19 years old, Implant Surgery Scheduled

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
WindWizard

19 years old, Implant Surgery Scheduled

Postby WindWizard » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:20 am

Hello my FrankTalk friends!

I've got some exciting news! I'm happy to announce that I finally have my implant surgery date scheduled with Dr. Karpman for October 8th, 2019!

I've had a lot of reservations throughout this entire process, constantly second-guessing and doubting my decision to move forward with an implant. I kept wondering if I should move forward with an irreversible procedure or due to my youth, try to hold out for some miracle cure for ED to come along. And even once deciding I had to get it done, I've been constantly debating with myself over which doctor to chose, which implant model to chose, worried about risks of infections and revisions and just generally not getting it done right.

I had made up my mind I wanted Dr. Kramer, but due to insurance issues with him moving practices, it was potentially going to be a very long wait before I could get in with him. Possibly a year. I wrote to Dr. Kramer asking him what he thought of Karmpan and whether he thought I would be in good hands with him. Kramer wrote back saying,

Dr. Karpman is amazing- Best in the world level work, you are an excellent hands. Please mention that I referred you, he’s a very good friend of mine and he will take top care of you.

They call him “the best of the west!”

Thankfully, speaking with Doctor Karpman for an hour and asking all the questions I had to ask has made me feel very confident an secure in my decision. Karpman seems like an excellent guy; he's personable, easy to talk to, understanding and down to earth. He seemed very happy to share all of his knowledge and information with me, and he answered everything I threw at him.

Karpman certainly knows how to sell the infrapubic approach. he answered and addressed all of my doubts, and was very open with why he considers it the superior of the two methods. Karpman believes that the key to maintaining (and perhaps even gaining some) length after an implant is early and frequent cycling. This closely echoes what Eid advocates. Karpman says he'll deflate me to 70% after surgery, I'll spend the night in the hospital and then I can go home. The minimally invasive infrapubic approach allows for much faster recovery and Karpman has his patients begin cycling a week after surgery. Karpman promises me I could have sex at 21 days following surgery. I know other docs don't even let you start pumping till four weeks after surgery, so this sounds pretty great to me. The easier and less painful recovery combined with early activation of the implant and moving on with my sex life are all big pros for the infrapubic as far as I'm concerned.

For what it's worth, Karpman also believes that the infrapubic approach is probably less prone to infection, given that far more bacteria reside in the folds of your scrotum, than on the skin in your pubic area. He also believes the shorter surgery time during the infrapubic approach contributes to less infections.

Karpman told me he does a little over a 100 implant surgeries a year on average, not including the handful he does while travelling and educating during the year. He says that his surgeries on average take 24 minuets.

I can easily put to death the rumors prevalent on these forums that Karpman only implants AMS. He says he is very happy to implant either model and regularly implants both. He says that personally, he doesn't have a preference between the two, as they both have slight pros and cons he believes, and because he wants patients to be very satisfied, he let's them chose what brand of implant they want. He says the exceptions to this might be when a man with a huge penis wants an AMS, or a man with a very small penis wants a Titan, but for more middle of the road penises, such as what I have, he'll implant whatever I want.

As a result, I'm really going to have to think more about what kind of implant I want haha. My penis is about 6.5 inches long in a VED, but it's fairly thin, I think about 4.5 inches in girth. I also have downward curvature, about 45 degrees, but Karpman believed that either model of implant should straighten my penis out as I continue to cycle and the bottom of the penis stretches to be as long as the top. So I'm really not sure what I want to go with boys, maybe I"ll just wait till the surgery and ask Karpman to chose whatever he thinks I'll be most happy with.

I'm still scared... this is a big decision, and I will have to live with the consequences of it for the rest of my life. There will be no going back... but a life of severe erectile dysfunction is nothing to go back to. Yes there are always the risks of complications, and given my young age, I will probably need quite a few revisions going forward, and I'll definitely want to go with highly skilled surgeons for all of those to mitigate the increased infection rates.

I'm excited to join all of you guys, and I'm very much looking forward to a future where I can feel confident and secure in my ability to perform as well as, if not better than, any man. I can't wait to feel complete again.

I'm definitely going to keep you all updated after the surgery. I look forward to providing another detailed Journal on this website for all of those considering implants themselves. I'm hoping that my very young age can offer me a unique experience with the implant that will be good knowledge for everyone. With most implant surgeries being placed using the penoscrotal method, I also feel like more members with experience undergoing the infrapubic approach would be good information for everyone to have.

I love you all, thanks for helping and being there for me on this important Journey, and I look forward to joining the brotherhood. I'll keep you all updated!
20 years old. Severe ED for the past 5 years due to scar tissue.
Tried shockwave therapy in Greece, and PRP shot from Dr. Goldstein in San Diego. Both with no results.
Implanted with a AMS LGX 18cm + 2 RTEs, performed by Dr. Edward Karpman - 10/8/2019

GoodWood

Re: 19 years old, Implant Surgery Scheduled with Dr. Karpman!

Postby GoodWood » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:46 am

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. You’ve done the research so you are making a solid, informed decision. Thanks for sharing all that info with us.

It will be great to hear how it goes for you.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:57 am

Best wishes to you. For what it’s worth I believe you made the right decision to move forward. You could waste your life waiting for a different or better option. At your age you should heal well and quickly so you can move on. It’s a shame you have to deal with this at 19, but a blessing it is available so you can become whole.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

regor1965

Postby regor1965 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:01 am

Great news and information - Good Luck and keep us posted!
Male, 54 years old, ED issues since early 30's pills helped for many years, now give me headaches or do not work. Implant surgery 10/4/2019 by Dr. Frank Greskovich Pensacola, Florida.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:20 am

Congrats on your upcoming surgery! I’m confident a great sex life is in your future!

trlewis35

Postby trlewis35 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:54 am

Sorry to hear of your issue at such a young age but I believe you will LOVE it! My wife and I do and I’ve only been using it for a little over 2 weeks. Congratulations and enjoy it.
51yo type 1 diabetic 24 years ed issues started at about 45 pills only help a little now I use a vacuum pump to get erect enough for sex married 27 years. Implanted 7-24-19 with AMS 700 MS by Dr. Aaron C. Lentz

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:41 am

Congratulations on making the decision. I also went to Karpman and I'd be happy to answer questions of any kind. If you love your results as much as I do mine, you'll be a happy man.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

LeftCoaster

Postby LeftCoaster » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:47 pm

Hello, I recently (August 27th) had my Coloplast Titan implanted by Dr Karpman at the El Camino Hospital in Los Gatos. So far so good! Dr. K had 5 implants on the 27th (3 AMS, 2 Coloplast). I decided on Coloplast based on my research.

His staff are excellent. The team at El Camino Hospital top notch as well. I think I went under around 3:00 pm, and after recovery, was in my hospital room by 4:30. Dr. K checked in with me after my operation. The incision was less than the length of my thumb. There's also a separate tube inserted, very small, for drainage.

The first week was uncomfortable: swelling, bruising, and pain. Of course Dr Karpman will prescribe any pain killers necessary for you to manage the pain.

In the first week I confess to self doubts, but things get better. The first week a little tough, but as I've read often posted by other 'bionic brothers' it takes time but it will be worth it. On Day 11 things for much better, not sure why other than the healing process takes time. It was 2 weeks from today that I had my surgery, I cycle fully. The pain is negligible. I know I'm early in the process but I'm really excited about this process. I wish you well. I'm sure you'll have a great experience with him.

Good luck!
61; ED caused by VL; Coloplast Titan 22cm Implant August 27, 2019 by Dr Karpman at El Camino Hospital, Los Gatos, CA

FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:23 pm

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bigbadbrad

Postby bigbadbrad » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:42 pm

Great choice of Dr. Karpman. I am 77 years old now, had veinous leakage and had ED problems for about 8 years before deciding on the implant. About the time I was to have an implant locally I had to have a stent put in so with taking plavix for a year, it delayed my surgery. That year convinced to look elsewhere and I considered Dr. Kramer but finally decided to go west to Dr. Karpman who used the infrapubic method exclusively from what I could tell.

Surgery was 2/24/15, took about 30 minutes and I could not have been treated better anywhere.
Flew to San Jose and went to hospital day of surgery, had surgery about noon and stayed overnight until about 11 the next day. Dr. Karpman is a great man, patient, easy to talk to and let me choose the LGX version to try to regain length and girth. I lost about 2 inches but as he said, "pump, pump, pump." About a year later I was at 6" girth and 7.125 in length so I was really pleased. I still call his cell number on the anniversary of my surgery. I have no regrets at 77 years old and still use it about one to two times per week. My only drawback is that I am not as sensitive in the glans as I once was but that probably is due to age.

Good luck and God Bless. Dr. Karpman is the "best in the west." Also look into the archives for the report of The Hebrew Hammer who preceded me and could not say enough good things about his results with Dr. K. He really helped me decide on Karpman.

My best,

BBB
LGX 18 w/3 RT extenders 2/24/15 by DR.Edward Karpman in CA. ED caused by venous leakage for 10 years. Age 72. Home is Louisiana. Lost but regained by stretching, pumping. Now 7.25 x 5.75 and happy with results!!!

Return to “Implants”