Upright after new implant How long & how do you urinate

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
peyroniesjr

Upright after new implant How long & how do you urinate

Postby peyroniesjr » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi Guys,

Question how long do you keep your penis in the upright position after the implant?

How do you urinate in this position, is it okay to point it down to pee or does your new penis allow this or is it to painful.

Is it similar to when you had an erection when you were a teen in the am to you had to been over to pee?

Thanks

Junior
Implant Titan 2/21/2020 / 67 yrs / Married 44 yrs /ED / Peyronies 70 degrees - Xiaflex/ Low T / & RALP 4/1/2019 (Nerve Sparing)

Lost Sheep

Re: Upright after new implant How long & how do you urinate

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:43 pm

Did you keep or did the have the plastic urinal hospitals usually give their patients?

If not, a jar or something.

Sit down to pee.

Pee in the shower

All solutions used in the past

Two years postoperative I still keep mine pointed up
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

peyroniesjr

Postby peyroniesjr » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:49 pm

Hi Lost Sheep,

After all this time you keep your penis in the upright penis, how do you do this in your underwear. I am as anxious as when I had prostate cancer, but I want to resolve my problem.

Thanks
Junior
Implant Titan 2/21/2020 / 67 yrs / Married 44 yrs /ED / Peyronies 70 degrees - Xiaflex/ Low T / & RALP 4/1/2019 (Nerve Sparing)

Snoozdoc

Postby Snoozdoc » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:17 pm

Everything was a new thing to learn these last two weeks since implant.

For about first week, plastic urinal was an amazing gift, as was an inflatable donut pillow.

After about week one, you should be able to gently bring your penis horizontal and stand way back from bowl and hope for the best, but please be neat and wipe the seat after. As far as sitting down to urinate, not happening yet. Not even close.

As a side note, I will NEVER forget those first couple of urinations after foley catheter removed. I hope I never have to feel that again.

This whole process is trials and tribulations. I have a bottle of champagne on ice. Not for when I use it for the first time. Nope. But for when I can finally activate that god-forsaken deflate valve!! I swear, i need someone to hit my toe with a hammer to distract me from the pinching pain of my failed deflate attempts!! Clearly the gents who designed that pump have never had a penile implant.

Hope that helps you.
Developed Type 1 at age 43. ED started about 4 years later (~2013). Pills quit working. Peyronie’s joined the circus. Finally coloplast 18+0 9/12/2019.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:26 pm

everyone is different, but I have a 3"cruse and RTEs. I stick straight out at 3:00 when pumped. When I completely deflate, my 5" of implant cylinders hang straight down. I had peyronies also. Doc kept me 80-90% pumped up for 4 weeks. Hurt like hell and was a bit hard to conceal. I am retired and would go walk on the desert with a long open shirt. I just let it stick straight out with nothing touching it. :shock: I peed in an old canning jar.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

WhiteCane

Postby WhiteCane » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:59 pm

How does inflation vary from doctor to doctor? How inflated does Dr. Kramer leave you?
Implanted October 2019 Dr. Kramer lgx 18 cm +2 rear tips. Preop at 6.75 post op 5.25... awaiting revision… Implanted for possibility of having our first child.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:06 am

Urinating was not at all easy for me. My penis was inflated more than I expected and there was absolutely no way I could aim for the toilet. Luckily our house is at a dead end and we have a red of woods beside us so I could step outside to pee. I ended up goi g back to the surgeon after a couple days and he deflated it enough for me to be able to push it down to use the toilet.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:42 am

It is hard, without making a mess. My first pee after leaving the hospital was all over the place. You're left erect at some level, and no, it doesn't bend down to help at all.

Suggestions:

1. Bend way over, use one arm along the wall behind the toilet to steady you.
2. Pee when you shower and let the shower wash away the evidence.
3. Use a catheter. They go all the way into the bladder and drain everything out. Daily use catheters are open at both ends. You slide it in and point the part that is sticking out in front of your dick at the toilet. It bends even if your dick won't. Not painful like the catheters used in hospitals to keep them in place all night.
4. Sit on the toilet in a way that lets your head stay below the toilet seat. Be careful not to have it too high or there will still be a cleanup on the outside of the bowl.

Good luck.
Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Return to “Implants”