Young man in 30s from Asia - 2 questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
indusvalley

Re: Young man in 30s from Asia - 2 questions

Postby indusvalley » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:45 am

BeardedMan wrote:When I was researching surgeons I was told more than 500-700 surgeries is what I should be looking for. Part of why I selected Kramer (i didn't know about his reputation or this site at the time) was because he was not tied to one brand of implant or one way of doing the procedure. This gave me the impression that he makes adjustments based on the patient and has the knowledge to adjust as well. Each patient is slightly different. Kramer had some issues placing the reservoir in me because of two previous hernia surgeries. He adjusted.

I will say that the first two weeks you are fairly uncomfortable so you want to at least fly business. You're going to want to be horizontal.

I have a Titan and my paperwork says they guarantee the device for life. I think the discount might not be the doctors fees but the cost of a new implant. Unless a doc has his own surgi-center (and I'd be wary of that) in the US it's very difficult for the doc to wave fees. Even if can wave his own that's not the biggest chunk. Facility fees and anesthesia cost as much if not more.

500-700 hundred is a lot. I hope the Dr Khaleeq has done this much. If not, then I am flying all the way to US to get it done by Dr. Kramer. I am in no rush to come back so I can comfortably stay in Maryland and then after a month or so when everything is good, I can fly back to Lahore. You guys living in US are lucky to have great doctors in your region.
A young guy in his early 30s from South Asia. Implanted Titan 22cm by Dr. Tariq Hakky in Atlanta (Dec 2020). Amazing doctor! No pain during recovery. My size is 5.75” x 4.6” which is better than pre-OP size of 5.6” x 4.5”. Hoping to gain more in future.

BeardedMan

Postby BeardedMan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:53 pm

I actually think it's a better plan to fly here if you don't have go back so quickly. I'm at 5 weeks now and could probably fly with no issues.
61 yo gay married; ED since 2000. Retooling on 8/8/19 by Dr Andrew Kramer. Titan 22cm plus 1cm extender.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:24 pm

A few thoughts. I believe that a visa to the USA is easier to get if it is for medical treatment. A visit to the American embassy would get you some guidance.
How is your spoken English? Just guessing that you might of learned the British version of English. The American version is a little different.
You might want to research to see if there is a Pakistani community near where you plan on staying. Not that it is a big factor but they might be able to help you understand the USA a little better. Not to worry, you'll get treated well either way.
If you do decide to come here? Do some research, Kramer is good. But there is probably a many more surgeons to consider. As a recent post states. Kramer knows & respects Dr. Karpman in California. Opposite coast from Baltimore. This sugery is specialized & most of the top surgeons know each other at least a little.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

indusvalley

Postby indusvalley » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Thanks BeardedMan and GT1956! I’ve actually visited US before and stayed a few months there, my English is good since it’s one of the official languages of my country. I wouldn’t want a Pakistani community around since this operation is considered super private and I don’t want conservatives talking about my dick. It feels uncomfortable. I guess I will have to stay at some AirBnb for a month or so, or maybe a 3 star hotel or a good motel in Maryland.

I’ve been to California but it’s far far away. Reaching US would require a connecting flight and then after landing to the East coast, I will have to get another flight to West coast. It will be exhausting and uncomfortable, which is why I prefer a doctor in the East cost ONLY IF Dr Khaleeq turns out to have done less operations or have less experience. So far what I’ve heard is that he’s the best in Pakistan and is a Fellow of the European Board of Sexual Medicines (FECSM). I have listed a series of questions that I will be asking him. I will meet him next month and update you all and then take feedback/suggestions from my bionic brothers on what next steps to take.

If you guys are curious about the questions I’ve listed down, see below. If I missed any, please feel free to mention them so I can add them to the list:

1. Will operation be done infra-pubic or scotrum?
2. Do I need to use vacuum device for a month or two before operation to try to maximise size before operation?
3. Will measurement of penis taken before operation?
4. How many surgeries do you perform on average every year? And how many have you performed total?
5. Is implant kept at 70-80% inflatable after surgery?
6. After how many weeks post surgery is the implant fully activated?
7. How deep does the tip of implant go inside the glans?
8. Do you have any patient who got a 3 piece implant that I can talk to?
9. Do your patients recover full length and grith after cycling after surgery?
A young guy in his early 30s from South Asia. Implanted Titan 22cm by Dr. Tariq Hakky in Atlanta (Dec 2020). Amazing doctor! No pain during recovery. My size is 5.75” x 4.6” which is better than pre-OP size of 5.6” x 4.5”. Hoping to gain more in future.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:51 pm

I understand your concerns. We all like privacy. Nice that you have visited before.
Major cities can be expensive to stay in some times. I think that it is a short distance to get into Pennsylvania. A 3 star motel in a modest sized city might be a good choice.
My son was in the Seattle area a month ago. He used Uber instead of renting a car or using a taxi. Worked very well for him.
I think that you can do this. Best of luck to you.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:43 pm

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 12 times in total.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:52 pm

Would you mind substantiating your statement that longer cylinders will provide more girth.
I've never seen that.

I just noticed your chart about the Titan.
I didn't know that.
I don't find that with AMS.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:57 pm

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:29 pm

I think he probably meant the rte issue. More rtes, the less the inflatable portion you have available. I guess that if you had a lot of rtes it is possible the lower part of the implant might not inflate.

I would hope no doc would put so many rtes in that you would have non inflatable parts in the actual shaft of the penis.

Of course it has probably happened. As my doc said. No rtes is the best option. They are necessary if he cannot get the next size in or if tubing placement for your body requires them.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

indusvalley

Postby indusvalley » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:04 am

FMLFML85 wrote:Your questions look great. I would also ask the surgeon what implant he prefers to use and also would he let you pick your own implant. There are 2 brands coloplast and AMS. Coloplast has the titan while AMS has the LGX and CX. The AMS implants have less sizes available and often require more RTE (rear tip extender) then the Titan.

The Titan comes in 14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28 cm cylinders while the lgx comes in 12,15,18,21 and the CX comes in 12,15,18,21 and 24 cm but your surgeon will have to special order for the 24 cm CX implant. Having more sizes available allows for a better fit for the patients length. The RTEs are used to make up the remaining length that the implant didn’t fill. Two of the reasons RTEs are bad is because they are rigid and the implant will bend where it connects to them. This means instead of the implant going several cm into your body cavity it will start closer to the surface of your body and it will bend easier at the base of your penis. Another thing is that the longer the implant used the more girth it has. So if you used a 18 cm implant with 2 cm of RTEs it will have less girth then a 20 cm implant. The titan not only offers more sizes but also claims to add the most girth.

The LGX expands length wise the most of all the implants. This may help you return to your original size better then the other implants. It also may provide a more natural looking flaccid compared to the other implants because it’s smaller when flaccid. The LGX comes in the least amount of sizes because after a certain length it has been found to proved less rigidity then the Titan or CX. Your surgeon may chose a CX implant if your are to long for a LGX instead of using a Titan because they may like working with the size incriminates the AMS implants have. You should ask your surgeon if he will have several sizes of implants available in the surgery room so he dosnt end up using a short implant and adding a bunch of RTEs to make up the difference.

Here’s some charts of the 3 kinds of implants. The titan chart shows how the girth increases with the length of implant and also that the titan goes up in incriminates of 2 cm. The other graphs shows the available sizes of the AMS implants.

Thanks so much, FMLFML85! I've always wanted to know about the different implants and the information was scattered all over the place. You did a great job summarizing everything so well that I understood everything easily. After doing my own research and after reading your comment, I want to go for LGX because of its better flaccid state and the fact that it expands in length to get back to the original length. I am only 5.6" when hard so I don't want to risk losing any length, my girth will be fine with LGX I guess since I have an average penis. I am still single and don't want my post-implant hard flaccid dick to stand out when I wear jeans or khaki pants like I think it will do if I get a Titan. I was thinking that pre-connected LGX implant would probably last longer because it has fewer failure points but I think at the end of the day it's better to let an experienced doctor decide that.

Return to “Implants”