VED USAGE

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Magicmike

VED USAGE

Postby Magicmike » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:46 pm

I've read a lot of post about VEDS. I'm getting implanted in December what is is correct usage per day should I use this device. Meaning how long should I stay erect also how many times do I repeat the same step per day. Any advice would be appreciated

SeaCapt

Re: VED USAGE

Postby SeaCapt » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:56 pm

I only used it about 5x per week, 15-20 minutes, to prevent atrophy.
I've also read about guys that used it twice a day for 30 minutes religiously. And other guys that never used one and didn't lose anything, either...
56. RARP for prostate cancer in Feb. 17, then no-go with pills, injections, vacuum, so here I am. Titan 20cm by Dr. Eid on 8/6/19, cycling on Day 4, stitches out Day 14, sex with a grateful wife on Day 20. And 21, 22, 23, etc.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:10 pm

There are two studies mentioned in FrankTalk that I found credible (both were published in peer-reviewed medical journals used by physicians all over the world).

As I recall,

Both recommended 60 days pre-op therapy as a minimum.

One rcommended 30 minutes once or twice a day pumping up to a full erection inside the cylinder and holding there (DO NOT OVER-PUMP!) and noting the size you get for record keeping purposes.

The other recommened 30 minutes once or twice a day pumping up to a full erection inside the cylinder, holding for less than minute, releasing the vacuum to return to a flacccid state and then repeating for the 30 minutes.

The former is easier to do. The latter has the advantage of flushing blood through your erectile tissues. Both tend to restore or maintain elasticity of your penile tissues and size.

Recently lost size MAY be recoverable, but long-time lost size, not so much.

Links to both studies have been supplied several times in FrankTalk, but I don't have them at the moment. Sorry. Do a search and you will find them, I am sure.

EDIT: I re-found this. I hope these are informative and helpful.

http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ASM_2013012514045982.pdf

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24506138

See also this thread

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11516
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:51 pm

I did traction and ved both. Hated doing both of them but did them for about 8 months before my implant.

It helped get some elasticity back though so I would recommend both. The size in traction was pretty much equal to my pre surgery stretch size. Ved size was not.

Ved pumped up size was about .5 inches more than my traction stretch length.

They both do different things. Traction stretches but does not inflate. Ved inflates and engorges pulling blood into the tissue.

Just be careful and do not get carried away. Last thing you want to do is hurt yourself before an implant.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Return to “Implants”