How Hard is your AMS LGX

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.

Moderator: DaveKell

Bandit
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 7:27 am
Location: Rhode Island

Re: How Hard is your AMS LGX

Postby Bandit » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:32 pm

Fully pumped.....harder than superman’s kneecap !
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Lost Sheep
Posts: 2517
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Re: How Hard is your AMS LGX

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:47 pm

Let's not be hyperbolic, guys.

Fully pumped, the worst inflatable implant is equally as stiff or stiffer than the most rigid natural erection. That should be enough said on the matter, excepting anecdotal testimony.

As for my testimony: I have an LGX which gives me a 6 inch erection. I recall that the erections in my teenage years into my early 20s wherein my erections were so robust that I could not urinate until they went down. I recall vividly the amount of strain in my glans. My implant-induced erections do not close of my urethra, but the strain on my is just as intense or more. I never tried to hang a bath towel on my erection before, but I can now, even though the angle of my erection is not as high, it is enough.
Lost Sheep
Born 1948 AMS LGX 18+3 implant Nov 6, 2017 by Dr Tavis Shaw. Spent 14 months researching in effort to optimize outcome. After 30 yrs of progressive unrecognized ED I will do this RIGHT; no second chance with one's first.
Anchorage AK, USA

Greg1956
Posts: 1405
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:35 am
Location: Atlanta, GA USA

Re: How Hard is your AMS LGX

Postby Greg1956 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:17 am

My AMS700LGX is harder than my natural erections were when I was young. My wife and I both felt it was too hard and we prefer it pumped to about 75%. That still leaves it very hard for sex.

Prior to making my decision I met with a guy who had an AMS and another who had a Titan. I could not feel any difference in their hardness.

After I was fully healed from my implant surgery I did a show and tell for a guy who had been installed with a Titan and he needed to have it replaced. He thought he wanted an AMS, but was concerned about the firmness. We both pumped up and agreed there was no noticeable difference in the hardness of either of our cocks.
I am 63 and had 30 years of ED. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS LGX 18cm w/3cm RTE via a Penoscrotal incision. Currently 5 1/2”deflated and 6 1/2” inflated, with 5.5” girth.

marlow13
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: How Hard is your AMS LGX

Postby marlow13 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:11 pm

Bandit wrote:Fully pumped.....harder than superman’s kneecap !
Bandit


I see you had a robotic prostatectomy like me. Did your surgeon have difficulty with placing the reservoir because of abdominal scaring?
53 y/o. PCA 18 on March 2017. Biopsy 8.6 Gleason. Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer June 2017. Robotic Prostectomy Aug 2017. .02 at Follow ups so far. Implanted on 9/6/19 with AMS 700 CX 21+2 RTE's by Dr.Dean Knoll Urology Associates Nashville, TN.

mikestap
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:19 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: How Hard is your AMS LGX

Postby mikestap » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:17 pm

marlow13 wrote:
Bandit wrote:Fully pumped.....harder than superman’s kneecap !
Bandit


I see you had a robotic prostatectomy like me. Did your surgeon have difficulty with placing the reservoir because of abdominal scaring?


My surgeon had trouble placing the reservoir for this very reason. It is visible on my right side as a result.
60 Years old. RALP in 2013. Received a Titan implant by skilled doc on Dec 20, 2017. Results can be viewed at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8524&start=540. I’m about three-quarters scroll down the page.
22 cm No RTE

Bionic Richard
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:23 pm
Location: OKC, OK

Re: How Hard is your AMS LGX

Postby Bionic Richard » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:59 pm

Fully pumped it's harder than a natural erection. You can hang a damp bath towel from it! Lol
Wife prefers about 70% for oral and 90% for penetration.
100% for rough sex. Adjust for feel!!
Dr had no problem implanting reservoir inside abdominal cavity right side.
I also had an RALP.
1957 model, married 27yr first time 6 yr present,10/16 Retired,12/16 PSA 4.9, 1/17 Biopsy, 2/17 Gleason 4+3, 3/17 Robotic Prostatectomy, 4/17 PSA nondecetable, Penile therapy, pills/VED/Trimix, 5/25/18 AMS 700 LGX 21cm 3cm RTE.

merrix
Posts: 847
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:08 am

Re: How Hard is your AMS LGX

Postby merrix » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:02 am

Of course a majority of people having the LGX will testify it is hard as steel rod. Science doesn't agree though.
These guys tested "two functions of the implants during intercourse, which are penetration (longitudinal column rigidity) and horizontal lie of the penis (horizontal rigidity)."

Read for yourselves, but here is a quote from their results:
"Both the longitudinal compression and horizontal rigidity tests show that the Coloplast Titan is more resistant to longitudinal and horizontal forces especially at lower pressures (fill volumes). Importantly, the Coloplast Titan is less sensitive to changes in fill pressures, which may represent superior real-world performance as individual use varies with respect to fill volume and pressure achieved by the patient."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5654325/
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted 151215
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Greg1956
Posts: 1405
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:35 am
Location: Atlanta, GA USA

Re: How Hard is your AMS LGX

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:19 am

merrix wrote:Of course a majority of people having the LGX will testify it is hard as steel rod. Science doesn't agree though.
These guys tested "two functions of the implants during intercourse, which are penetration (longitudinal column rigidity) and horizontal lie of the penis (horizontal rigidity)."

Read for yourselves, but here is a quote from their results:
"Both the longitudinal compression and horizontal rigidity tests show that the Coloplast Titan is more resistant to longitudinal and horizontal forces especially at lower pressures (fill volumes). Importantly, the Coloplast Titan is less sensitive to changes in fill pressures, which may represent superior real-world performance as individual use varies with respect to fill volume and pressure achieved by the patient."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5654325/


Merrix,
I truly respect your knowledge, but you never seem to allow a guy with an AMS to share his experience without presenting more scientific facts. When my AMS gets so hard it hurts my wife and is uncomfortable for me, why in the world would I care if a Titan can get harder? A man I know with a Titan switched to an AMS is is much happier. Can’t we just agree they are both good products and we can all be happy?
I am 63 and had 30 years of ED. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS LGX 18cm w/3cm RTE via a Penoscrotal incision. Currently 5 1/2”deflated and 6 1/2” inflated, with 5.5” girth.

merrix
Posts: 847
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:08 am

Re: How Hard is your AMS LGX

Postby merrix » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:34 am

I’ll telll you my purpose.
I believe the major benefits of this site are:
1-People who consider getting an implant can get unique input and it can help them make a good decision. I certainly got helped by this site in that respect.
2-guys having an implant and having some issue/doubt. Here they can get help understanding if they really have a problem or if it’s just normal.

So, with reference to the first point, I think that when the question in this thread is asked, the comparison between the two brands is obviously interesting. If there is a scientific study which has researched this question, how can it be in any way wrong to refer to it here???
Aren’t we supposed to share knowledge, experience and research here?
Anyone who reads this will have both personal experiences and research to refer to when building knowledge and forming an opinion. I just don’t see any problem with that. Referring to published research as an answer to a question can never be wrong. And I will continue to do it anytime I can.

I know some people don’t like that apparently, but I do. And there’s room here for all of us. And we all choose what we put more weight to when we read here. We’re all different.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted 151215
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Greg1956
Posts: 1405
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:35 am
Location: Atlanta, GA USA

Re: How Hard is your AMS LGX

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:15 am

merrix wrote:I’ll telll you my purpose.
I believe the major benefits of this site are:
1-People who consider getting an implant can get unique input and it can help them make a good decision. I certainly got helped by this site in that respect.
2-guys having an implant and having some issue/doubt. Here they can get help understanding if they really have a problem or if it’s just normal.

So, with reference to the first point, I think that when the question in this thread is asked, the comparison between the two brands is obviously interesting. If there is a scientific study which has researched this question, how can it be in any way wrong to refer to it here???
Aren’t we supposed to share knowledge, experience and research here?
Anyone who reads this will have both personal experiences and research to refer to when building knowledge and forming an opinion. I just don’t see any problem with that. Referring to published research as an answer to a question can never be wrong. And I will continue to do it anytime I can.

I know some people don’t like that apparently, but I do. And there’s room here for all of us. And we all choose what we put more weight to when we read here. We’re all different.



Metric,
I do not disagree with you. As I said in my prior message, I respect your knowledge on this topic. My response regards your approach. When you start out with the comment that guys with AMS implants will tell you how hard they are, but here are the facts, it comes across like those of us who said our AMS gets really hard are lying. All you would have had to say is “Here is a scientific study you may want to read.”

As you mentioned, we are all different. The implant that was the best choice for you and your body may not have been the best choice for me or other guys here. I never say anything negative about Titans because I think they are great, especially for men who have larger penises. But for me the AMS700LGX has been perfect.

I am not against you in any way. Actually, I have often enjoyed reading things you have posted.
I am 63 and had 30 years of ED. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS LGX 18cm w/3cm RTE via a Penoscrotal incision. Currently 5 1/2”deflated and 6 1/2” inflated, with 5.5” girth.


Return to “Implants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Holl2305 and 5 guests