question, or issue with AMS 700

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Fletch66

question, or issue with AMS 700

Postby Fletch66 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:33 am

Had my surgery on Jul 30th. Was performed at VA hospital St. Louis. Wasn't really given a lot of information, as far as follow ups, or what I should and shouldn't do. Soooo, I didn't cycle the pump in 6 weeks. The Dr. Released the pressure that was put in during surgery, about 2 weeks in. It was very painful, having him use the pump to deflate. But he never mentioned for me to start inflating and deflating, just NO sex. So, went back for 6 week release to begin using. He went over inflating, and deflating, still very painful in the scrotum. So, I've been cycling it daily. One thing I've noticed, is that when I first start to inflate, I squeeze the bulb once, it compresses, but stays deflated. If I was a few minutes, it will refill. Then when I go to squeeze again, its tough to do, then feel a sense of pop, or jarring, and it will allow it to begin to inflate my penis. But its that initial Pop, or whatever is happening. It gets rigid, and stays. Just worrying about that issue. And once it pops, I can feel the fluid moving around the system.
Thanks for any suggests.
Brad
Fairview Heights, IL
53 yr old, tried everything, been going on for over 15 years, AMS 700 on 7/30/2019.

Quincy

Re: question, or issue with AMS 700

Postby Quincy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:12 am

The pop you're feeling is probably the valve in the pump changing position. When you first start to inflate, you should feel it pop into inflate mode, and then the cylinders start inflating. When you press the deflate button, the valve reverses so the fluid can flow out. Sometimes I can feel the pop when I press the deflate button, but often I can not. Many guys say that after they deflate they put one quick pump back in so that the valve again goes into inflate mode and is ready for the next use. I leave mine in deflate mode, but often find that when I first start to inflate the next time the pump depresses and stays there, and the "pop" signifying it's changed to inflate mode doesn't occur. If that happens, I depress the deflate button hard and try again. Usually, I immediately feel the pop of the valve change and everything is fine. Sometimes I have to depress the deflate button a second time.

I hope this helps and you can understand what I'm trying to say. Let me know if it isn't clear or you have more questions. I'm sorry your doctor hasn't been more forthcoming with information. Most doctors tell you that you should inflate at least twice a day for a half hour at a time.

Best wishes.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:25 am

My pump acts almost the exact same way. The first pump and the bulb stays deflated and will slowly inflate. What I do is after the first pump, when the bulb is deflated, I push and hold the deflate button for 4-5 seconds. This allows the bulb to re inflate quickly and this seems to reset the valve. On the next pump the valve pops (switches to inflate) and I inflate normally. I have to follow this every time and it works (so far) with out fail.

You will be sore at first but that will go away with time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:59 am

Yep, if mine doesn't want to inflate, I also press the deflate button and it changes the setting.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:21 am

And some guys have to work at it for so long till they can finally get that "pop" -- and then it works! :D

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:03 pm

I do not agree with some of the posts that the bulb should stay deflated. To me it sounds like the valve is sticking and is not working the way it was designed. I had that problem with my second revision and I knew something was not right because I never had that problem with my first implant which lasted 15 years. That second time around or revision lasted only 20 months and then the valve would not reset itself. And believe me I tried every way to avoid having the doctors go in and do another revision. This time it completely failed, and I blame no other then the manufacture of the MS pump. So I went in for another partial revision and this time the new pump works perfect. No panic that it might not inflate because of it sticking. That is why I say that if the ball stays deflated, there is something wrong with that pump and eventually it is not going to reset itself the way it is suppose to. It is suppose to squeeze with ease and deflate with ease. :idea:
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Fletch66

Postby Fletch66 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:11 am

Thank you to everyone who responded. It's exactly like the first couple of guys commented. Pumped it up tonight, released it, then gave it one pump to set the valve. Works perfect. Still in the pumping up and leaving it, then releasing it. As luck of the Irish would have it, my girlfriend is being visited by her infrequent visitor, so I'm in a holding pattern until the tower gives me clearance to park the plane in the hanger. Sorry, couldn't come up with a better description. But Gosh darn it, I'll let you know how it works. I'm concerned about the size. Somewhat increased in girth at the base, length, I think I lost almost an inch. Which may not sound like much, but that was 30% or the original size. Thanks for all the help
53 yr old, tried everything, been going on for over 15 years, AMS 700 on 7/30/2019.

George03

Postby George03 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:40 am

Your size will likely continue to increase for at least a year. That is my experience, as well as many others whose posts I have read here. I am about one year out, still seeing small gains in size and girth.
Prostate removal August 2017, AMS 700 LGX Implant August 2018 60's, generally good shape and health. PSA zero so far.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:20 pm

I have had a quirky pump. But now things are much better. Seems to me mine was having a bunch of trouble resetting properly.

My understanding of the pump operation is that the first pump need to be firm and quick. This may take time as healing and getting used to doing the firm quick squeeze can take practice. As said the pop is what you are looking for and the signal it is working properly. On deflation when you press the deflate button there should be a small click to signal deflation is working properly and reset. You may or may not feel this faint click but if fluid flows back into the reservoir with the deflate button released then it is a working. That is what you are looking for with deflation. To be able to release the deflate button and feel fluid going back out. My AMS video shows squeezing fluid out of the penis and I leave one hand on the pump and tubing and feel for the fluid moving back into the reservoir. So if you have to hold the deflate button down for deflation then it has not reset. Mine will not reset if I deflate when inflated to max. If I hold the deflate button down until I reduce pressure about 20% then release and try a gain pushing the deflate button most times I feel the faint click and almost always fluid moving after I release the deflate button.

Keep going with your cycling. Now is the time to start the work that will return what size is there to be gained. As said I to had improvements past 1 year. Practice, practice, practice.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Return to “Implants”