Time

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Magicmike

Time

Postby Magicmike » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:54 pm

How long does it take to were the implant feels like a part of you and your not thinking anymore about walking around with a device in your pants. Also how long does it take to get used to the pump and deflate button. I guess long story short will I ever feel normal again

dg_moore

Re: Time

Postby dg_moore » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:37 pm

A couple of months for me. After that I rarely ever thought about it. To me it's just like my dental implants and artificial aortic valve - they're just there, but unnoticed.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

David_R

Postby David_R » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:37 pm

+ 1

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:23 pm

At nine months post-op, I'm still getting used to it and I'll probably never 'not' know a device is there. My 4" scrotal scar, painful memories of pre and post-op nurse incompetence and surgeon stupidity and ill-concern about my anatomical reality continues to haunt me almost daily causing weekly nightmares about that procedure and instills fear and trepidation about my ortho surgeries yet to come.

Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

Magicmike

Time Off

Postby Magicmike » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:39 pm

I will be scheduling my appointment with Dr Eid shortly how much vacation should I schedule. I'm in fairly good shape I work out daily and eat very healthy. I'm 56 Sales manager for an Oilfield Supply Co so no hard labor involved.

softtohard

Re: Time Off

Postby softtohard » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Magicmike wrote:I will be scheduling my appointment with Dr Eid shortly how much vacation should I schedule. I'm in fairly good shape I work out daily and eat very healthy. I'm 56 Sales manager for an Oilfield Supply Co so no hard labor involved.

I went for Dr Eid. Super pleased.
Back to work after 3 weeks.
Laying in bed for 2 weeks straight.
ED since 22 years old now 36 years old. 18/July/2019, Coloplast 22 cm Dr Eid New York.
From Sweden, Stockholm, Girlfriend

Magicmike

Postby Magicmike » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:58 pm

Do u do hard labor is the reason for the 2 weeks in the bed. I'm not sure if I can take off 2 weeks. I saw where he implanted u with 22cm do u have about 6.5 in length

DonDon

Postby DonDon » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:08 pm

It takes time. Just posted on another topic that I feel like is a part of me. It took 3 months or so to start ignoring it. My ectopic reservoir slipped out into my scrotum and it is hard not to feel it. Kinda feels like a scrotum within a scrotum. But even that difficulty has passed. I feel 90% normal as before and totally ignore it. Let me describe the 10%. As the implant only inflates the shaft, the head never gets engorged. And I notice that difference only. It makes an orgasm slightly harder to get, but not that much. My intercourse time has probably doubled and sometimes tripled. But that isn't really a problem for me (or her.) It takes some getting used to for an orgasm to come. That seems to be the only adjustment to our sex life.

One benefit I find may compensate. Alcohol consumption used to impact my erectile ability, even when I was young. No more. I can have all I want to drink and the pump still inflates me regardless of alcohol consumption. Makes "date-night-Wednesdays" all the more fun. We can party and drink with the rest of them and still expect to have sex when we get home. I had gotten to the point pre-implant that I wouldn't drink anything if I wanted sex later.
Aug'15: RP NON nerve-sparing on Rt. Pills, vac pump, injections: Injections were best, about 50%. Aug'17: Penile pain and headaches. Implant: AMS CX 18 cm+2 cm. (Undersized! :x ) Asked for LGX! Ochsner Hospital, New Orleans, LA Still working great.

Quester

Postby Quester » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:29 pm

I asked the same question as when my doctor said 1 week for basically a desk job and then 6 weeks taking it easy as in light duty. To 3 weeks if a heavy labor job is involved. I’m a pharmacy technician so not heavy labor but not sitting at a desk either. So I took or planning on 2 weeks.

As for when it will feel normal can’t help you there since I’m about 3 weeks before my implant date :(
ED 20 years, Peyroine's Disease diagnosed in 2018, at 57 years I was implanted September 3rd 2019 at the Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, AMS700 CX 21cm + 2cm RTE

Return to “Implants”