Q and A about glands.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Rawness1111

Q and A about glands.

Postby Rawness1111 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:52 am

1st congrats to those of you whom have wonderful sex lives with implants. Second, those of you whom have been implanted. I hear discussion about soft glands alot. My specialty or what I love to do is hit that back wall in the pussy but as we all know you gotta have the dick size and be able to take the back wall feeling. So, for those whom have enough size after inplant does it hurt to hit that back wall or the bottom of the pussy as they say? :roll:
32 yrs old. Newly developed ed with divorce and searching for solutions.

dg_moore

Re: Q and A about glands.

Postby dg_moore » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:51 pm

"Glans penis" or just "glans." Not glands - look it up.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:35 pm

I will chime in pedantically as well. While "inplant" may be just as descriptive (the implant is, after all IN-side your penis) the proper spelling is with an "m".

Alas, I cannot speak to your actual question. Whether my glans is hard or soft, I do not reach my lover's "back wall". Having lost her cervix before we met, she hasn't got a cervix any more, thus her "back wall" is soft tissue.

But I am pretty sure you will not detect any difference at all.

IF (and this is a big "if") your glans is soft after implant (or at any time, really) you will probably not feel the bottoming out as firmly as you did when your glans was engorged and firm. But this is the bad news and likely will not apply to you because of the good news.

The good news is that the operation (properly done) seldom affects the glans. Your glans will very likely firm up (engorge) after the implant just as it did before the implant. The corpus spongiosum (the outer body of the penile shaft and the penis head, or glans) engorges by a completely different mechanism than the corpus cavernosum.

The cavernosum is inside the tunica albuginea which provides rigidity and the basic erection - the foundation of your erection, if you will. The spongiosum is outside the tunica along the shaft and provides a little extra fullness to the shaft and fullness (tumescence) to the glans.

But, as I suggested, the insertion of the implant affects only the cavernosum and the spongiosum should be completely unaffected by the operation (except that it may be bruised or the trauma/insult of the operation to your nerves may take some time to recover from). Some men report loss of sensation. Nerve damage may be permanent or more often temporary. I am still recovering feeling nearly two years after surgery. Having said that, the loss after implant was not noticeable to me - I was so overjoyed by my restored erection, I did not notice or care. It is only with repeated use that I have observed increased feelings - and the change is very subtle. In other words, I probably should not even mention it. But since you seem to be a sexual connoisseur, I did.

edited to add: As Oldbeek points out a few posts down, if the nerves are removed, severed or otherwise made inoperative, the spongiosum response to stimuli likely will be impaired. I mentioned that, but not with any emphasis. Simple implant does not usually do that, but prostatectomy is another thing altogether.

"Floppy head" syndrome (which you did not specifically ask about) is usually the result of an implant too short to reach into and support the tunica all the way into the glans as the tunica originally did. This is a mistake by the surgeon in measuring the inside of your penis ("sizing", they call it). Made out of caution, perhaps or for some valid medical reason (restrictions due to scar tissue, for example). In a healthy penis the tunica extends up into the glans and supports it. The (now damaged tunica) cannot do that, so the implant's tips must extend up into the glans far enough to substitute. But the tips are hard plastic and sizing the implant must be done with caution so that the tips have no potential for erosion through your tissues. That would be disastrous.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:50 pm

I have never had a problem with my glands, it seems to be well supported by the tips of the cylinders, which go up about 3/4 of the way into it. It still engorges to some degree when erect and excited.
erect4 good.JPG
erect4 good.JPG (119.07 KiB) Viewed 1091 times
toy 3.JPG
toy 3.JPG (196.31 KiB) Viewed 1091 times
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

DaveKell

Postby DaveKell » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:54 pm

I've been asked this once at an implant seminar I spoke at. My answer is this, nothing is any different about my erection with an implant except for slightly less girth. For reasons I'm not sure of, when I get aroused my penis still chubs noticeably on its own as well. My glans is always full and purple, no flat mushroom ever. Like has been pointed out countless times, the skill of the surgeon has much to do with a good outcome.
Became DaveKell 2.0 on July 18th with Dr. Allen Morey in Dallas, TX. AMS 700 CX implant. 18cm with 5.5 RTE's.

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:02 pm

DaveKell wrote:For reasons I'm not sure of, when I get aroused my penis still chubs noticeably on its own as well. My glans is always full and purple...

+ 1

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:08 pm

I had all my nerves removed during the RARP for cancer removal. No filling of the sponginaous or glans. Cold grey and flat most of the time. Wondering if trimix gel would firm things up. Had more sensitivity with trimix injections
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”