Implant today - 9/5/19

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
trlewis35

Re: Implant performed by Dr. Kramer today - 9/5/19

Postby trlewis35 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:45 pm

Later in the day after my surgery I pushed for the nurses to get me up to walk so I could get the inflatable leg things off. When I went to get up I needed some help no because I couldn’t but because of all the stuff attached to me and fear of pain. My wife and nurse assisted me and it wasn’t really a problem but I did use my upper body. I took a nice walk and the nurses removed the leg things. I was implanted by Dr. Lentz at Duke Raleigh and I have had minimal pain and for a while reasonable discomfort. I’m about a month and a half out from surgery. On August 26th was okayed for sex and wow. My wife loves it and so do I. Hopefully you will have a similar experience.
51yo type 1 diabetic 24 years ed issues started at about 45 pills only help a little now I use a vacuum pump to get erect enough for sex married 27 years. Implanted 7-24-19 with AMS 700 MS by Dr. Aaron C. Lentz

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:21 pm

Funny but on my night in a hospital, I was trying to sleep and a night nurse put the vibrator on my legs.
I finally had to ask that they be removed.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

readyforchange

Postby readyforchange » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:21 pm

Update:

Thanks guys! So I spoke with Dr. Kramer. I was implanted with an AMS LGX 700 21cm w 0.5 rte. After the catheter was removed, I had some trouble urinating (note: I have an overactive bladder). Dr. Kramer said, “when you’re read to urinate, you’ll urinate.” Sure enough, after downing a ton of water and coffee, I urinated. Fortunately - because I went to his office and was on the verge of having a catheter put in because I could not go.

My urinating has been drips and drabs. Still some pain around the reservoir and bladder area. Scrotum is swollen. Otherwise no issues. On the way home, i couldn’t hold my bladder - I have trouble emptying many times - and I ended up setting myself by virtue of the volume I had in my bladder.

Anyhow, Dr. Kramer said all went well. The one issue was a left curve from Peyronies. It was more substantial than I think I even though. He did some modeling. Believes that cycling should help it and if I’m not where I want to be a year or so down the line, grafting is an option. But the curve will not - as it is presently - interfere with intercourse.
32, ED stemming from spinal meningitis in 2008. Thereafter used pills with little success. Injections were cumbersome and I developed Peyronies. On 9/5/19, implant performed by Dr. Kramer.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:56 pm

You got exactly what I wanted My doc misguidedly, I think, won't put in LGX if 18cm or more.
Who know why he loves RTEs. The CX drives me crazy with its kink and demand for constant attention.

If I need a revision or replacement, I'll get what I want even if I need to travel to my hometown.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

peyroniesjr

Postby peyroniesjr » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:36 am

Good luck I wish you the very best & hope the curve goes away, if Xiaflex does not work for me, the will be my next option!

Keep us posted & heal fast!

Junior
Implant Titan 2/21/2020 / 67 yrs / Married 44 yrs /ED / Peyronies 70 degrees - Xiaflex/ Low T / & RALP 4/1/2019 (Nerve Sparing)

readyforchange

Postby readyforchange » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:06 am

Thank you!

Questions for you guys:

1. I want to shower. Soap and shampoo okay? Couldn’t remember the instructions from Dr. Kramer; and

2. I have not had a bowel movement in 4ish days. Granted I only have one every other or every 3rd day (post-meningitis symptom). Any advice? I’ve taken the stool softener but there hasn’t been anything to soften!
32, ED stemming from spinal meningitis in 2008. Thereafter used pills with little success. Injections were cumbersome and I developed Peyronies. On 9/5/19, implant performed by Dr. Kramer.

Bigred

Postby Bigred » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:19 pm

Check your discharge papers for post surgery instructions. I showered the 2nd day after surgery. Just made sure not to scrub the incision area. If you haven’t had a bowel movement, you may want to try a laxative or call Kramer for advice.
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

trlewis35

Postby trlewis35 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:00 pm

I believe I could take a “back shower” on the third day. That’s no direct water and no scrubbing the incision area. I was around 4 days for a movement with assistance from pills.
51yo type 1 diabetic 24 years ed issues started at about 45 pills only help a little now I use a vacuum pump to get erect enough for sex married 27 years. Implanted 7-24-19 with AMS 700 MS by Dr. Aaron C. Lentz

readyforchange

Re: Implant today - 9/5/19

Postby readyforchange » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:39 pm

Hi All:

Today is the 5th day (including the date of surgery) since the implant.

I was left slightly pumped - maybe 30-35%? Length looks good. My testicles, scrotum, penis, and groin are still pretty bruised. Appears to be dissipating some...finally.

I finally had a bowel movement yesterday (two of them) and one today!

My abdominal area is really taking a beating. I am so sore around there. Difficult to walk or move around much. My core took a beating...also did not help that I was fairly thin. My stomach, which became extremely distended and swollen immediately following surgery, has started to shrink down to its normal size - slowly but surely.

I don't know whether I should be "up-tucking" my penis into my boxer's waistline or just letting it hang. Any advice?

vajim1

Re: Implant today - 9/5/19

Postby vajim1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:23 am

Keep it pointed up aimed toward your belly button until your Doc. tells you it is okay to move it down. Jim
76 year old fart. Prostate removed Oct. 9, 2017,Psa 30 days after .15 next Psa .2. 37 Radiation treatments for recurrent cancer, 1 year out Psa .033 ZERO ERECTIONS, implanted Sept 5 2019 Dr. Lentz Duke Raleigh N.C. Titan 22cm.

Return to “Implants”