Pump Question

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Snoozdoc

Pump Question

Postby Snoozdoc » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:08 pm

Firstly, Hello and Thank You all. This site has been insanely helpful!!

I was implanted on 9/12/19 with Colo 18+0. Recovery was a blast (not) but finally today I was able to venture out to walmart and Starbucks but had to hit the ice bag upon arriving home.

Anyway, long story short:

My pump feels like its almost outside of my scrotum. Kind of more in the perineal space. I can feel it, and it feels like a hard marble, and no way can i make out the deflate contraption. I onow That I’ve been told to tug it into place, but that kinda hurts and doesn’t seem to do much. Plus, the permanent residents don’t feel the desire to invite a third party.

I guess my question is: should I not be too concerned yet about this, or am I doing something wrong?

By the way, i live 7 hours from where i had implant placed, and haven’t even heard from surgeon since placement, which is frustrating in and of itself.

Thanks in advance!
Developed Type 1 at age 43. ED started about 4 years later (~2013). Pills quit working. Peyronie’s joined the circus. Finally coloplast 18+0 9/12/2019.

Lost Sheep

Re: Pump Question

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:16 pm

Peno-scrotal or pubic installation?

4 days post-op is pretty soon to be tugging on things, especially if your surgeon went in through the scrotum, but you don't want the pump to be permanently too high to manipulate (with either hand) conveniently.

You are right not to pull down hard enough to tear anything, but warming your scrotum in a hot bath and take a mild analgesic and keep working on preventing/separating the pump body from any scar adhesions seems like a good idea to me. This should slowly position the pump low enough to reach easily.

Call your surgeon on the phone if you cannot manage this in another few days.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Snoozdoc

Postby Snoozdoc » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:55 pm

Thanks for the quick response!

It was a penoscrotal approach.

Hopefully I’m just trying to move things along too quickly.

I do have a local urologist who will be conducting my follow-ups and teaching. He used to do these procedures in his previous practice, and we work closely together in the ORd. (I’m an anesthesiologist). But I don’t want to message him too often if I don’t need to, and this awesome forum allows me to here from people who lived through probably all the same fears. It’s pretty comforting.
Developed Type 1 at age 43. ED started about 4 years later (~2013). Pills quit working. Peyronie’s joined the circus. Finally coloplast 18+0 9/12/2019.

Snoozdoc

Postby Snoozdoc » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:17 pm

A little follow-up:

Visited with my local urologist. Agreed that pump was quite too high. He attempted to bring it down, but pain was excruciating. Being in the medical field as well, I suggested perhaps he try again with me put under anesthesia slightly. He agreed to this and we scheduled it for today (9/20/19).

It was highly successful, and the 7/10 pain i was having basically all the time is GONE!!! He mentioned that he could feel the early adhesions already tearing as he pulled. So there is no way I could’ve tolerated this in his office nor on my own.

So, I am quite pleased, and wanted to pass this information along in the hopes that it may help someone else who is also experiencing undo pain.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:25 pm

All you should be doing after surgery is applying ice packs to the scrotum so that the swelling and bruising will go away. That takes at least a week and a half. As to inflating and deflating on my second implant it took six weeks before he gave me the green light to start using it. Then like on my other threads, MS pump failure and had to have the partial revision. But the recovery was quick. The doctor gave the green light to start using it after three weeks, even though I was very cautious. Just started inflating and deflating, with some slow stroking of the penis because it will be very tender for a few weeks. Now after ten months it is perfect. Most beautiful dick a person can see. :o :D
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:33 pm

My pump was hanging low but I could feel it had some attachment to my right testicle. It took me about 2 months of massaging it in my hot tub to break it loose.

I think it helps also just to keep massaging your sac anyway to make sure everything stays free. I spent a lot of time pulling on my sac, working the tissue around the 2 boys in the sac with their new best friend to make sure nothing sticks to it.

My deflate button never did reorient itself from week 2 even after getting it free from the tissue. It is still pointing straight out from my body. I will say it makes it easier to get to. I just hope it does not put any stress on the tubing.

At over 6 months I really pay zero attention to the pump. My issue is the cylinders of the titan, although softer with every month still are a bit stiff. They do feel like a straw which is crushed flat.

Do not get me wrong. No complaints at all. Just my observation at 6 months. Positive is a straight dick with no peyronies curve when pumped and to be honest that is all I care about.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Return to “Implants”