Do the balls pain when scrotum shrinks with pump inside?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
indusvalley

Do the balls pain when scrotum shrinks with pump inside?

Postby indusvalley » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:16 am

Hey guys,

So today I woke up and went to the loo and as I looked down, I noticed that my scrotum was very small. I am a grower and my penis shrinks and grows, the same applies to my scrotum. The scrotum can become very light and baggy sometimes, and sometimes it's thick and shrunk. So my question is, what happens when I get an implant and during winters or generally, my scrotum becomes shrunk, does it become uncomfortable in the scrotum? Do the balls start to pain when the pump is pressing against the balls?
A young guy in his early 30s from South Asia. Implanted Titan 22cm by Dr. Tariq Hakky in Atlanta (Dec 2020). Amazing doctor! No pain during recovery. My size is 5.75” x 4.6” which is better than pre-OP size of 5.6” x 4.5”. Hoping to gain more in future.

mikestap

Re: Do the balls pain when scrotum shrinks with pump inside?

Postby mikestap » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:26 am

Everything will be fine. Your scrotum is acting normally and it will adapt to the presence of the pump.
64 Years. RALP 2013. Received 22cm Titan Dec 20, 2017 by Dr Hakky. See results at download/file.php?id=5320 and download/file.php?id=4754
Revision 3-25-21 24 cm XL No RTE

Bailey

Postby Bailey » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:15 am

I was implanted on 6/18/19. I expressed the same concern about my scrotum being too small for the implant. My scrotum also feels very small,thick, and tight in the morning. Some when it’s cold. Slightly lighter & baggy later in the day, and after my shower.I have absolutely no discomfort or pain when the pump is against the balls. mikestap is right on that everything will be fine. The only time I’ve had any discomfort is when inflating the pump, and I slip off the pump bulb and hit one of my balls. I’m now very careful about not slipping off the pump. No issues at all after 3 months. Good luck indusvalley, Bailey
77 yo with ED for over 20 years.Tried everything, & found injections were the only thing that worked.I am so grateful for FT. Was implanted 6/18/19 with a 18cm AMS LGX w 3.0cm RTE,100ml reservoir, infrapubic procedure by Dr. Richard Roach, “Bailey”

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:39 pm

I also have a fairly small sack. I interviewed 3 possible surgeons. One said it would be tight to have the implant, but do-able. The other 2 said it would be fine. I've had the implant for over a year now. Here are my results:

In warm weather, warm water, with a warm lap, whatever, my scrotum, like all men, relaxes and lets things "hang" a little more. On those occasions all the boys play nice and there is no discomfort. It's easy to use the pump, easy to find the deflate button, etc.

When my groin is cold or pulled in after heavy exercise, my scrotal skin gets much thicker. Normal response from the body. At these times there can be a little discomfort and I may play with the parts a little to get things positioned well. It doesn't really hurt, just some discomfort. After a year, I never even notice any discomfort now. Our bodies adapt fairly well. This colder state, however, makes it harder to inflate the implant for two reasons: 1) Since the skin is much thicker, you're pinching more with each push of your fingers. 2: It's harder to find a good way to get a firm enough grip on the pump to hold it tightly so that it won't slip between the fingers of the pumping hand. Both of these can be helped dramatically by pumping while your balls are fully immersed in hot water. The skin gets looser and thinner, and you can feel all the parts of the pump allowing you to grab hold more firmly. It also helps for finding and using the deflate button. My recommendation for the first couple months of inflation is to do it in a hot bath (as hot as you can stand it) every possible time. Make sure with your doctor first that getting in a hot bath is ok at the stage you are in. If that can't happen, stand in a very hot shower directed at your groin for several minutes and then inflate. Another alternative that several here like, but didn't work as well for me, is stuffing a heating pad into your groin on high heat for a while before inflation.

After I got used to inflation and my bulb get a little less stiff, the problem went away. I can inflate and deflate wherever and whenever I want.

So no real reason for worry. Early discomfort can be dealt with and later it all goes away anyway.

Good questions. I hope these answers help.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:13 pm

my scrotum use to shrink a lot as you describe, however, since the implant is seems not to shrink aas often or as much. About grower vs shower, you wont be aa grower any more, you will be a shower, always.
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

indusvalley

Postby indusvalley » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:30 am

Thank you for the replies, everyone! Quincy, I am just worried that a year or two down the road when I get married and it's winter season and we're making out, I brb to my wife and sit in a hot bath and then come out all wet and woody. Haha!

I am sure I will get used to pumping it when the scrotum is shrunk as you guys have gotten used to it. Thanks for clearing my concerns. You guys may have noticed that I am trying to ask questions with proper subject lines so that future ED folks can easily search them too if they have similar concerns. Without this community, just thinking of implant sent shivers down my spine and I was absolutely terrified. But now after reading the experiences of so many bionic brothers and also getting answers to my questions, I am becoming more comfortable with the idea of getting an implant with confidence.
A young guy in his early 30s from South Asia. Implanted Titan 22cm by Dr. Tariq Hakky in Atlanta (Dec 2020). Amazing doctor! No pain during recovery. My size is 5.75” x 4.6” which is better than pre-OP size of 5.6” x 4.5”. Hoping to gain more in future.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:11 am

I used to have lowhangers in my younger days, but over the years the sac tightened up so they hung about average. The pump never bothered me at all, even when I did my daily lap swimming and everything shrank in the cool water. Last fall I had cancer and part of my treatment plan was Lipton injections and a side affect is shrinking testicles. Mine all but disappeared and I started feeling uncomfortable with my balls very tight to the pump. As that drug has worn off my balls have started getting back to normal and that discomfort is gone. Admittedly my circumstances were different. You will probably be fine.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

andrew1959nj

Postby andrew1959nj » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:40 pm

My nuts were always sensitive. NO Sucking and no squeezing. I was very concerned about the boys gaining a 3rd brother. It was week 5 before I even touch the pump searching for the controls. There is something in my sac that when squeezed causes pain. But the pump itself never hurt. I sat very slowly for the first month post op. I'm now 4 months post op and all is ver good.
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

Return to “Implants”