When does it get easier to pump

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Quester

When does it get easier to pump

Postby Quester » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:49 pm

I guess I have 2 quick questions

1) When does it get easier to pump up you implant?

2) What did you do to help get used to pumping it up both your sack and squeezing?

I was just activated yesterday and after soaking in a nice hot bath I thought I’d be ready to pump up. Maybe because my sack is still sore from the day before but I could only handle may a couple of pumps at a time then pause repeat. Maybe it was the hot water I was sitting in but the experience left me kind of light headed.

Several of you all have mentioned how fast you can pump up so I know mine just needs to be broken in. But it seems like I have to use all y force and I’m not even sure if I bet max before I kind of give up and deflate.

My pump build compresses and refills but it feels extra firm with each pump

Thanks

David
ED 20 years, Peyroine's Disease diagnosed in 2018, at 57 years I was implanted September 3rd 2019 at the Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, AMS700 CX 21cm + 2cm RTE

Lost Sheep

Re: When does it get easier to pump

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:02 pm

Quester wrote:1) When does it get easier to pump up you implant?

Do you know what a decay curve is? The difficulty of pumping will decay (get easier) over time and the decay curve levels off to reach a steady state. Mine took about 6 months. I believe there are three factors involved. First, you will develop a pumping technique which your hand will eventually develop the muscle memory to do with skill and dexterity. Second, your scrotum, as it heals and as it toughens (not "toughen", as in developing callouses, but as in just getting accustomed to the pressing) up. Third, the pump bulb and the inflatable tubes get softened/stretched over time. Sitting in a warm bath as you pump up helps the softening process.

Over time the decay curve reaches a steady state asymptotically.

Quester wrote:2) What did you do to help get used to pumping it up both your sack and squeezing?

I just proceeded gently and slowly. a few weeks put me in a comfortable zone.
Quester wrote:I was just activated yesterday and after soaking in a nice hot bath I thought I’d be ready to pump up. Maybe because my sack is still sore from the day before but I could only handle may a couple of pumps at a time then pause repeat. Maybe it was the hot water I was sitting in but the experience left me kind of light headed.

Several of you all have mentioned how fast you can pump up so I know mine just needs to be broken in. But it seems like I have to use all y force and I’m not even sure if I bet max before I kind of give up and deflate.

Over the next few weeks you will get more accustomed to the process. Do not rush. If you are light headed, it should be from joy, not from effort.

If you feel the NEED to deflate, you are reaching too far, too fast. Pump up a little, rest, pump up a little more, rest, pump up a little more (and each repeat should be a smaller increment of inflation). In that way, you "sneak up" on maximum inflation. The "rest" I advise is not just for your hand or your head, but for your penis head also.
Quester wrote:My pump build compresses and refills but it feels extra firm with each pump

Yes, as the back pressure of the inflated tubes increases, the pump bulb will require more force to compress it. Simple static hydraulics.

You are doing fine.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Mkonor

Postby Mkonor » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:21 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Quester wrote:1) When does it get easier to pump up you implant?

Do you know what a decay curve is? The difficulty of pumping will decay (get easier) over time and the decay curve levels off to reach a steady state. Mine took about 6 months. I believe there are three factors involved. First, you will develop a pumping technique which your hand will eventually develop the muscle memory to do with skill and dexterity. Second, your scrotum, as it heals and as it toughens (not "toughen", as in developing callouses, but as in just getting accustomed to the pressing) up. Third, the pump bulb and the inflatable tubes get softened/stretched over time. Sitting in a warm bath as you pump up helps the softening process.

Over time the decay curve reaches a steady state asymptotically.

Quester wrote:2) What did you do to help get used to pumping it up both your sack and squeezing?

I just proceeded gently and slowly. a few weeks put me in a comfortable zone.
Quester wrote:I was just activated yesterday and after soaking in a nice hot bath I thought I’d be ready to pump up. Maybe because my sack is still sore from the day before but I could only handle may a couple of pumps at a time then pause repeat. Maybe it was the hot water I was sitting in but the experience left me kind of light headed.

Over the next few weeks you will get more accustomed to the process. Do not rush. If you are light headed, it should be from joy, not from effort.

If you feel the NEED to deflate, you are reaching too far, too fast. Pump up a little, rest, pump up a little more, rest, pump up a little more (and each repeat should be a smaller increment of inflation). In that way, you "sneak up" on maximum inflation. The "rest" I advise is not just for your hand or your head, but for your penis head also.
Quester wrote:My pump build compresses and refills but it feels extra firm with each pump

Yes, as the back pressure of the inflated tubes increases, the pump bulb will require more force to compress it. Simple static hydraulics.

You are doing fine.

thank you for this
ED for 2 years.
AMS 700 ms. 21+2 rte.
implanted 10/09/2019 By Dr. Kramer

Toronto67

Postby Toronto67 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:41 pm

Welcome to the club!

I was implanted in July and have been pumping up twice a day for about 45 days, at the beginning the pump was also very hard and difficult to keep within my fingers as I squeezed it, now I developed sort of a technique to hold the pump as I squeeze it with both of my thumbs and it is working well, the pump is also softer that it was at the beginning.

Hot baths helped me a lot squeezing the pump and managing the pain in my penis, I still have some pain when pumped to all the way but at 90% it is perfect for sex and no pain.

Good luck in your journey
Born 1967, diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2016, prostatectomy performed in 2018, current PSA 0.10, implanted with LGX 700 on Jul 2019.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:33 pm

My replacement pump was much easier to squeeze than my original, right from the start.
Variations in either wall thickness or stiffness of the material batch by batch, I guess.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Bumble

Postby Bumble » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:47 am

for me question #1 was about 3 weeks after i was allowed to pump and for #2 practice practice practice. I would inflate and hold there and wife would ask what i was doing and i told her learning how to use the pump and cycling to get rid of the discomfort of stretching the tissues.
53, married 30 y, hypogonadal since 33, pills, rings, VED, Titan 23 cm March 2019

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:51 pm

My LGX packet had a DVD in it that had several different ways to inflate. You might want to watch that if you have one. I also found that doing partial pumps was easier than doing full pumps and waiting for the bulb to refill all the way. I mostly use the 2 hand method but after a year and a half I can use one hand now starting out until the pressure becomes a problem. I also now use the lower part of my thumb opposite my index and middle finger to pump. I have also found that there are parts of my scrotum that are really painful it have between my hand and the bulb while inflating. I just move the scrotum around a bit until I find a good spot.

Congrats and good luck. You have some work to do over the next 6-12 months and that work will in most cases have really good results.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:02 pm

it all gets better with time....good luck!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Return to “Implants”