Incontinence before/after implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
LookingUp

Incontinence before/after implant

Postby LookingUp » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:02 am

Short story: I had PCa treated with Proton Radiation. All good for 3 years, then ED started. Slowly limping down the road with Pills and then injections. Had a urethral stricture treated by urethroplasty. Side effect of incontinence. 1 to 2 light pads a day.

So, 1. Anyone that had incontinence after Prostate treatment of any kind, has your incontinence stopped after Implant?

2. To all that have incontinence after implant, how is the "fit" space of a partially erect penis and a pad? Is there enough room to have both and not look like a bowling ball in your pants?

I've a consult with Dr. Eid Oct 7th. Procrastinated long enough.

Thanks for all replies.

LU
ED 26 years. 1995->Pills->Shots->Implant penoscrotal Implanted Feb2021, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal, 100cc reservoir. Looking forward to revision with a better Doctor.

Toronto67

Re: Incontinence before/after implant

Postby Toronto67 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:02 pm

LookingUp wrote:Short story: I had PCa treated with Proton Radiation. All good for 3 years, then ED started. Slowly limping down the road with Pills and then injections. Had a urethral stricture treated by urethroplasty. Side effect of incontinence. 1 to 2 light pads a day.

So, 1. Anyone that had incontinence after Prostate treatment of any kind, has your incontinence stopped after Implant?

2. To all that have incontinence after implant, how is the "fit" space of a partially erect penis and a pad? Is there enough room to have both and not look like a bowling ball in your pants?

Thanks for all replies.

LU

Hi, welcome to the forum, I am sorry to heard about your incontinence problems. After my RP I suffered with bad incontinence too, it was very depressing but little by little I got better, by my first anniversary after my RP I was down to a pad a day and at the end of the day it was fairly dry, after I received my implant my incontinence got worse, I still used only one pad but it was not as dry as before at the end of the day, then things started improving a lot to the point I am very dry during the day ( except when I go to the gym), I am using now thinner pads than before my implant and I am having no problems at all.

The male incontinence pads fits very well with my new penis, the only caviat is that have have to keep my penis always pointing down in my underwear, when it is pointing up I have more issues staying dry.
Born 1967, diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2016, prostatectomy performed in 2018, current PSA 0.10, implanted with LGX 700 on Jul 2019.

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:34 pm

My experience is very similar to Toronto's. My incontinence and ED issues got worse after a recurrence of PC. 35 radiation treatments for a very aggressive cancer was the main cause. I am fine in the morning, and have very little leakage when I am not tired or lifting something. I can walk 3 miles with little problem, but standing at a party or similar is an issue. The implant made things a little worse for a while, but Keagles and exercise have improved it to about the same as it was before the implant. I love the results of my implant an would do it again tomorrow.

Oh yes, and they killed the cancer 5 years zero PSA. :)
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:44 am

My incontinence got worse after the implant. It is tight fit with the big dick and pad. I live out in the country so I free ball most the time. Put my PJs on as soon as day is done. Don't know what it is called but I leak urine when I orgazim. Wife hates that. Have to put a towel under her and make sure her nighty doesn't get wet. That really pisses her off. Fuck cancer. 2 years since I had good sex. Should have just tried to out run the cancer. Life fucks now.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

David_R

Postby David_R » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:22 am

Oldbeek, I was so sorry to read this post. Damn, you have had bad shit happen to you (and your wife). So sorry, brother.

Toronto67

Postby Toronto67 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:37 am

oldbeek wrote:My incontinence got worse after the implant. It is tight fit with the big dick and pad. I live out in the country so I free ball most the time. Put my PJs on as soon as day is done. Don't know what it is called but I leak urine when I orgazim. Wife hates that. Have to put a towel under her and make sure her nighty doesn't get wet. That really pisses her off. Fuck cancer. 2 years since I had good sex. Should have just tried to out run the cancer. Life fucks now.

Hi, I am in the same boat, it is call climaturia and it affect some guys after their Prostates are removed, I try to empty my bladder as much as possible right before sex but sometimes still leaking urine. I am waiting and evaluating my situation for another 6 months, if it does not improve I may get an artificial urinary sphincter, I donot like too much the idea of having another major surgery in just 3 years but if it needed then I will do it.

In my opinion trying to outrun cancer would have not been a good idea, my father died from prostate cancer, it metastasised to the bones on his legs, hips and ribs, also to his lungs and brain. It was horrible and super, super painful, he agonized in pain for about six months after being diagnosed with terminal cancer, the cancer in the bones made his last days on earth like hell, but was the lung cancer the one that put an end. Based on my experience I try to focus on the positive things, I am fighting cancer and want to beat it, if I have to pee my bed when having sex or if I need to get the AUS it is a small price to pay to avoid such a painful dead.

If it does bother you so much talk to your doctor, the AUS may be an option for you too.

Good luck
Last edited by Toronto67 on Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Born 1967, diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2016, prostatectomy performed in 2018, current PSA 0.10, implanted with LGX 700 on Jul 2019.

WhiteCane

Postby WhiteCane » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:49 am

So, in 2017, I underwent a simultaneous kidney/pancreas transplant… I’m extremely thankful to be alive but it did definitely take a toll on the lower half of my body… My bladder began to retain urine and of course the reason we are all here “erectile dysfunction“ came on soon after surgery… I have my date set for an implant with Dr. Kramer in October… I had to ask the question about urinary function… I was able to fix the bladder issue and don’t have to use a catheter before bed anymore. I would really rather not have to do that ever again… His answer was that this does not affect urinary symptoms in any way, Shape, or form… logic in my head was that it would constrict at least a little bit around the urethra… Upon reading here, a lot of guys say they can even P when they are hard… Maybe your surgeon could consider an artificial urinary sphincter “AUS“ during the surgery for your prosthetic? I don’t know your situation well enough to know if this is an option but it may be something to discuss? Best of luck, friend!
Implanted October 2019 Dr. Kramer lgx 18 cm +2 rear tips. Preop at 6.75 post op 5.25... awaiting revision… Implanted for possibility of having our first child.

LookingUp

Postby LookingUp » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:31 pm

Good to know I'm not alone. Good info on implant, pads and spacing. I'll hold off on the artificial aus for now.

LU
ED 26 years. 1995->Pills->Shots->Implant penoscrotal Implanted Feb2021, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal, 100cc reservoir. Looking forward to revision with a better Doctor.

Oldcrohny62

Postby Oldcrohny62 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:35 pm

I developed incontinence following Surgery for PC in 2013. Had ED prior to PC. Surgeon I was sent to regarding Incontinence and ED was confident he could resolve both. I had two surgeries at same time - one to put in an IPP (implant) and one to place a pelvic sling to control incontinence. Day after surgery, no Incontinence at all! AND ED gone! No regrets on the surgery.
Prostate cancer diagnosis and Davinci Robotic Prostatectomy 2013; Diabetic, Crohns Disease; Peyronies; ED with pills and trimix with limited result; Xiaflex with limited result. AMS IPP 12/2017; bladder sling 12/2017 to correct incontinence caused by RP.

Bamaboy101

Postby Bamaboy101 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:53 am

LookingUp wrote:Short story: I had PCa treated with Proton Radiation. All good for 3 years, then ED started. Slowly limping down the road with Pills and then injections. Had a urethral stricture treated by urethroplasty. Side effect of incontinence. 1 to 2 light pads a day.

Thanks for all replies.

LU

I had an Artificial Urinary Sphincter installed 4 years ago. They work very well. Just had the implant done 2 weeks ago, so can’t speak to any changes yet.

Ask Dr Eid if AUS is for you...

Return to “Implants”