Having issues with my implant, revised on 9/5

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
maximus

Having issues with my implant, revised on 9/5

Postby maximus » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:33 pm

So had my implant revised by Dr. Kramer and this is my surgery that he posted. https://youtu.be/93zY6a8ix2g. The big issue is that this new surgery did exactly the same thing as the old one in the video and it’s causing me pain like you wouldn’t believe. He obviously missed something major for it to do the same exact thing please need advice. I called and explained to him that it did the same exact thing. He didn’t want to see me until 9/25 even though I told him what happen because this happened before I know my body but don’t think he understands the issue that going on because he say she corrected it but it did it again even with his surgery. I need advice and guidance please.

Gt1956

Re: Having issues with my implant, revised on 9/5

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:45 pm

maximus wrote:So had my implant revised by Dr. Kramer and this is my surgery that he posted. https://youtu.be/93zY6a8ix2g. The big issue is that this new surgery did exactly the same thing as the old one in the video and it’s causing me pain like you wouldn’t believe. He obviously missed something major for it to do the same exact thing please need advice. I called and explained to him that it did the same exact thing. He didn’t want to see me until 9/25 even though I told him what happen because this happened before I know my body but don’t think he understands the issue that going on because he say she corrected it but it did it again even with his surgery. I need advice and guidance please.

Just my opinion. Dr. Kramer has a huge number of implants behind him. At this point in time I would suggest following his directions. It is only 3 more weeks. Take notes & write your questions down in clear words. That will make it easier to have a productive discussion with him.
Btw, I don't see a description of your problem in your post history. It is hard to give advice to someone without all of the story.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

maximus

Postby maximus » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:57 pm

Watch the video and the same thing he revised it for happened again there’s a bulge in my groin area because it’s the implant. I can’t wait I’m in too much pain because of it. I had to call his office and tell them again. I don’t think he realizes it did it again and missed something that wasn’t visible and caused the implant to do the same exact thing he revised the last one for.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:44 pm

Are the tips of the implant in your glans?
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:56 pm

I guess we'll have to wonder what the original problem was?
Was it the fact it looked small or do we need to guess what you meant.?
I don't watch surgery videos, but maybe the clue is in it?
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

maximus

Postby maximus » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Gt1956 wrote:Are the tips of the implant in your glans?

Only one side the other side is at the base of my penis.

young_and_impotent

Postby young_and_impotent » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:18 pm

How are you feeling now?
28 year old with severe lifelong ED.
Implanted in New Delhi on 26/12/19 with AMS CX (15x12) + 4cm RTE
Post op length 4.5 inches from ~ (5.5 to 6) inches. Disappointed!
Wish to have a revision to LGX some day.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:20 am

Please give us an update. Did you see the doc today? Have you been activated?

I hope it works out and you get the results you want.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:12 am

I know during my first week after the titan, even pumped up at 60 percent. My right cylinder was about a cm lower than my left. I still had a slight curve to the left at the glans back then as well.

Over time I got straighter and the right tip got further up into glans. Now at over 6 months I am pumping up still pretty much daily for about 30 minutes or so.

When I am up, right tip is almost even with the left one. Probably a mm if that off. The only one who would notice is me.

My main concern was tip placement. Did your tips get up into the glans and stay there.

If the cylinder collapsed and your tip dropped down into lower shaft and the cylinder will not expand. That should be something I would think your doc would discuss with you.

My tips now when flaccid drop down into my glans. When I pump up they go right back up where they should be.

Just wondering if you have any shaft degradation where the cylinders are placed. I guess if there is no tissue to hold cylinder in place that could cause them to drop as well. Not sure why the doc does not discuss with you.

Sad thing is with a doc who just does implants. They work to get the implant in. If it does not go well, not really there focus I guess.

That is one definite negative in not going local. The what if things go wrong. Who do I see. My urologist will not touch my implant. I chose another doc to do it. I can travel to go see him if something goes wrong. In my case the one I had do mine focuses on implants but his main practice is still peyronies and ed issues along with general urology.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Return to “Implants”