Kramer's website endorses Shock/Energy Wave Therapy - Should a young guy (19) give it another try, or go with Implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
WindWizard

Re: Kramer's website endorses Shock/Energy Wave Therapy - Should a young guy (19) give it another try, or go with Implan

Postby WindWizard » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:21 pm

ED2013 wrote:I’ve heard Kramer responds to emails quickly. Perhaps a member can chime in his email address. Dr. Karpman usually calls promptly. Since it’s been a few weeks, I’d call again. I don’t think it’s bugging if it’s been a few weeks.

The first time I called Karpman's office, his secretary seemed very confused when I asked if I could speak with Dr. Karpman over the phone. She just seemed to indicate it wasn't something that happened. But she did say she'd leave a message and that he would call me back soon. So I suppose I might as well call and ask again, I'm just worried I'm gonna get the same confused response again, and then it's never gonna happen. :(
20 years old. Severe ED for the past 5 years due to scar tissue.
Tried shockwave therapy in Greece, and PRP shot from Dr. Goldstein in San Diego. Both with no results.
Implanted with a AMS LGX 18cm + 2 RTEs, performed by Dr. Edward Karpman - 10/8/2019

WindWizard

Re: Kramer's website endorses Shock/Energy Wave Therapy - Should a young guy (19) give it another try, or go with Implan

Postby WindWizard » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:41 pm

merrix wrote:As a principle, based on experience and common sense, I find it hard to believe that any treatment would have no effect whatsoever shortly after the treatment, but then magically produce a huge effect a month later… Maybe the effect can slightly strengthen over time, but to go from not noticeable to cure your ED by just waiting for a month doing nothing..? You don’t believe in that either.
The normal way is that any effect is strongest immediately and then fades…

I agree... It doesn't seem to make any sense to me either, and according to Dr. Hatzichristodoulou, it doesn't, but most people selling the treatment claim that full results won't be seen for several months.

Regarding implant, it for sure is a solution that works. It will give you a dick which you for sure can use for sex. And use very well. As good as it gets.
There are of course drawbacks to an implant, as there is to all ED treatments. The major one being that you have to pump your dick up to get hard. However, there is no point refusing an implant for that reason when the alternative is not getting hard at all, and hence have no sex at all. If your (and my) options are to either have no sex at all for the rest of our lives, or to get an implant, pump our dicks up and then fuck like a king, I think the choice is pretty simple.

You're completely right of course... and honestly, even just having it stated that way really seems to make the decision clear. Yes an implant is irreversible, yes I can't go back, but why would I ever want to go back? Go back to what? Terrible ED ending every sexual encounter in embarrassment and regret? No I don't think so, that's nothing to go back to. Thank you for even just stating that the way you did... I think it's given me a lot of clarity.

Of course, a good advice to anyone as young as you would be to try all less invasive treatments without risk and with some chance of success before going the implant route. But to me, it seems you have done that already.

I have... I suppose some people might say I should try them all again, such as Shock Wave Therapy, or PRP, but if they didn't do ANYTHING the first time, why would I suspect they would the second or third? And why put my life on hold waiting?

Finally, I’d just like to throw in another name in your implant doc shortlist. Dr. Eid.
Facts are that if FT is used to judge who’s the best, he’d win hands down. Even though I am sure Kramer is one of the best, there are still quite a few fuckups from him among FT members. Not so from Eid.

Eid was actually my first choice. When I finally made the decision I was going to get an implant, Eid was the man I wanted. I've watched all his video content and read so much of what he's written, and he's really the guy I would feel most comfortable and hopeful going with. The issue is that he simply doesn't work for my insurance. If I had the money to spare, I might even pay out of pocket for him, but I simply don't, and my Father, who is going to be financing my implant pursuit, doesn't want to spend thousands of dollars on the implant surgery when it could be covered by our insurance.

Thankfully, Kramer and Karpman, both great docs from the research I've done, both work with my insurance. Kramer was my second choice, but I've ran into dozens of problems trying to schedule with him, which still have not been resolved, and so I may end up having to go with Karpman.
20 years old. Severe ED for the past 5 years due to scar tissue.
Tried shockwave therapy in Greece, and PRP shot from Dr. Goldstein in San Diego. Both with no results.
Implanted with a AMS LGX 18cm + 2 RTEs, performed by Dr. Edward Karpman - 10/8/2019

Return to “Implants”