Anyone from Europe ?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rpd177

Anyone from Europe ?

Postby rpd177 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:33 am

Hi all,

Did anyone from Europe did the implantsurgery with Dr. Eid in NYC ?

I am from the Netherlands and despite the distance i think Dr. Eid is the best option..

I was wondering how long it is needed to stay in a hotel in New York and also if i will need to return to New York to remove the stitches & the catheter ( and possibly also after 3 weeks to get instructions on inflating/deflating)

Since i am not very in mood to travel numerous times to New York i was wondering if he has some kind of partnership with a hospital in Europe OR if i will simply need to stay a couple of weeks in New York

Also, i would really appreciate if somebody can share his experience about the anesthesia procedure with Dr. Eid , because i am extremely scared to notice anything and i would prefer to stay completely knocked out for a couple of hours.

Thanks!

Mkonor

Re: Dr. Eid ... anyone from Europe ?

Postby Mkonor » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:00 am

search for user: softtohard . he recently got an implant from Dr Eid and he lives in Europe. you can send him a message. he is very nice and always willing to help
ED for 2 years.
AMS 700 ms. 21+2 rte.
implanted 10/09/2019 By Dr. Kramer

Jamesmj

Postby Jamesmj » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:05 am

Hello

You just have to stay there 3 to 5 days after the surgery. In these days they will remove the catheter, activate and show you how to inflate/deflate. You can then fly back home and get the stitches removed at home some days later

James
James. 38 yo. Lifetime ED. Tried pills, injections, and therapy.
Implanted 03/29/18 Titan 22cm with Dr. Eid

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:18 pm

I suspect that Dr Eid doesn't use removable stitches?
I really don't know, but mine self destruct.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:38 pm

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SeaCapt

Postby SeaCapt » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:48 pm

I travelled to NY for Dr. Eid. Minimum hotel stay is probably 4 nights, maybe 3 if your flight times out just right.
I arrived NYC on Monday evening, Tuesday morning surgery, Wed/Thur in bed, then flew home on Friday.

He also does the surgery on Fridays, which allow you to fly home on Monday.

He seals the scrotal incision with both glue and regular stitches, so you can take lots of hot baths, which you will want to do for pain relief. He will also give you an envelope with a disposable scalpel, steri-strips and antisceptic for removing the stitches, along with a nice letter for whatever local Dr. you get to remove them. Of course, you can easily remove them yourself, which is what I ended up doing. Plenty of short youtube videos out there showing how to do it correctly- its no big deal, and you feel nothing.

You also get instructions and a syringe for removing the catheter on day 2 or 3, which was effortless and painless.

Presuming you are comfortable finding the deflate button, you are encouraged to start cycling as early as day 3, so no need to go back and learn anything.
No follow-up appointments needed.

As for anesthesia, I was given something like an epidural. I remember sitting on the table, the doc put his hand on my shoulder, and the next thing I remember I was in the recovery room. I felt no pain, no awareness of anything, just perfect.
56. RARP for prostate cancer in Feb. 17, then no-go with pills, injections, vacuum, so here I am. Titan 20cm by Dr. Eid on 8/6/19, cycling on Day 4, stitches out Day 14, sex with a grateful wife on Day 20. And 21, 22, 23, etc.

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:00 pm

rpd177 wrote:Hi all,

I am from the Netherlands and despite the distance i think Dr. Eid is the best option..

I was wondering how long it is needed to stay in a hotel in New York and also if i will need to return to New York to remove the stitches & the catheter ( and possibly also after 3 weeks to get instructions on inflating/deflating)

Since i am not very in mood to travel numerous times to New York i was wondering if he has some kind of partnership with a hospital in Europe OR if i will simply need to stay a couple of weeks in New York

Also, i would really appreciate if somebody can share his experience about the anesthesia procedure with Dr. Eid , because i am extremely scared to notice anything and i would prefer to stay completely knocked out for a couple of hours.

Thanks!

I'm from Europe, but live on the other side of the planet from US, in SE Asia. Travelled to have my surgery done with Dr. Eid.
All is documented here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6010
It was all worth it. Had great results. I am closing in on 4 years now since the surgery, and all is good.
I stayed for three weeks in NY, which is much longer than anyone else above here has done. This for a few specific reasons you can read about in my thread linked above.

But basically, my recovery was a bit slower because of:

- More trauma than normal. Eid started off by inserting 22 cm implant. Found it didn't reach as far into the glans as it could. Removed it, attached 1 cm RTEs, inserted it again and found there was still room for more. So he removed the whole thing again, threw it in the bin, and inserted a 24 cm implant. All good. But more trauma due to basically three surgeries in one. But he wanted the best for me and I am happy for that. I doubt anybody else would have done this. Most would have settled for the first setup and just left it that way.

- Prior surgery (sclerotherapy) which made draining capacity worse and hence longer recovery time

- Money no issue. I could afford to stay and didn't mind a couple of weeks in New York

- Social issues... Had friends visiting over New Year's back home. Didn't want to come home and walking around like an 80 year old, lying on the sofa, having no desire to go out and ski, ice skating etc. Without a good explanation. So the excuse was I was forced to go on a business trip, but I just relaxed in NY... Eid wanted me to stay 7-10 days because of my slow recovery. He wanted to make sure I had no infection. After about 7-10 days he said he was sure there was no infection, and thought I should go home. But as said, it was no good timing to come home at that time.
Normally, I think he wants his overseas patients to stay just a few days.

Regarding anesthesia, I got an injection before surgery. Then don't remember shit till after surgery.

Catheter: Most remove it by themselves. But since I was still there in a hotel 300 m from his clinic, I just went there and had one of his nurses do it. Felt nothing, no pain whatsoever. Could easily have done it myself.

To summarize: It is my conviction that if you go with Eid, there is nobody better you could have chosen. Maybe somebody equally good (maybe), but nobody better. You will have given yourself the maximum chance of getting a good result. Maintain length, no nerve damage, great pump placement.

Good luck.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:18 pm

There are a quite s few journals of persons who flew to NYC for eid. I remember some flew home in just a few days and some stayed for a week or so.

You might search eid and see who pops up. He does have the procedure down pretty good and barring any issues probably a top choice for flying in from overseas.

I ended up taking my own stitches out. I just soaked in tub and softened them up untied them and pulled them out. Saved a 3 hour drive back to doc.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

rpd177

Postby rpd177 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:56 am

Thanks all for your comments. I feel quiet relieved by your comments .

Especially, because i will probably not need to stay a whole lot of time in New York and also that the pain will probably be less worse than i was imagining.

I think there are still ways for me to use more pills/ injections and also to do some more tests like the Doppler etc... but i feel extremely tired of worrying about this for many years and looking for solutions..

So i guess the implant is the only solution for me to solve my problem and move on with my live :)

I will create courage now to book the video appointment with Dr. Eid...

rpd177

Postby rpd177 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:17 pm

merrix wrote:
rpd177 wrote:Hi all,

Thanks!

I'm from Europe, but live on the other side of the planet from US, in SE Asia. Travelled to have my surgery done with Dr. Eid.
All is documented here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6010
It was all worth it. Had great results. I am closing in on 4 years now since the surgery, and all is good.
I stayed for three weeks in NY, which is much longer than anyone else above here has done. This for a few specific reasons you can read about in my thread linked above.

But basically, my recovery was a bit slower because of:

- More trauma than normal. Eid started off by inserting 22 cm implant. Found it didn't reach as far into the glans as it could. Removed it, attached 1 cm RTEs, inserted it again and found there was still room for more. So he removed the whole thing again, threw it in the bin, and inserted a 24 cm implant. All good. But more trauma due to basically three surgeries in one. But he wanted the best for me and I am happy for that. I doubt anybody else would have done this. Most would have settled for the first setup and just left it that way.

- Prior surgery (sclerotherapy) which made draining capacity worse and hence longer recovery time

- Money no issue. I could afford to stay and didn't mind a couple of weeks in New York

- Social issues... Had friends visiting over New Year's back home. Didn't want to come home and walking around like an 80 year old, lying on the sofa, having no desire to go out and ski, ice skating etc. Without a good explanation. So the excuse was I was forced to go on a business trip, but I just relaxed in NY... Eid wanted me to stay 7-10 days because of my slow recovery. He wanted to make sure I had no infection. After about 7-10 days he said he was sure there was no infection, and thought I should go home. But as said, it was no good timing to come home at that time.
Normally, I think he wants his overseas patients to stay just a few days.

Regarding anesthesia, I got an injection before surgery. Then don't remember shit till after surgery.

Catheter: Most remove it by themselves. But since I was still there in a hotel 300 m from his clinic, I just went there and had one of his nurses do it. Felt nothing, no pain whatsoever. Could easily have done it myself.

To summarize: It is my conviction that if you go with Eid, there is nobody better you could have chosen. Maybe somebody equally good (maybe), but nobody better. You will have given yourself the maximum chance of getting a good result. Maintain length, no nerve damage, great pump placement.

Good luck.

Hi Merrix,

thanks for sharing your story !

I have started reading your topic and what was very interesting to me is to
see that you were in doubt - just like i am now- whether it was the right time to go for the implant.

I have the same feeling, i have been using pills for many years and thanks to those pills i am able to have sex, but the quality is just bad.

About 8 years ago i went to a urology center to check testosterone and other
possible issues and solutions and i was told that my ED was probably psychological ( without checking for venous leaks etc). I think they didn't took me serious because i was only 28/29 years old..

I could see my doctor again , but since i am very tired of worrying about this for so many years i think the only solution is the surgery... i mean at this moment ( after 15 years of worrying), to me it actually doesn't matter anymore what the actual cause is, i just want to get things fixed, without using pills/injections or therapies for the many many years..

btw.. when you got back at home after 3 weeks, were you able to see friends without looking like an 80-year old ?

I would also like to keep the cirurgy as private as possible, therefore i could also think about staying in NYC a few more days :)

Return to “Implants”