Flat Fix

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
longdayze

Flat Fix

Postby longdayze » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:40 pm

Question concerning the pump going flat because not enough fluid in the resivour. Since I had my implant installed I pump until the bulb goes flat, I can't get anymore fluid once it goes flat. I assume doctor didn't put enough fluid in the resivour?

I assume I could get more rigidity and possibly gain back my original length but feel that the lack of fluid prevents me from maximizing my results.
Anyone else had this issue, and if so did it require a revision to fix?
Sam
Had Titan 18cm + 1cm RTE on 1-5-17, blotched surgery, cylinders short. Had revision on 3-15-17 Dr. Kramer to a Titan 22 +1 RTE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiEZyTjSM2M

Sam

Gt1956

Re: Flat Fix

Postby Gt1956 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:37 pm

Here is a totally uninformed answer. In the YouTube videos that I've watched plus a good amount of reading. I have never heard of a "fill port". Based upon this. I think that the least surgery that you could hope to get away with is to remove the pump. Add fluid then reattach the pump.
But it is my understanding that surgeons are super hesitant to put a removed device back into a patient. So, just guessing, you'd need a new pump also. With any luck, the cylinders might be left in.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:29 am

On my case the pump valve kept on sticking until it finally just stopped working and the ball would stay flat and come back to a round position after a few minutes, but it was not filling the cylinders anymore. So that is when I called AMS and talked to a lady forgot her name, but she said since I had only had the complete revision only twenty months that the surgeon could do a partial and just change the pump. I went into surgery thinking he was just going to change the MS pump, but he also installed a bigger reservoir, new pump, did not change the LGX cylinders, but he pulled them in further into the gland. He said the tips were at the base of the gland and he pulled them further in to where the tips are about the center of the gland. Recovery was quick in comparison to a complete revision and the most important thing is he done a perfect job. Very happy with the surgery, it works perfect now. Hope it stays that way. :lol:
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:12 am

make an appointment with your surgeon and tell him you do not like the flat bulb and that you want more fluid.

then,

please tell us all what he says, it will be educating to us all.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Return to “Implants”