Stretch Test

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SeaCapt

Re: Stretch Test

Postby SeaCapt » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Dr, Eid did the stretch test in his office and measured that. Then injected me and measured length and girth that way. He said this gave him an idea of which models and sizes to have on hand in the operating room. He gave me the literature and sample pumps from both AMS and Titan to take home. I'm only a week post surgery, and when cycling already at my max tested size, and I know there is more to grow still. I had lost an inch to cancer surgery, and believe I will get it back, although it may take a year. (not complaining!)
56. RARP for prostate cancer in Feb. 17, then no-go with pills, injections, vacuum, so here I am. Titan 20cm by Dr. Eid on 8/6/19, cycling on Day 4, stitches out Day 14, sex with a grateful wife on Day 20. And 21, 22, 23, etc.

St1pan2019

Postby St1pan2019 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:03 am

SeaCapt wrote:Dr, Eid did the stretch test in his office and measured that. Then injected me and measured length and girth that way. He said this gave him an idea of which models and sizes to have on hand in the operating room. He gave me the literature and sample pumps from both AMS and Titan to take home. I'm only a week post surgery, and when cycling already at my max tested size, and I know there is more to grow still. I had lost an inch to cancer surgery, and believe I will get it back, although it may take a year. (not complaining!)

Just curious..did Dr Eid get two different results with the stretch test methods? How much more did your penis stretch with injection? Or was it similar? I know people on FT find the stretch test useless as the real measurement happens when you’re in the Operating room but it’s nice to have that feeling before going under that you and your doctor discussed length and they would do everything possible to get you there on their end!
40 yrs old, ED from Scleroderma since 2010, married since 2004, was using VED/rings for sex as injections/pills didn't work, Also on Testosterone injection therapy
Implanted 1/9/2020
Dr. Eid, Titan Touch 20+1cm rte
Reside in Ontario, Canada

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:28 am

Agree. And at least Dr. Eid does the test to see how you really look in a naturally erect state before 'deciding for you' which product to use in the OR as many other implant surgeons do! I know that I may have chosen AMS rather than Coloplast because I did NOT need more girth that the Titan offers. Some surgeons want to play God. I would rather thank God for Dr. Eid!

Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

SeaCapt

Postby SeaCapt » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:22 am

[quote="Just curious..did Dr Eid get two different results with the stretch test methods? How much more did your penis stretch with injection? Or was it similar? I know people on FT find the stretch test useless as the real measurement happens when you’re in the Operating room but it’s nice to have that feeling before going under that you and your doctor discussed length and they would do everything possible to get you there on their end![/quote]

Yes, the stretch test was the shortest, at about 4 3/4". injection got me to 5 1/4" (post-cancer-surgery erect length was 5 1/2"), although it was a pencil. The injection hardened just the very core of the penis, there was no engorgement or girth gained. Girth while injected measured at 4 3/4", but later, a little basic stimulation achieved 5 1/2" girth, even though mostly flaccid.

If he only considered the injection test, he would have chosen AMS, as it seems a better choice for a thinner penis. But based on soft engorged girth, pre-surgery length, and my stated preference for Titan (after researching, examining both and trying both pumps), he went with the 20cm Titan.
56. RARP for prostate cancer in Feb. 17, then no-go with pills, injections, vacuum, so here I am. Titan 20cm by Dr. Eid on 8/6/19, cycling on Day 4, stitches out Day 14, sex with a grateful wife on Day 20. And 21, 22, 23, etc.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:53 am

My surgeon did the stretch test to give me a rough idea of what I could expect, but told me the only accurate measurement would happen internally during the surgery. My stretch test measurement was 4.5” even though I could get a semi-hard 5” erection. I did have some Peyronies and he cleaned plaque from inside my shaft while he was in there. I now have a 6.5” when fully pumped. I tend to agree with others the stretch test is almost a disclaimer that allows the doctor to tell you he is pretty confident you will end up at least with that size. If that doesn’t scare you off, you will likely be happy with your results.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:50 pm

This is so subjective. My injection length was about 5.5 or so, but had that 30 or so degree curve and not real hard. In traction I was 6.25 long. The doc did a stretch test but did not stretch real hard. I think he did it more for my ego than anything. It was about same as my stretch. I did not stretch really hard so I would not have unrealistic expectations. . Just before I went under I asked him again. He just smiled, stretched out again and said I could expect that. When he talked to my wife after surgery he said we would be happy with size. I really just wanted s hard dick but would have liked as much length as I could get.

In ved was up to 6.75. My pre ed was just under 7.

First couple weeks I could not measure because of some fat pad swelling but i looked pretty good. As time went on i got to 6 then to 6.25 then at 6 months i am right at 6.5 with no glans engorgement. Engorged glans will put me over 6.5 easy.

Not to bad considering last summer i was only 5.5 on a good day.

In summary, a stretch test is nice for the ego but bad if your doc does not have the talent to measure correctly from the inside and get you there. When it is all said and done, whatever those rods say you are is what you get. Hopefully your doc puts at least what they measure out at. And uses only the bare minimum rtes you need to get tubing in the right place. Hopefully none.

No rtes means your implant is its max inflatable size. More rtes less inflatable portion.

Pretty much all studies show, a higher volume implant doc lowers all risks even lower. They more aggressively size you and lower complication risk.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Return to “Implants”