Getting implanted next Wed. OMG

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
numansoon

Getting implanted next Wed. OMG

Postby numansoon » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:32 pm

Hi
This is such a great board. I am going to become part of the team next Wed. I am having a whole range of feelings but mostly really excited to take the plunge. I was first presented with the implant option 20 years ago to deal with some moderate peronies. At the time it seemed a bit of overkill. time passed I made due. about 10 yeas ago I came down with PC. I had robotic and my PSA is riding at 0. whew. At the time I got the usual info, in terms of using the pump, or the pills or the injections.(who that that was a good idea) or the MUSE "put what where" All and all nothing but buzz kills. So frankly i just let the notion of a sex life go. I survived, that was what was important. I am single and spent years not even bothering to try to date. I made a life for myself and it is pretty dam good. But lets face it I do feel I am on the margins sometimes. Last year I finally got a great urologist who did a great job of installing an AUS and for the first time I was dry and padless. It was life changing He said that after I was fully recouped I could-should consider an implant. I have a lot of confidence in his skill and attitude. So this leads to my making the bionic call.My worries are probably pretty typical, pain, function, anesthesia ect. But at the same time I am looking forward to getting back in the game. Even if I only sit on the bench it is better than being in the stands.
Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appricated.
PC of 10 years. Tried pills, tri-mix, and muse. About to get implanted LGX. Retired S. Florida

Smetro

Re: Getting implanted next Wed. OMG

Postby Smetro » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:19 pm

Please create a signature.....we all can then share knowledge and experiences
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:20 pm

Congrats! Sounds like you found a great doc you have faith in.

Lots of guys here can give you advice about what to expect throughout the recovery process.

Welcome to the group!
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

LeftCoaster

Postby LeftCoaster » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:22 am

Numansoon, I'm a relatively new bionic brother on here, but what I heard repeated often from older brothers was this is a good decision and it will get better over time. I'm on Day 18 of recovery, and nearly all swelling, bruising and pain (yes, unfortunately there's pain but ymmv) is gone and I'm extremely excited to have a rocket in my pocket again. I wish you well Wednesday, remember plenty of ice after and get in front of the pain and use the meds as directed. You're going to be fine, and back in the game soon! Excited? I know for me I am. Good luck!

Sam
61; ED caused by VL; Coloplast Titan 22cm Implant August 27, 2019 by Dr Karpman at El Camino Hospital, Los Gatos, CA

chonky

Postby chonky » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:35 am

5 mo. for me and it's still getting better.
65 Periodic ED since 20's due to venous leakage. Pills stopped working . Implanted 3/2012 removed 6/2012 in a"WTF Moment" after several complications. Re-implanted 4/5/19 AMS 700CX

trlewis35

Postby trlewis35 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:27 pm

I was implanted on July 24,20019, cleared for sex in August 26. I had minimal pain but plenty of uncomfortable. I’m about 98% now I would say and LOVING IT and so is my wife. First sex after implant and 3 strokes in I could tell by her reaction that we had made the right call. We are having sex 4-5 times a week so far. I’m imagine that will go down some but she says she loves my new HARD dick. Good luck to you and get in the game brother.
51yo type 1 diabetic 24 years ed issues started at about 45 pills only help a little now I use a vacuum pump to get erect enough for sex married 27 years. Implanted 7-24-19 with AMS 700 MS by Dr. Aaron C. Lentz

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:44 pm

It’s been a little over 2 years, and it still gets better.
Wishing you the best on Wednesday.
From my experience, the best post-op advice I can give is stay horizontal and use ice.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

marlow13

Postby marlow13 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:48 pm

I’m 9 days post op and all of the swelling is gone. Unfortunately there is still some lingering pain which I knew I was going to have from others on this forum. My doc left me I would guess about 30% inflated so I wear shorts and there is definitely a noticeable bulge that my wife enjoys looking at..lol...but really I have no idea how this is gonna turn out, but I believe I did the right thing....
58 y/o PCA 18 on March 2017. Biopsy 8.6 Gleason. Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer June 2017. Robotic Prostectomy Aug 2017. .02 at Follow ups so far. Implanted on 9/6/19 with AMS 700 CX 21+2 RTE's by Dr.Dean Knoll Urology Associates Nashville, TN.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:15 pm

You guys that just had the implant is a smart move in my opinion. You will feel like a man again. But it does take around four to six weeks to completely recover. First time implant you have to get the penis to get used to the cylinders that have been put inside and eventually it will feel as normal as could be. I love the LGX that was installed on my revision. It has given me girth and length. I know all you guys that just had either brand will be completely satisfied. Plenty of ice packs after surgery as often as possible and this goes on for about five days if I recall. Then the bruising and swelling will go away. Good luck with your bionic tool. :lol:
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

numansoon

Postby numansoon » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:34 am

In the surgical prep area. The adventure begins. Thanks for all the info and help. See ya on the bionic side.
PC of 10 years. Tried pills, tri-mix, and muse. About to get implanted LGX. Retired S. Florida

Return to “Implants”