Kramer can't work with my insurance. Should I wait for Kramer or "settle" for Karpman?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Gt1956

Re: Kramer can't work with my insurance. Should I wait for Kramer or "settle" for Karpman?

Postby Gt1956 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:26 pm

ED2013 wrote:I believe Karpman is just as good. No “settling” here.

I guess it comes down to what you call "settling". Karpman does around 100 implants a year. Not the highest but it's up there compared to many urologists. You should take in to account that not all surgeons are doing implants only. He appears to do lots of other surgeries, teach some, research papers & so forth. There is a good chance that his time is pretty much all spoken for. Thus 100 per year is towards the upper limit of his time that isn't already taken. FWIW, there is a fair number of members that have his name in their info tag. Also, I have searched & can't find any patients that are unsatisfied. Considering that most of the big names are back East. He stands out as a very viable option for those in the West.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Quincy

Re: Kramer can't work with my insurance. Should I wait for Kramer or "settle" for Karpman?

Postby Quincy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:52 pm

I went to Karpman and IMO he's one of the very best. He seems very interested in helping men maintain size, he does minimally invasive surgery that allows you to start inflating after just one week, and he's caring and concerned. I chose him over Eid and Kramer because he did the kind of surgery I wanted and seemed perfect for all of his choices in doing the surgery.

He's great to talk with on the phone, so call his office and ask for a consultation. Make sure you tell him of your concerns and let him give you his reasons for what he does.

Good luck.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:52 pm

WAIT FOR KRAMER, WILL NEVER HAVE TO WONDER. EID AND KRAMER ARE VIEWED AS TWO THE VERY BEST. I AM THREE YEARS OUT FROM MY IMPLANT AND SELECTED DR. K AFTER REVIEWING ALL FOR OVER 6 MONTHS.
Attachments
IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0013.jpg (24.31 KiB) Viewed 1428 times
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:48 pm

UMMR was not taking my insurance the first couple times I contacted his office either. Eventually they did. I am sure if Dr. Kramer says they are working on it, somebody is. Insurance companies negotiate prices and contract. Doctors do too. Dr. Kramer has a lot of experience in the financial aspect of this. Trust him but just maybe prod his office once in a while? ;) Cheers
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:54 am

WW, hopefully you are still on the FT site. What was your decision and/or outcome? Choice of implant?

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:20 am

WindWizard wrote:... I wonder why this story has spread?

Like they say, a lie travels around the world before the truth gets its boots on.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:15 pm

Agfa13 wrote:WW, hopefully you are still on the FT site. What was your decision and/or outcome? Choice of implant?

Look at his updated signature>> He was implanted by Dr Karpman on 10/8/2019. Done deal
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Magicmike

Postby Magicmike » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:22 pm

U r not settling. He is a top 3 Surgeon

stephen54

Postby stephen54 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:50 pm

ViaSwiss wrote:...Titan gets more rigid, but its beyond the rigidity needed for humans.

Um, no. Overbroad statement. "Needed"? Depends entirely on what you're trying to accomplish!

There are absolutely some things this Titan's 100% max inflated rigidity allows us to do which we could not do otherwise. 3 specific things come to mind immediately...
54 yrs. Blessed with highly sexual 52 yr old wife. Pills 10 years, then 9 yrs Trimix. 28 cm Titan Touch XL 2019, Laurence Levine, Rush Univ Med Ctr, Chicago. Implant = nonstop fun. Hypogonadal, so also 10+ years testosterone replacement.

Biker60

Postby Biker60 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:21 am

Not every surgeon is “world class” as this sight repeats greatly. The surgeon who did mine is not a world class implanter. He does do urological reconstruct surgery . Especial for trauma patients. He is the guy that saves your penis from erosion, or from a gun shot wound. Major city hospital and major university teaching facility. I asked him about doing multiple implants and he indicated he does it all. He treats guys with PD, ED and anyone with urological trauma. Like the Crazy that that inject saline or Vaseline into there penis and balls. Or the guy who does a home subscision and causes urological sepsis.

Before I went with him I saw the super stars mentioned on this board. The last one was far from being a star. He told me he only used ams cx. He only does infra pubic. And will not do anything related to Peyronies. So he was out of the running. My point, there a many really good surgeons who are local and know what they are doing. One has to do research, interview and make a decision .

Return to “Implants”