cursory pat down let me through.

David_Webb

Postby David_Webb » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:21 pm

Same as the others... I’ve been through TSA several times and never had to pull out my implant card. I do carry it just in case.

Also been to many concerts and been through detectors and been wand scanned without a peep.
New Hampshire, 42, Diagnosed with ED early 20’s. VL Left side, Implanted 7-9-18, Dr. Gross, Titan OTR, 22cm +1 RTE, Penoscrotal.

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:23 pm

I carry my implant card in my wallet all the time.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:07 pm

never an issue....6.5 years implanted...lots of travel, lots of public events (lots of private events too...)....I also carry my card - never needed. I ALSO carry the instruction card - in Spanish, no less....yeah....I have some fun with my toy...get your toy and go have fun!!! Good luck!!!!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

David_R

Postby David_R » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:41 pm

The only time I had to show my card was before my first MRI after getting an implant. The questionnaire asked if you have any of the following, and "penile implant" was on that list. They made a copy of the card and everything went fine. :)

WhiteCane

Postby WhiteCane » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:04 pm

Thank you, guys! I feel reassured… You’re all pretty good at that… I have two shows on Broadway, a concert, and several vacations planned with the lady over the next six months… This helps a lot!
Implanted October 2019 Dr. Kramer lgx 18 cm +2 rear tips. Preop at 6.75 post op 5.25... awaiting revision… Implanted for possibility of having our first child.

Return to “Implants”